Chapter 70

"....... What are you doing here? "The boy questioned the girl before him.

She held no emotions as she slowly approach him like a wondering zombie. The mere sight of her is creepy to look at.

      "Nii........chan. "The boy flinched at the whispers that slipped out from her lips.

       "......... I see. With that thing out of you, your true consciousness is no longer working huh....... You surprised me, Haruna. I never thought that your subconscious mind could reach this level. "The boy shrugged.

Eventually, he lifted his hand and made a stop posture as she got closer to him.

       "Stop. "He simply stated. To his surprise, she stopped walking and started staring at him mindlessly instead. Yet, he was grateful.

       "........ Thank you for listening to me, Haruna. And thank you for imprinting my existence into your heart. But....... Not another step further. One more step, you'll never go back again. "The boy said to her with a bitter smile. After that, he turned around and stared at the sea that was barely visible miles away.

       "You came up here because you felt as if the sea was calling you. But, I'm sure you realize........ That it's not the sea you want. But the memory you share with the sea. "Finally, the boy turned back to face her.

       "Go back to him. "He said with a smile.
************************************
       "Kiera!!!!" Akihiko nearly had a heart attack when he found her standing on the other side of the rooftop's railing fence with nothing in between her and a fatal fall.

She didn't respond to his call, she just continued to stare out to the horizon as the cold breeze ran through her.

Akihiko doesn't dare for any suddenness movements, but he don't have the guts to keep things slow either.

Kiera's body had yet to recover from her near death sickness before November came. Afterwards, things just got worst before she even get the chance to let her body recover.

The Kiera now was practically skin and bones with her face as white as sheets. He's afraid that she'll get blown off the roof.

      "Kiera, whatever you do, don't move okay? "Akihiko said as he slowly approach her, being extra careful to not frighten her.

      "My God....... "Mitsuru's face whitens the moment she caught up to Akihiko. So, did the rest of the members of SEES.

No one had the luxury to celebrate that Kiera is awake before the sight of this.

      "....... Sanada, approach her slowly. And don't stop talking to her, let her estimate when you'll reach her. "The doctor who followed them flinched at the sight, but he quickly regained his composure and instructed Akihiko on what to do next. Then, he signaled the rest of the SEES to follow Akihiko as quietly as possible.

With a clear instruction, Akihiko is no longer hesitant on what he should do next. Slow but steadily, he approached Kiera.

        "Kiera, how's the view there? I'm sure it's beautiful but it's a bit dangerous don't you think? Why don't you come down from there?" Akihiko said as he got closer to her.

Everyone was too focused on Kiera to even notice that they're slowly approaching the dark hour.

A smile soon spread across Akihiko's face as Kiera was getting closer to his reach.

Just a few more steps......

Tick, tick, tick tick.....

The clock struck midnight the moment Akihiko reached out his hand. What happened next horrified everyone within the area.