Chapter 31

I stood behind the fence of the roof in our school, staring at the distant scenery of the peaceful city, ignoring the sound of the bell rings as my hair danced with the wind. It has been a long time since I last skipped class, but it's the first time doing it in school though.

"Your conditions had worsen more than I anticipated. If what you said about your sickness is related to the destruction of your body, then the mental breakdown you had that day has shortened your time. Try to avoid yourself from depression, or you'll die before November comes. "

I stared into the sky, September is already here and I probably have less than two months in this beautiful world. Things changed so much ever since I returned here, we have new members and made visible effort to end the dark hour. A dog, a robot maiden.......and Ken Amada. I don't want to admit it, but they are definitely stronger than me, not to mention the seniors.

"I never thought that I would find you here. "I turned around and saw Mitsuru standing by the door to the roof top with her arms crossed, looking pissed. I don't blame her I was playing truant after all.

"Someone reported that a student was on the roof during class time, can I ask why that it's you? "She questioned as she came closer.

"Just thinking what's the point of going to school now when there's something else to see out there. "I said as I turned back to the scenery. She flinched when she heard that.

"Kiera, is something wrong? It's not like you to say such things. "Mitsuru switched her approach, she was concerned about the things I've just said.

"....... Sorry, I guess I'm just myself today. I'll just go back to class. "I brushed it off by faking a chuckle and went back to my classroom, leaving Mitsuru hanging there on the roof. Sorry, Mitsuru. I don't want to let you know that I'm dying.

"Have you heard? There's a foreign transfer student! "I heard some gossips in class. I bet they are all talking about Aigis. Sometimes, I wonder how long that the popularity of transfer students last, cuz mine sure ended fast. I stared at the blank notebook on my desk, getting the weird urge to fill it up with words. But, I got nothing........except for a Will. I guess....... It's about time I prepare one.

"I want Ken, Akihiko sempai, Yukari and Kiera. "Yuki assigned at the entrance of Tartarus.

"Wait, what? "I paused when I was just about to take seat at my usual waiting spot. Why does he wants me in tonight's exploration?

"There's a high chance that a floor without a single shadow will appear today, I want to cover up the whole floor before Death shows up. "Yuki explained, he seems determined.

"Well, no one can top up to your speed here, Kiera. "Akihiko chuckled.

"........ Then, leave it to me. "I gave them a soft smile, hoping that this body of mine wouldn't fail them.

Just like what Yuki said, we did came across a floor without a single shadow. He split us up immediately to find all suitcases and the stairs. I was the perfect person for the job and got to proceed individually as there's no shadows.

"....... How on earth did a spear manage to fit inside a suitcase?....... Tartarus logic I guess. "I sighed and took the spear with me, Ken can use this.

"Careful! I sense Death! "Fuuka warned in our heads.

"Everyone! Go to the stairs now! "Yuki ordered. I nods even though he can't see it and started running towards the staircase. I flinched and made a dead stop at a certain turn, the sounds of chains slowly creep towards me.

"Shit! "I cursed softly and quickly turned towards the opposite direction. I can't meet up with them, that's my only path to the stairs and Death is waltzing its way towards me.

"Fuuka sempai, where the access point? "I asked as I tried to avoid any dead ends while Death continues to tail me.

"Fuuka sempai? "I stopped when she didn't respond, but the main reason was the fact the the sounds of chains are slowly disappearing. I flinched when I heard the sound of thunder exploding just a few corridors away from me.

"Everyone, go back Ken up! Death caught him! "Fuuka shouted. I pulled out my blades and, charged towards the direction of a fierce battle ahead of me.

"Pick on someone your own size! "I yelled when I managed to sneak up to it from behind. I knocked it over which has shocked Ken who's barely standing. Both my blades dropped to floor with my hands sore and shaking, I can't draw out any strength from them!

"Kiera-san? "Ken asked, dumbfounded by the sight of the reaper on the floor.

"Run for it! "I yelled when I noticed signs of it getting up, I quickly grabbed his hand and dragged him with me. Hoping to reach the stairs where the reaper can't step foot on.

"...... Kiera-san, can I ask you something? "He questioned.

"Now doesn't seem like a good time! "I said as I constantly checked our backs.

"It'll be quick. "He stated.

"Then, hurry up with it! "I could feel my strength fading by the minute. It's not only robbing my life force, but my strength and stamina as well?!

"....... Are you there on the night when my mother died? "I flinched at the question and stopped without noticing. I turned and saw a dead serious look on his face. He wanted answers.

"Ken, let's discuss it some other time okay? "I asked him.

"Then, you're not denying. "He lowers down his head, his grip on his spear tightened.

"It's not what you think....... "My heart stopped when I heard the chains again. I slightly glance towards my right side where we last seen the reaper. It decided to make a stop and aimed us with his gun instead.

"Kiera! Ken! Are you alright?! "I saw Akihiko running towards us from the corridor in front of me with the others. My body just started moving on its own when I heard the clicking sound of his gun loading up.

I grabbed Ken as fast as I could and threw him up before I slapped kick him as hard as I could. The force sent him straight into Aki's arms which are still a few meters away. Everyone was shocked on what I did, I really didn't want them to see this, but I have no choice. I managed to give Ken a soft smile as Death pulled his trigger.

The blast send me flying and slammed onto the dead-end of the corridor. Everything was a blur afterwards. I think I heard some screaming, maybe Fuuka's, or maybe Aki's....... I don't know. I just remember laying on the cold floor in my own puddle of blood, unable to move a single muscle. It really feels that my already drained life slipping out from my body. So........ This is dying. I passed out soon after that.

"Kiera! Wake up! "My eyes shot open when I heard Aki's voice. The first thing I saw was his face so pale that he looks like he's dead. I found myself laying on the floor with both his hands on my shoulders, did he shook my body?

"I thought I was........ Ouch! "I sat up and flinched at how sore my body is. Aki helped me to sit up, I checked my body during that time. There's no visible wounds on my body, but the blood stains on my torn clothes proves that the incident really happened. I turned around and met with everyone's crying face.

"Erm....... I lived? "I tried to crack a joke, but no one laughed. Instead, Aki pulled me into his arms, holding me tight as he body trembled.

"I thought I lost you. "He said in a broken voice as he bury his face in my shoulder. I was startled by his actions, I waited for a while before I too wrapped my arms around him, reassuring him that I'm alright.

"Kiera you idiot! You could've died there! I'll kill you if you ever try something like that again! "Yukari yelled as she too hugged me, sobbing like a newborn baby. Not long after that, Fuuka joined, then Mitsuru, Ken, Junpei, Yuki and Aigis. We ended up having a huge group hug, not willing to let go for minutes.

I was quiet for this whole time, not being affected by the moment at all. I worried for other things. They looked like they've been through hell just by me nearly dying......... What happens when I died for real? I can't picture it.