Chapter 16

Not one is in the vacation home when I finally decided to get out of the bed. Since there's nothing to do, I went shopping for souvenirs.

There isn't much shops and stalls nearby but there's more than enough variety to choose from. As I went through the shops, I managed to buy a nice leather bracelet for Chidori and a weird looking mask for Takaya. I can't wait to see their face when they saw the mask.

Not long after that, I came across a tiny stall beside the street. It sells beautiful wooden craft items. A old lady was running it. I was drawn to a necklace with wooden plate.

      "You have a nice eye, young lady. That one holds the blessing of longevity and health. "The old lady said.

     "Really? "I asked.

     "I can't say whether it will really bring those things, but it acts as a blessing or a message for the person who you want to give. "

    "....... I'll take two of it. "I smiled as I bought the necklaces.

     "Thanks, as a bonus, I'll let you have a free fortune telling from my granddaughter. "The old lady smiled. Suddenly, the fortune teller beside the stall jumped up.

      "Grandma! Can you not simply decide such things?! I won't be able to earn a living if this keeps up. "She complained.

     "But, she's such a nice girl. "The old lady replied.

     "...... It's okay, I don't really believe in these things in the first place. "I stopped the fight. I never thought that I would enrage the fortune teller for saying such things.

     "So you think that I'm a fraud?! "She seems pissed.

     "That's not what I meant....... "I tried to explain but I was cut off when she spread a deck of cards on her table.

     "Pick three cards! If I was right with both your past and present, you'll pay me for revealing your future! "She challenged me. She also give me a kind of stare that she dares to murder me if I back out of it.

I stared back at her, hesitating. It's not like I don't believe in fortune telling, it's just that....... There's no point in knowing a future you don't have. I'm going to die, I can't change that, not when I'm still taking these pills. I also don't want her to know about my past and present, especially my future. If she's real, this is a life that no one should ever experience. But, from the looks of it, I don't have a choice. With a sigh, I picked out three cards for her and sat down in front of the table.

      "Alright! First card!........ 3 of swords?" She was shocked to see that card.

      "........ Do you have rejection, sadness, heartbreak or maybe betrayal in the past? "She asked me.

      "........ All you've stated above. "I replied with my head low.

     "....... How is it possible? Usually this card doesn't appear on the past card. "She was confused.

     "Don't worry........ It's accurate, you can stop if you want. "I smiled wryly.

     "........ For your present. "She ignored me and flipped over the second card.

       "........ The devils........" She doesn't seem to have the guts to tell me what it meant. Even though I don't read tarot cards........ I could tell instantly that it's bad. Suddenly, she skipped to the third card and flinched.

      "........ The Death card. "She muttered out the words. I stared at her for a while before I stood up and place some money on her table.

      "Thanks for all of your concerns. I have to go now. "I bowed down and turned around to leave. Suddenly the fortune teller grabbed my arm and stopped me.

       "Cherish the people around you and trust them. Sometimes, we won't notice how much we care about them until we've lose them. One ordeal awaits you in the near future, one mistake and you may perish from this world. Calm down the remember why you're there. And finally, believe in those who love you as they are the key to changed your destined life. "She gave me some advice before she lets go of me. In the end, she didn't even take the money.

I walked to the beach and stared at the ocean. Will this be the last time I was at the beach? A fate that even scares a fortune teller....... I know that, but it still terrifying find out the Death card. It's almost time for my annual check up, I wonder what they'll say. I pulled out my phone when I heard that it's ringing.

       "Kiera, what's your current location? "Mitsuru asked.

      "At the beach? "

      "Return to the vacation home and prepare for battle. "

      "Why? "

      "I'll explain as soon as we all gather. If you see the boys, please inform them. "She hung up after that. I was confused, prepare for battle? Now? I'm pretty sure that it's not the dark hour now.

I decided to just go with the flow for now. I saw the boys hiding behind a huge rock when I was just about to return to the vacation home. They seems to staring at the blonde hair girl. Curious about what they're doing, I watched them walk up the the girl one by one and returned back to their original spot when the girl don't really want anything to do with them. Seriously, what are they doing?

Suddenly, I remembered that I'm supposed to inform the boys about the prepare for battle thing. Therefore, I walked towards. At the same time, Yuki too started walking towards the girl.

      "What are you guys doing? "I asked. They're shocked to see me, then all of our attention turned towards the girl who ran away as soon as Yuki talked to her. Did he said something rude? Anyway, the guys forced him to go after her to apologize, then they followed him not long after he took off running. They've completely forgotten about my existence. With a sigh, I followed them into the forest.

By the time I caught up to them, the blonde girl was hugging Yuki. What just happened? It wasn't long before the other girls joined us and talking about a tank? Everything finally falls into place when Ikutsuki met up with us.

      "This is Aigis. The last remaining anti-shadow weapon. "Everyone was shocked when Ikutsuki introduced the blonde girl to us. We're surprised to see that she's not human. I feel weird when I heard that she's capable in operating a persona. Why a robot like her can have a persona and I can't? Yet, I tried to hide that ugly feeling, can't I just be happy that a new member has joined us?

I must've mastered the arts of hiding my feelings as no one suspected a thing, just like how I want it to be. Thanks to that, we have a great time on our last day of our little summer trip. Although we have trouble teaching Aigis what's the true meaning of water gun. Overall, it's fun.