Chapter 38

It was late at night, I sat in the corner of my own room with the towel over my wet hair. I guess what has to come will eventually come. To think I have to choose between Strega and SEES now. If I choose to let Chidori go, I'll betray SEES, but if I don't do anything, I'll betray Strega. What am I supposed to do?

Chidori hates the hospital just as much as myself and here we are now, confining her in a hospital. Well, not much of the difference anyway, the doctor was the one who wanted to keep her. Malnutrition, dehydration, weakening of body......... I blame myself more to not notice. She's dying soon, maybe later than me but faster than Jin. Why didn't she say anything? But, even she did, what's the point? I can't do anything about it, I can't even be there when her time ends, some friend I am..........

"Kiera, are you awake? "A soft knock on the door was followed by a familiar whisper. He always knew when to show up when I needed someone. With a sigh, I got up and opened the door for him.

"....... Jeez, are you trying to catch a cold or something? "He complained as he rubbed my hair with the towel, drying them until he's satisfy by hanging the towel back on the rack. With a sigh, he took off his beanie hat and we sat down side by side on my bed.

"Judging from your 'end of the world' face, you know nothing about it huh? "He said.

"This make me question........what do I know? "I asked with my head low, both arms hugging myself, feeling insecure.

"Must be tough when both sides means something to you. But, when it comes to this, you have to choose who you want to be. No one can help you with that. "

"I know......... If I ended up choosing the other party, will you be mad? "

"........ I won't. I know how much both sides meant to you. Whoever you choose, you must have a reason to pick them instead of us. But, for those who doesn't know, it may be a whole different story. "I gripped onto myself tighter when I heard that. I know who is he referring to. I wanted to tell them, I was planning to, but........that was before they became enemies with Strega. This time, Chidori even went as far as kidnapping Junpei on our own dorm's roof. They won't let it go that easily.

"....... Don't you think it's about time you tell them the whole story........ Before they misunderstand you for someone you're not. "He tried to convince me again. But, I can't do it. I just can't.

"I am someone I'm not from the start, Shinji. What's the difference? "I questioned.

"Difference? So, you're saying that you don't care whether they accuse you or not? Stop lying to yourself, God damnit. "

"I've been lying to myself since the day I was born, Shinji! I don't even know who I am anymore! "I yelled at him as my hands covered my ears trying to block out any noise.

"....... What's your name? "He questioned calmly.

"I....... I don't know. "

"....... Are you alive? Or dead? "

"......... I don't know......... I'm sorry....... I don't know anymore. "I sobbed. Shinji stared at me for a while before he sighed and stood up.

"Just remember that I love you, no matter what happen. "He said to me before he left the room, leaving me to cry my heart out. This is a wound in my heart that not even letting everything out will make me feel better anymore.

On the next morning, I got up as early as I could and called Jin before anyone else woke up. It rang for a few times before he finally picks up.

"Do you even know what time is it?! "He complained.

"Yes, I know, stop whining. "I said to him with my poor sore throat.

"........ What the hell happened to your voice? "

"Spare me the lecturing, I spend the whole night crying. I bet you know why. "

"Erm....... No? "I flinched when I heard that.

"What do you mean no? Chidori! She kidnapped Junpei last night!"

"What?......... Come to think of it, she was missing since last night....... Wait, that doesn't matter right now. How and where is she now? "

"She's fine, but Mitsuru had her confined in the hospital for questioning with high security. Knowing Chidori, she won't tell her anything but Mitsuru is the kind of people who will do what is needed to get results. But, I'm confident that they won't use violence to get info out of her. "I told him everything I know.

"That's good news for now. With Kirijou watching her, I don't think those men will do anything to her from now on. "

"Are they still hunting us, Jin? "Fear strikes again.

"Not Chidori and you since Miss Kirijou there are keeping an eye on you two now. You know very well that they don't want their princess to find out about their existence. As long as Takaya and I be careful, we still can handle them. With, Chidori gone. I need to find a new source of info. "

"I'll do it. It's practically my responsibility that she's in the hospital in the first place. "I sighed, at least he didn't make me choose.

"I see. Very well. I would need a way to access to the database of the Kirijou group without getting noticed. That man is plotting something. "

"Who is? "

"Remember what I've said about Ikutsuki? "

"Yes, why? "

"I don't blame you for not remembering, but the scientist who is in charge of our artificial persona user experiment, his name is Ikutsuki. "I was startled by the info. Ikutsuki........

"........ Indeed, that reason alone is enough to be wary of him. Don't worry, Jin. I'll take full responsibility on investigating him. You just focus on other things. I'll report to you when I found something. "

"You sound like you have a way to access the Kirijou database. "

"I do. But, only I can access it. "

"........ Alright, then I'll leave it to you. "He hung up after that. I closed my phone and gripped onto it tight. Ikutsuki.

"Kiera? Are you ready for school? Wanna go together? "Yukari asked as she knocked on the door.

"Coming, sempai! "I shouted as I grabbed my school bag. I must begin my research as soon as possible.

************************************
On the other side, Jin sighed as he put away his phone. Takaya is not going to like the news. Yet, he still have to report it. Takaya is the leader, he must know this.

Instead of pressuring Kiera to help Strega, Jin feel more responsible of what happened. After all, Strega broke the promise to not interfere September's full moon operation.