Chapter 33

"Do you still remember what I told you that night? The one about my mother. "I asked him. He simply nods as he continues to press onto my bleeding wound.

"I was five when my mother dies due to cancer. Not really that much of a surprise considering how many men she slept with everyday. "I sighed as my body relaxed a bit, the pain had been replaced with numbness. It's not like it's a good thing, personally I prefer it than the intense pain.

"The responsibilities of raising me was handed to my father. "I continued.

"Your father? I thought you don't know who your father was."Aki asked.

"Apparently, my mother has been blackmailing him for money. He's a man who didn't want his family's name to be soiled yet he did. That's how they tracked him down. Because of that, I destroyed the peace and loving family he had. "

"Well, he kinda deserve it. "Aki shrugged.

"Maybe........ But if I'm being selfish...... I think I can say I don't deserve it. "I slightly shifted for a more comfortable position, Aki helped me on it.

"Don't deserve what? "He asked.

"Both adults hated me, but their son is surprisingly nice. Even so, a kid can't stop the adults for getting rid of me. "I gave him a bitter smile.

"Get rid of you? "

"....... Promise me that you won't tell Mitsuru? "I asked him.

"What? Why does your story concerns Mitsuru? "He's confused.

"Just promise me...... Please. "I begged.

"Okay. I promise. "He assured. I smiled a bit before I took a deep breath and muster up all the courage I need to continue.

"........ After two months in their home........ They sold me as a test subject to the Kirijou Group. "

"What? "He flinched.

"Back then, Tartarus had just appeared and needed persona users to investigate it. People with the potential to summon a persona had yet to be discovered, so their only choice was creating an artificial persona user........ Me. "

"Kiera....... "Aki reached out his hand and cupped my face, his thumb wiping off the tears that had fell off from my eye.

"That's how I gained the ability to move freely during the dark hour....... But my body was too weak for all those drugs they pump into me, yet they wanted to push my limits. So, I escaped before they have the chance to kill me. This also mainly why I can't summon a persona........my experiment was not completed. "

"........ Why didn't you say anything before? "He questioned, his tone is much softer than before.

"You see those men out there. The experiment was put to an end when Mitsuru first awakened to her persona. Discovering that there's no need for artificial persona users, they wanted to make sure that the word never goes out......... To do that, they have to erase anyone........involved. "I feel a bit absent minded.

"Kiera! "I stared into his eyes when he pulled me back to reality, fear was being seen in his eyes. Without a second thought, he pulled out the device again.

"Mitsuru! Is help here yet?! "He yelled at the device. No one respond.

"Mitsuru, did you come in? "Only statistics was heard this time.

"Shit! "He cursed under his breath and put away the device. He looked at me for a while before he took off his belt and strapped it around my waist, tighten it so that his bloody vest wouldn't fall out of place.

"Aki? "I looked at him, confused as he strapped on his knuckles and prepared his evoker.

"We can't wait here any longer. You need to go to the hospital now. "He said as he cautiously checked outside.

"....... Does it really have to be the hospital? "I gave him a bitter smile.

"Then, where are we going to find a place to treat that wound of yours? "He questioned. He doesn't get the idea. His tone is a bit rude, but I guess it's natural with all what's currently concerning him.

"Sorry....... I'm just not a fan of hospitals. "I shifted myself to ease him when he kneeled down to carry me up.

"Why? "He questioned.

"........ It remind me about how scientists used to strap me down on the white bed and pumping me with a bunch of drugs. "His body twitched when I said that. I leaned my head onto his chest as I'm getting lightheaded due to the amount of blood that I've lost.

"Even so........ I can't just stay here and watch you die. "He held onto me tighter as he stood up with me in his arms. I chuckled a bit as I recalled the memory that I was jealous of Mitsuru when he picked her up like this.

"How can you laugh in a situation like this? "He asked, his body seems to relaxed a bit.

"Nothing......... They will probably pump me with drugs as soon as we got there. So......can you be there....... When I wake up? "He was surprised, perhaps, it's the first time that I ever showed my weakness to him. It's my first time.........begging.

"Don't worry, Kiera....... I would never leave you alone again. "He held me up a bit and touched my forehead with his own, whispering words that worth more than anything else in the world. I feel safe in his arms, I really like the feeling of my heart pumping against my chest. With a faint blush on my face, I nods slightly with a faint smile before I closed my eyes, unable to keep them open again.
************************************
"Kiera?! Kiera, wake up! "Akihiko panicked as he shook her gently in his arms. Her face is as white as a sheet of paper, her breathing is faint with blood still flowing out of her bullet wound. She needs help, now!

He bursted out from the building only to make a stop once he stepped out from the door. There're five guns taking aim of him outside. He couldn't understand where did they came from as he had checked from the window. He flinched when he noticed that the windows are covered up with papers. He fell straight into their trap.

"My apologies, they seems rude don't they? Please understand that these are the only ways we can defend ourselves in the dark hour. "A man stepped out from the crowd and ordered his men to lower their weapons. Even so, Akihiko did not let his guard down, his grip on his girlfriend tightens.

"She seems hurt, don't worry, we'll treat her right away. We're the help sent by Mrs Kirijou. "The man introduced. Akihiko glared him for a while, then he kneeled down, placing Kiera on the floor yet still letting her lean on his chest. He did that for the sole reason of freeing one of his hands. He grabbed his evoker without a second thought and placed it on his forehead.

"I don't trust anyone who had shot her! "He yelled at them before he pulled the trigger, calling out his persona.

"What makes you think that we've shot her? "The man asked.

"Because I know no help aside from myself and my team. "The man flinched when he heard a female voice then followed by multiple summons of persona from his surroundings. With just that, eight personas in total surrounded him and his team.

"Akihiko sempai! Kiera Chan! "Fuuka ran towards them. Akihiko relaxed at the sight that his friends had arrived.

"Akihiko! Get her to the hospital right now! The dark hour should be over once you get there! "Mitsuru ordered. Akihiko just nods, he picked up Kiera again and ran to the hospital with Fuuka staying back to act as a support.

"Now, would you gentlemen mind? We would like some answers from you. "Mitsuru said with rage burning in her eyes as well as the rest of the members in SEES. They tolerate no one who hurt their friends.