Chapter 57

I was alone when I woke up in the morning. For some reason, the awkwardness somehow resembles a one night stand. Have I perhaps gotten used that he's always there? Because I'm certainly feeling lonely right now.

I tried to push myself up from the bed. It's still a very challenging task, but I can't help but feel amazed that I feel absolutely fine. If we leave out the fact that I wasn't able to bring out any strength, of course. I don't feel cold, I don't feel hot, I don't feel pain, I don't feel that breathing is a difficult task! For the first time since yesterday, the fact that I've survived finally struck me. I started to giggle as I was unable to contain my happiness, I quickly regretted it as it made my arms wobbly and I collapsed back onto the bed.

For the first time in years, I didn't let myself head straight for pity land. I'm aware that I'm weak now, but the very thought that I wouldn't get worse than this in the near future makes me happy. After multiple attempts, I finally sat up with my legs hanging over the edge of the bed. I rested for a while as I was exhausted, I hope that this symptom is going away soon.

I checked the time, Aki should be going for school now. Where's Jin though? He should be here by now. Suddenly, I found a sour stench lingering in the air, embarrassed to find that it's coming from me. When was the last time I've taken a bath? For weeks I've been too week to even get off the bed, as an extra, my body was drenched with sweat due to the intense pain that lasted for days. Both Jin and Aki didn't even put the fact that I'm neglecting my personal hygiene in mind to save me some.......embarrassments. Then, the realization hits me.......... How did I relieve myself?

I flinched when I heard someone unlocking the door. Is it Jin? Both myself and the person froze the instant we caught sight of each other.

"....... Who are you?! "I quickly grabbed the knife beside my bed and pointed at the old woman in front of me. Who is she?! How did she find me?!

"Woah, relax, Kiera-chan......... My name is Shiomi, I'm the head maid of the Kirijou estate. "She raised both her hands to show that she's unarmed. Kirijou?! I made a quick scan of her. She had nothing but a basket covered with some towels. It seems that she can sense that I don't trust her, she reached into the basket and pulled out something. I relaxed a bit when I saw it. It's a small cracked ruby. I only know one person who has that, the only other person who knew the story of the Ruby.

"........ Why are you here, Shiomi-san? "I questioned as I put away the knife.

"Mitsuru figure that Sanada-kun is not exactly the best choice to take care of you. So, she sends me to help you with things that he couldn't. But she didn't want anyone to find out, that's why I've been working in secret. "She explained as she places the basket on the table. After that, she pulled out some wet tissues and adult diapers. My face turned red when I notice that I'm in fact wearing one.

Suddenly, it hits me. Mitsuru send her to help me? How does she know where I am? How does she knew what I need?

"I'm sure you have questions, I'll answer them. "I quickly stopped her when I notice that she's going to change the diaper.

"I can do it myself....... No, what am I talking about?! I........prefer the toilet, please. "I was absolutely embarrassed. The whole thing feels weird. Even so, I'm grateful. Although I didn't want to admit it, perhaps that's what I really needed at that time.

"....... Of course, dear. Let me help you. "She said with a smile before she helped me to the toilet. I swiftly strip off anything that's not 'normal' on my body before changing out of my stinky clothes. I guess the shower can wait for now. Once I got out, she helped me to a chair as I didn't want to be on the bed anymore. After that, I started questioning her with all the doubts I had in my head.