Chapter 20

Just like what Aigis have stated, my condition did worsen on the next day amd I'm officially bedridden. Even so, I'm kinda grateful for it. Everyone took turns to take care of me, especially Yukari and Aki. Yet, there're still some of them who was banned from taking care of me.

Mitsuru who has absolutely no idea on how to take care of people, Yuki who's too busy with his schedule, Fuuka who nearly poisoned me with her so called porridge and finally Aigis who follows too literally on her data on how to take care of a person. Jumpei surprised us the most, he's really good at it. I talked to him about it when we're alone in my room. It kinda saddens me to hear that he's actually forced to take care of himself especially when he's thanks to his father who drinks a lot.

It feels nice to learn more about others. Yukari talked about her mother and father with me and Aki talked more about his sister. It feels that they're starting to open up to me more. It wasn't long before I heard some disturbing things.

      "There's a group name Strega interfere with our operation last night. Talking about they don't want us to get rid of the dark hour and something like that. I wonder what those people wants. "Yukari sighed.

     "They did what?! "I was shocked to hear that, I nearly split my chicken soup because of it.

      "They are the ones who locked us in the basement. Akihiko-sempai was really pissed about it. I never thought that there's other persona users that doesn't like what we're doing. "

      "........ I used to think like that too. "I said as I place down the spoon. I need a word with them.

      "I mean who wouldn't want to end the dark hour? Why would they say something like that will be wasting our gift? "Yukark continued. Wasting our gift? I stared at the bowl of soup and shoved it down as fast as I could.

      "Woah, Kiera! Slow down. "Yukari said as she grabbed a tissue for me. I took and wiped my mouth clean.

      "Sorry, Yukari-sempai. I just suddenly remembered that I have to make a private call now. "I smiled as I said to her.

      "Who are you calling? "She asked.

     "Just one of my family. Can you give me some privacy? "I asked.

     "Sure, I'll just be outside. "Yukari said with a smile and she stepped out of the room. I quickly grabbed the phone and dialled Jin. But, no one picked up, it sent straight to the voicemail.

      "........ Don't think you can hide it from me anymore! We really need to talk! You have two days to reply my call or I'll go banging on your door! I'm still open for explanations so you better take that chance. "I yelled at the phone before I hung up. I know that he's not picking up my phone on purpose. This made me pissed. Just when I was about to put away my phone, he called back.

      "Fine, I'll explain. But not on phone. "Jin simply stated.

      "You better have a good explanation for it. I want you to meet me in the manga cafe by tomorrow afternoon. Or else. "I said to him.

      "Tomorrow? Aren't you sick? "

      "How do you know that? "

      "Chidori. "

      "Chidori? What about her?......... Don't tell me you guys planned this from the start?! "

      "We don't have a choice. "

      "How is it possible that you don't have a choice? It's a choice you make! "

      "......... Fine, tomorrow afternoon it is. "He said before he hung up.

      "Great, hang up again. "I mumbled as I threw my phone back onto the table. I laid back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, feeling.......at bit hurt. I used to think that Strega was the only group of people who wouldn't keep secrets from me........now I can clearly see that I'm wrong.

Suddenly, the door opens and Aki walked in with some medicine and a glass of water. Yukari on the other hand was no longer waiting outside.

      "Where's Yukari sempai? "I questioned as I sat up.

     "Her mother called her from what I've heard, it's time to switch places anyways. "Aki replied, then he leaned forward and place his forehead on mine. All thoughts stopped when he did that.

     "The temperature has went down. You'll be fine tomorrow. "He smiled as he reached for the medicine and hands them to me.

      "Kiera, what's wrong? Your face is all red. "He questioned.

      "It's nothing! "I was extremely flustered that I quickly swallowed the medicine in one go to hide it. As results, I choked on it.

      "Jeez, careful. "He said as he hands me some water, then he rubs my back as I drank from the glass. I sighed in relief once I'm done, he chuckled as he watches. I stared at him, the thing with Strega came back in my mind.

      "........ Aki, if one day, you must choose a side, like a normal life as a normal high school student and a dangerous life as a persona user. Which will you choose? "I asked him.

     "What makes you ask that? "He questioned.

      "Just hypothetically speaking. "

     "......... Well, to be honest, I can't choose. Both worlds is what makes me, me. Don't you agree? "He asked with a smile.

     "Even if that dangerous life makes other people think that you're not normal? "

     "Define, not normal. "

      "....... Like a monster? "

      "......... Well, hypothetically speaking, I guess I can't turn my back away again. There are people out there who needs someone like me, I can't just turn away when their life is in danger. I don't really have a choice. "I lower down my head as I listened to his answer. Don't have a choice huh?

      "What about you? Which will you choose? "He questioned. I stared at him before I laughed a bit.

      "I can't.......... Both means too much to me. Maybe one day........ I will. But, not now, I guess. "

      "It's okay. It's a tough question after all. We're ending the dark hour after all, maybe we will live a normal life without a second choice. But it's for the best, for everyone. "

      "For........everyone. "I repeated his words without knowing, for some reasons, I feel sleepy.

      "Looks like the medicine is acting up. Come on, go to bed. "Aki said as he tucked me into bed.

     "........ Hey, Aki. "I called when he's about to leave the room.

      "Yes? "

      "Thanks.........for always taking care of me. "I thanked him sincerely. He paused for a bit, my best guess was that he was startled by what I've said.

      "Anytime. "He chuckled as faint blushes appeared on his face as he scratches his head awkwardly. Finally, he left the room to let me rest. I smiled as I closed my eyes. I'm glad that I was able to say it..........

Strega, SEES, who are you?

I ignored the voice in my head and went to sleep. God....... Please don't make me choose.