Chapter 36

September came faster than I expected, the fact that my body is weakening fast can no longer be ignored. The days that I depend on drugs increased, if I didn't take them, don't say that I can't fight anymore, I can't even get off the bed.

"Those drugs are killing you faster than the supressants and you know it! I'm not giving you anymore! "Jin scolded from the phone.

"Just one more month, then I won't need them anymore. "I begged.

"Are you trying to kill yourself faster?!"

"I'm not........ I just don't want them to find out. It's just one more month, I promise. "

"........ Until October, I'm not giving you after that. "He said before he hung up. I signed as I put away my phone, then I picked up my same old twin blades. It has gotten heavier, I wonder if I can swing it perfectly tomorrow night. With a sigh, I went downstairs for a cold drink.

"Anyone wants to walk Koro with me tonight? "Yuki questioned with the dog leash in his hand and Koromaru barking eagerly at the door. I glance at the clock, it's still early, so why not?

"Don't run off too far okay, Koro-chan? "I said to him when we arrived at Naganaki Shrine.

"Woof! "He barked happily with his tongue out and tail wagging before he went on running on it's own. I smiled as I watched him play around, full of energy, full of life.

"Do you want to sit here? "Yuki asked as he sat down on the bench.

"Sure. "I replied as I sat down beside him.

"Are you feeling alright, Kiera? "He asked.

"What do you mean? "I questioned. I'm sure that I'm not showing any weakness in front of them.

"About what happened that night. I don't know what happened, but I won't ask if you don't want me to. Akihiko sempai would've killed me if I did. "He shrugged.

"Thanks, sempai. I was hoping that no one would ask me about it. I don't really want to lie. "I said as I fiddle with my hair unconsciously.

"....... I see....... Do you feel left out sometimes? "

"In what way? "

"That I don't bring you with me to Tartarus or any full moon operation. "I was suprised to hear that, I've once again discovered a new side of him.

"Sometimes, but I know you have your reasons. Besides, I completely understands. I can't be as strong as a persona user, the night I got shot by the reaper just proves it. I'll just be a burden if I follow. So, don't worry that I'll get left out, sempai. The fact that everyone came back safe is more important to me. "I smiled cheerfully for him. He was suprised to hear that, then he responded with a smile of his own.

"Woof! "I turned my head and saw Koro running back to us. Looks like he's done.

"Wanna go home Koro-chan? "I asked him. He barked happily as an answer. I petted his head gently before standing up, feeling a bit dizzy but I brushed it aside, I'm used to it by now. Yuki and I talked a bit more before we returned to the dorm together with Koromaru leading the way. I fixed my gaze at the flowers place beside the shrine before we left. Flowers for the priest who passed away........ Will there be some for me when it's time?
************************************
Sitting alone at the second floor's gather area, Akihiko still struggling with the equation that Kiera came up for him. He just couldn't figure out what it meant, this is difficult.

"........ I wonder how big is this secret is to her. "He mumbled softly, recalling what Kiera once told him about the difficulty of the riddles are associated with how much it affects her mental state. Will this trigger her mental breakdown? Is he even suppposed to know about it? Does Shinji knows?