Chapter 23

"Sorry, I'll pay you back soon. "I apologized as I walked around the mall with a paper bag in my arms. I found a nice yukata, but it's too expensive for me to afford, yet Mitsuru insisted that she pay for it.

      "No need to worry, I can fully understand your financial condition. Besides, it's really not that expensive, it's the standard price of a yukata. It's the same price with Takeba's and Yamagishi's isn't it? "Mitsuru questioned.

      "But........ You're already paying for Aigis's dress. "I stated.

      "One more wouldn't make a difference. Just think of it as your reward for always working hard. "Mitsuru chuckled.

      "I didn't mean to pry, but how bad is your financial state? "Aigis questioned.

      "Her scholarship paid for all her school expenses. Yet it's still not enough for her daily life. She will do part time jobs to cover her daily expenses. "Mitsuru said to her.

       "Life must be tough. "Fuuka said as she looked at me.

       "What kind of part time jobs you do, Kiera? I never seen you gone out for part time jobs. "Yukari is curious.

       "Well, I wrote essays for newspapers. Thanks to Mitsuru sempai, they pays a bit more than usual. But I'll still go for other part times if it can't cover. "I said to her with a smile.

       "Like what? "Fuuka questioned.

       "I never knew about her financial state until I saw her dressing up like a maid in a cafe. "Mitsuru chuckled as she said.

      "Sempai! You promised me not to tell anyone! "I shouted at her out of embarrassment. Everyone else laughed and enjoyed the care free moment together.

     "I'll go for a toilet break, you guys wanna go with me? "Yukari questioned when stopped in front of the toilet.

      "I'll go to. "Fuuka said ad she followed.

      "I'll go as well. Aigis, stay with Kiera okay? "Mitsuru said before she followed the two, leaving the bags and Aigis to me. Not long after that, I noticed that Aigis for some reason had her eyes glued on a certain display window of toys nearby. I tried my best to hold in the giggles as she's like a small kid.

      "You can go there to check it out if you want, I'll watch the bags. "I said to her.

     "Mitsuru ordered me to stay by your side. "She replied.

     "Aigis, that's not an order. She just don't want anyone go missing after she walked out. You're still within my eye sight, so I don't see why not. "I smiled as I said to her. She thought for a while.

      "Very well, then see you later, pal. "She said in a weird tone before she made a small jog towards the window. I giggled, looks like Junpei taught her something weird again. Even so, it's surprisingly relaxing just by watching her acting like a kid. She had eternal life but I...........

       "Jeez, what's wrong with me these days. "I sighed as I reached for the pills. I first finds it weird why does this one had to be taken regularly at a specific time, when I questioned my doctor about it, she says that it's a new kind of pills she created, more efficient she told me. I didn't believe it at first, but I can't deny the fact I didn't feel pain and tightness in my chest since I started taking it. I even consumed lesser pills than before......... I really wish that she created these a few years earlier. Perhaps I might have a longer time then.

I swallowed one with water, I'm no longer afraid of being seen for now as I can pass it out as my medicine. It hasn't really been long since my recovery from the cold after all.