Chapter 4

I found myself in a white room, lightheaded and my body heavy. The sounds of machine came from both sides on the bed that I laid on, it's like they're keeping track on whether I'm still alive. I heard voices, voices of grown men in white, it seems like they're discussing about me, yet I couldn't make it out what they're saying. Suddenly, a man walked towards me, he held a syringe on his hand. I didn't know what it is, but I know for sure that it's not something that he should be giving me. I struggled to break free but I found my body strapped down onto the bed, unable to move. As the man came forward, I screamed for help, hoping that someone would save from this terrible.

"No! "I jumped out of the bed as soon as I found out that I'm not strapped onto the bed. I ended up felling off the bed face first. I checked my surroundings, sweating and panting like I've just finished a Marathon. I sighed in relief when I found out that I was in my room, it's just a nightmare.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, causing me having difficulties with breathing. I gripped onto my shirt on top of my chest, trying to relief some pain out of it, gasping for air. If normal people sees it, they'll probably think that I have a heart attack. Well, they're not completely wrong about that. I crawled to the desk and pulled out the drawer, then I quickly grabbed the pills from a container and shallow it. After that, I leaned onto the leg of the desk, relaxed a bit as the pain subsidies.

I can't summon a persona, but it doesn't mean that I don't have one. From what I've heard, it's not completed, that's why it's unable to take form outside my body. Yet, it damages my body on the insides. Compare to Strega who takes the same suppressants, I'm mostly just gained this useless power for nothing. I can't even use its power, yet I still have to take suppressants so that it wouldn't kill me instantly. What did I do to deserve this?

"Kiera, you okay? I heard a loud noise."Someone knocked the door and asked. I was surprised to hear Yukari's voice at the door.

"I'm okay, Takeba sempai. Just have a bad dream and fell off my bed. "I brushed it off with a laugh.

"If you say so. It's almost time for school, do you want to go with me? "She asked.

"It's okay, I haven't even dressed. "I said to her, don't want her to be late because of me.

"....... Okay, see you at school. "After that, it was quiet outside. I guess everyone has already went for school. I was quiet for a while, staring at the floor as I curled myself into a ball. The nightmare kept on playing in my head. My body starts to shake without me realizing. That's definitely a memory I don't want to recall. I reached for a notebook and wrote everything down to get it off my head, but no matter how many pages I fill, it's struck in my head. I can't go to school......... Not like this.

I reached for my cellphone and dialed a certain number as I know that he wouldn't be in school too.

"What do you want? "Those were his first words as soon as he picked up the phone. He sounds irritated.

"...... Shinji, can we talk? "I asked him. He was quiet for a while.

"I'll meet you at the outskirts of Port Island Station. Police don't patrol there. "He said to me before he hung up. I guess he figured out that I wanted to skip school today. I put on a hoody and a pair of jeans so that no one could recognize me.

"Kiera? Where are you going? "I flinched when I heard Aki's voice at the lounge. I subconsciously griped onto my left arm, desperately trying to think of an excuse. I turned around to face him, he was coming down the stairs fixing his ribbon. I never thought that he'll be running late at this hour. I watched him as he walked towards me, then he scanned me from head to toe, probably trying to figure out why I'm not in my uniform.