Chapter 69

"..... How are things here, Akihiko? "Mitsuru questioned. She had just returned from her family house after her father's funeral. Even so, she could tell that they haven't recover from the incident just as much as time passed.

      "Well, at least we're going into Tartarus again. Yuki still have social problems though. I guess the incident did quite an impact on him. Still, I heard that he made a new friend and he's slowly coming out from that zone. So, he'll be fine. "

     "I see....... Sorry for having you shouldering all the responsibilities as the leader while I'm gone. "

     "It's alright. I'm still one of the eldest here. Besides, I gives me something to do. "Akihiko shrugged. Being the pillar to supports SEES is tough, still he managed.

      "......... Have you contacted Aragaki Haoto? "Akihiko flinched when Mitsuru questioned him. He remain silence for a while before he shook his head.

     "I don't trust someone who sold his own daughter. Shinji also never told me about him, I'm sure that he has a good reason for it." He stated.

     "........ Figures. But that's not why I gave you his contact number in the first place. "Mitsuru shrugged.

     "Then, what is it for? "

    "No matter what, he's still her father. It may be inhuman for me to say, but Kiera's organs are barely holding up on their own. I thought, in case of an emergency, we have access to a compatible donor. Of course, only the parts which wouldn't kill him like part of the liver, bone marrow or kidney........"

      "It's alright, Mitsuru. I understand........ Still, I highly doubt he would do it anyways, it's better to give up on that thought. Akihiko sighed. He knows that it's a fruitless thought.

      ".......... Yes, I'm apologies. "Mitsuru looked away.

     "Don't be. It's natural to have such thoughts. Let's leave, Kiera for now, how are you doing? "Mitsuru visibly flinched when he questioned her. Although she didn't give him a response, he already had his answer.

      "......... I heard you didn't want to go to the school trip. "Akihiko changed the topic.

      "........ I didn't want to spoil the mood. What about you? "Mitsuru questioned. She also heard that Akihiko didn't want to go either.

      ".......... Someone has to stay here, in case anything happens to her. "Akihiko slumped back onto his seat, feeling tired all of a sudden. It's no surprise for him, he haven't been sleeping well recently. In addition with heavy school work, club activities, entrance exams, visiting Kiera in the hospital and Tartarus. He's exhausted, yet he didn't say anything about it, he didn't want to.

Mitsuru noticed his discomfort, she knew why and that made her guilty. She made a decision, he needs to know.

      "......... Akihiko, there's something you need to know. "She began.

     "Hmm? What is it? "

     "About Kiera-"

     "Sempai! "Mitsuru was cut off with Fuuka slamming the door open with the juniors behind her. She has her phone by her ear and tears in her eyes, her voice is extremely shaky, anyone could tell that she's panicking. Akihiko jumped out of the couch, he had a terrible feeling about it.

      "Kiera....... Kiera-chan is..... "Before Fuuka could finish her sentence, Akihiko dashed out the door.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
A middle aged man sat alone in the bar, drowning in sorrows and despair. He stared at the family photo in his hand, but he eventually crushed it and ripped it into shreds.