Chapter 11

I sat up from the bed and hung my head low. I dreamt about something unpleasant again. Since there's nothing else to do, I tried to take a nap but I kept on seeing things that I don't like. I checked the time, school's over but they won't come back just yet, usually they would hang out somewhere with their friends or maybe have dinner before coming home. I head out since I'm hungry, I've completely skipped lunch.

When I walked through the enpty lounge, the door bursted opened, it startled me. I was shocked to see Aki standing by the door gasping for air like he has been running for a while. Main thing is, he should be having club activities today, why is he here?

      "Aki? Why are you....... "He pulled me into his gasp before I could even finish asking, holding me in between his arms. I could feel my heart thundering against my chest, my cheeks burning up in the process.

     "....... You alright? "He asked. I quickly nod my head.

     "....... Don't hide something like that from me again. "

     "...... Okay. "A smile slowly appeared on my face, it feel nice. Maybe, this isn't just as bad as it looks. He pulled back just in time before the others joined us. They look like they have just ran a Marathon. Did they......do this for me?

     "Kiera, you idiot! Why didn't you say anything? "Yukari pounced onto me and started sobbing. I didn't know how to react, it's the first time that she showed any affection towards me. Fuuka too joined her. I was in between two sobbing girls before I know it myself.

      "Don't worry, the case have been taken off. About that magazine, it can be erased by pulling a few strings. I'll make sure that it wouldn't affect your future. "Mitsuru reassured.

      "....... You haven't eaten anything yet right? Wanna go out and eat? My treat, as an apology. "Junpei offered.

     "Oh, Junpei's treating. Don't mind if I do. Let's go get ramen."Aki said.

     "I want the specials! "Yukari shouted with her arm hooked on my shoulders.

     "Me too. "Fuuka said.

     "Hey, wait! I didn't say that I'll treat all of you! "Junpei started to panic.

     "I thank you, Iori. On behalf of Kiera and the team. "Mitsuru smirked.

     "Senpai! Not you too!........ Oh man! I'm going to be so broke this month. "Junpei gave up the fight and accepted the fact that he's treating everyone.

     "Kiera-chan? "Fuuka looked at me with concern. That's when I noticed that tears are rolling down from my face. Strange, I don't feel sad at all. But it feels so warm on the inside.

      "....... I love you guys so much. "I said with a soft smile as I made the effort to stop crying. All eyes were on me for a while, then they replied the smile and we all went for Hagakure.

***

      "The beach? "I questioned and stopped eating for a while. Junpei was depressed as he continued to finish his bowl, constantly checking on his wallet and yelling at Yuki and Aki to stop eating that much as they have already have their second bowls. Yukari and Fuuka chattered among themselves while I talked with Mitsuru.

      "Yes. We decided to have a vacation to Yakushima after the exams. "Mitsuru said as she tried to figure out how to eat her ramen in the correct way.

      "Why didn't you guys tell me about it? "I asked as she told me they they have decided for quite a while. Are they not considering to bring me along until now?

      "You seems depressed recently. I wasn't sure whether I can make proper arrangements for the trip until today. We decided to tell you once we're able to confirm that we're able to go. We don't want to disappoint you if we can't go. "She explained.

      "....... You guys noticed? "I asked with my head low.

     "Akihiko was the first to notice. He says that you didn't seem like yourself. But, we didn't ask you about it because you seems to avoid the question a lot. I thought that you needed some alone time. That's wrong of me to make such assumptions. "

     "It's alright, Mitsuru sempai. I was depressed for a while and I thought that I was a burden. I didn't want to trouble any of you further. "

     "Kiera, you're not...... "

     "I know........ Fuuka sempai told me. I just don't believe it until now. "I smiled as I peeked at Fuuka.

     "........ I'm glad that you've thought it through. "Mitsuru chuckled.

     "So........ I've been wanting to ask...... "I said to her, embarrassed on what I'm about to ask.

     "Yes? "She's curious.

    "Erm....... What do you do in a beach? "I asked softly, lowering my head more to hide my embarrassment.

     "Eh? Kiera, you never been a beach before? "Suddenly, Yukari hugged me from behind and place her hands on my head like I'm her little sister or something like that. It's not a bad feeling though.

      "....... No. "I answered honestly.

     "Well, first you'll some swimsuit. "She said as she was giving advice.

     "Does......the one I used in school counts? "I asked.

     "That can't do, Kiera. We girls have to look pretty at times like this. "She continued, looking proud for some reasons.

     "But...... That's the only one I had. "

     "Then, do you want to go shop for a swimsuit with us this weekend? "Fuuka asked.

     "Shopping? "I asked.

     "Yeah! What do you prefer more? Two piece or one? "Yukari seems excited. Us girls continued to joke around.

Suddenly, I noticed Aki's eyes on me. He had a soft smile on his face, relieved that I was finally back to normal. I can't help but to smile back. He always manage to give me a new reason to fell in love with him again. That's when I set a new goal for myself. I'll start over, this time, I'll make sure that we're really dating each other.

Having all of them beside me, had made me forgotten that I was never meant to live long.

***

     "In other words, all you need is being surrounded by them and you recover? "Chidori asked coldly through the phone.

     "They are the best! You should try to have friends too. Or maybe...... Get yourself a boyfriend! "I started throwing random things onto like I used to while rolling around on my bed.

     "I've told you that I don't want to be attached to life........ Jin, wants to talk to you. "She said, then Jin's voice took over.

     "I'll ask you again, why do SEES hunt shadows? "He sounded serious. It frightened me until I dropped the cheerful tone.

      "....... We hunt shadows so that they wouldn't target innocent people. "I told him the answer.

      "Just for that? "

      "That's all I know for now."

      "You're not lying? "

      "Jin, don't you trust me? "I was a little hurt. What's wrong with him? He was quiet for a while, then he returned the phone to Chidori without a word.

      "Chidori, did something happened? "I questioned, feeling very concerned about Jin's attitude.

      "Who knows? He'll be fine. "She doesn't seem to care.

      "Are you sure? I'm still worry. "

      "Just continue on your own life. "She hung up.

      "Chidori! Wait! "I stared at the phone in my hand. Feeling extremely uneasy in my heart.