Chapter 74

On the day of the school trip...

".......You really sure that you're alright? "Akihiko asked for one last time. If she says no, he'll stay behind without a second thought.

"Yep...... "Haruna smiled as she waved with the rabbit doll's hand.

"Don't worry Akihiko-san. Koromaru and I will watch her. "Ken reassured.

It took a lot of reasoning and persuading, but Akihiko was finally convinced to go on the trip. Still, Haruna plays a huge part in that effort.

Apparently, she heard a rumor that a certain temple in Kyoto was very spiritual. A rumor that you'll hear someone dear to you whispers their blessings if you present something they own to the God there.

Haruna's memories were broken pieces, but she remembered her brother and constantly looking for him as if she didn't know that he couldn't see her again. So, wanting to see him again, Haruna handed Akihiko the broken watch that Shinji gave her, asking him to present it to the Gods there.

Refusing may lead to her learning about Shinji's death and he couldn't say no to her, so he agreed since that shrine was one of the destinations of his trip.

"Yo, sempai! We're leaving! "Junpei called.

"Ah, coming," Akihiko responded, then he bends down and grabbed his bag. He looked at Haruna before embraced her.

"I'll be going then. "He whispered. Haruna returned the hug with a goofy smile.

With a soft smile, he ruffled Haruna's hair and joined the others on the train.

"Safe.......trip....... "As the train started to disappear from sight, two whispers escaped from Haruna's lips as she smiled.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Within a cafe, a ragged man sat nervously as he waited for his guest. The dark bag hung underneath his eyes, his face as pale as white sheets, his clothes baggy and worn. The other customers couldn't help but send some disgusted look at him but he didn't care, he has many important matters to attend to.

Eventually, a man in suits stepped into the cafe. It didn't take him long to locate his client.

"Greetings, Mr Aragaki. "The man stated as he sat down.

"How is it? "Aragaki asked the detective he hired anxiously.

"It took a while, but I managed to track down your daughter. "The detective stated as he handed Aragaki the documents. Aragaki quickly opened them and went through them one by one, line by line. The detective took this chance to explain his findings.

"I couldn't find much about her before she returned to the island during spring. Probably the handiwork of the Kirijou group since she's quite close to the heiress. Still, I couldn't find much about their relationship and why the heiress is going to such lengths for her. Still, there are still some holes and I managed to track her. "The detective explained as he ordered himself a cup of coffee.

"She's quite a delinquent in school. Rumors of her dating three boys at the same time the moment she got there and trying to get herself the fourth. She also skips school often, the reason that the Kirijou heiress gave was that she got sick and injured but many believed that it's not true. I too found some records that she was consuming illegal drugs, but I couldn't find more thanks to Kirijou's cover-up. About a month ago, she was emitted to the hospital in critical condition. I deduct that the drugs finally got the best of her. With her bad reputation and the fact that she had stolen from the faculty, she was expelled and currently under the care of Mitsuru Kirijou and her fourth boyfriend, Akihiko Sanada who coincidentally was the friend of your deceased son, Shinjirou Aragaki. I don't have any evidence, but I heard rumors that she was also responsible for your son's death. "The detective stated.