chapter 1 (edited)

As you traversed through the dense woods, your hands busily gathering leaves and sticks for your daily needs, you suddenly encountered a formidable obstacle in your path-a massive tree root blocking your way. Letting out a heavy sigh of frustration, you rubbed your temples.

"Another root of a tree blocking my way," you huffed, resigning yourself to the task of overcoming yet another natural barrier. With determination, you approached the root, placing your palms on its surface and carefully scaling it until you reached the top. With a confident leap, you landed on the ground on the other side, shaking off the dirt and debris before continuing on your journey.

As you ventured deeper into the forest, your senses were overwhelmed by the serene beauty surrounding you-the towering trees, the gentle rustle of leaves, and the crisp cold breeze against your skin. Your (h/c) hair danced in the wind as you reveled in the tranquility of nature, momentarily forgetting the perils that lurked beyond the safety of the trees.

However, your moment of peace was shattered by the ominous sound emanating from the hoofbeats of approaching horses, sending a jolt of fear coursing through your veins. Reacting swiftly, you dashed towards a large hole at the base of a tree trunk, seeking refuge within its dark confines. As the sound of the horses grew louder, you huddled inside the hollow, your heart pounding in your chest as you braced yourself for the imminent danger.

Peeking cautiously from your hiding place, you watched as the colossal form of a horse thundered past, its massive size dwarfing your own small stature. Your gaze then shifted to the riders-men clad in thick armor, their cold expressions betraying their formidable presence. These were the giants, the enforcers of the royal palace, known for their ruthless pursuit of power and their disregard for the lives of those beneath them.

Having narrowly escaped the clutches of these deadly creatures in the past, you now lived a quiet existence, far from the dangers of their domain. Yet, your curiosity about the possibility of finding others like yourself fueled your determination to continue living, despite the ever-present threat of the giants looming over your world.

Once you were certain that the giants had passed and the coast was clear, you emerged from your hiding place, resuming your journey with a renewed sense of hope. Determined to find others of your kind, you pressed on through the forest, each step bringing you closer to your goal. However, as the distance stretched on, fatigue began to set in, prompting you to seek out a faster means of traversing the vast expanse of wilderness that lay before you.

Suddenly, an idea sparked in your mind-a clever solution to your dilemma. Scanning your surroundings, you searched for any sign of birds, knowing that their language was one you were fluent in and could easily communicate with. With a high-pitched call that mimicked the chirping of small birds, you beckoned to them, hoping for a willing companion to aid you on your journey.

To your delight, a magnificent Myna responded to your call, swooping down to land gracefully at your feet. With a wide smile, you reached out to ruffle its soft feathers, the bird chirping happily in response to your affection.

"You're so beautiful, can I have a ride with you?" you exclaimed excitedly, your voice filled with anticipation.

The pretty Myna nodded its head in agreement, seeming pleased to accept your request. With heartfelt gratitude, you bowed repeatedly before climbing onto its back, signaling for the bird to take flight. As the Myna spread its wings and soared into the sky, you felt a rush of exhilaration wash over you, the wind whipping against your face as you soared through the air.