Chapter 45

"General Hoseok!" a soldier screams out while running towards Hoseok's combat space. Hoseok stops his fight and looks at the painting male.

"What's wrong?" he asks place his sword back to the scabbard.

"General, there is chaos happening in the human labour division,"

Hoseok stops fixing his sleeves and squints his eyes at the soldier. 

"What chaos?"

"The human girl! She is being whipped to death by the orders of the King," he breathes out.

Hoseok instantly gets up with a horrified face and makes a sudden run to the underground division.  He pushes off the other giants from his way and storms through the pathway down the dark stairs, and into the tunnel leading to the mining area.

He pauses his steps once he reaches there and looks around to catch a glimpse of you but soon his eyes catch few human crowd surrounding at a place near to the cart section. He runs there which indeed makes the other humans rush off in fear from the scene.

His eyes was met with you lying on the blood pooled ground as your clothes are torn with fresh wounds and blood are leaking from the various parts of your body fighting for your last seconds of life. He breaks down on the ground and scoops your blood-drenched unconscious body on his palms and storms away from the place.

"Inform the royal physician and arrest every soldier who is supposed to be monitoring here today," he yells out in pure rage before rushing out of the mining area.

The guards under Hoseok's command arrest every soldier's present division and take them straight to the dungeon. 

_________________________________________

Hoseok's hand trembles as slow panic build up inside him, fearing for your life. He didn't believe that his King had ordered to perform such tedious punishment to you. If Taehyung wanted to harm you then he would have done it long before. Someone definitely has had an upper hand in this and he will find out the snake soon.

Once he reaches the nursery room, he places you on the huge bed, staining the white sheet with your blood. Hoseok presses his thumb on your forehead to stop the excess leakage of blood. The physician brings a leaf and smashes it. He brings out some clothe and he comes near your bed.

"I have never treated a human ever in my life. I don't know if it will work on her but let's hope," he says as he uses his magnifying glass and steadily looks at your wounds. Hoseok pulls off his fingers from your body. The physician squeezes the leaf as its liquid drops on your fresh wound. Your body flinches from the sudden pain due to the medicine that is being sprinkled over your body.

"Please be okay. Please be okay," Hoseok murmurs while his heartbeat quickens its pace. His eyes watered at the sight of you lying half dead on the bed. Never in his life had he ever wished to see you in such a position.

The doctor waits for the result and once he notices the stoppage of blood leakage, He sighs in relief which tells that the medicine is indeed working on you. He applies the salve on your wounds and bandages your injuries for further healing. He also prepared some pills and broke them into pieces. He takes the tiny portion of the pill and makes you swallow it whole.  The giant checks for your pulse and notices your steady heartbeat.

"She is fine as of now. Make sure to feed her with protein food. Leafy vegetables and nuts would be good for her and try to add some honey for her smooth digestion," The physician informs him to which Hoseok nods in acknowledgment. 

"Does the King know about this yet?" the doctor squinted his eyes while inquiring about the information as he was afraid of the wrath of the King if he got to know about him helping a human.