chapter 37

"Are you sure this is the place?" Taehyung asks the man beside him whose concentration is maintained on the blank space of trees before him.

"It's just trees and an empty pathway. How is this one is the entrance?"

"They have put a protection barrier which is only visible to us wizards. Hmp Yoongi is smart but not than me" the wizard proudly smirked before swiping his fingers of red flame unleashing the hidden entry to the wizard territory.

"I'm proud of you Ha Joon," Taehyung smiles in victory as he bumps his hand on Ha Joon's shoulder with a proud remark.

"Attack!" Taehyung pulls out his sword and points it at the entry of wizards.

The male soldiers yank the horse and march towards their target.

"Alert the commander!" Yells a wizard who stayed above as a guardian on the tree and threw a flash of green flames throwing some soldiers on the ground as their horses crash on their way while the rest of the crowd marched forward.

Taehyung's eyebrows frowned as he eyed the wizard with hatred. He pulled out his pilum and aimed it at the wizard who did his best to remove the intruders entering inside the territory.

Taehyung threw it with his strength as it travels through trees and strikes at the wizard's left chest, stabbing his heart. The wizards groans as he squeezed his eyes shut before falling on the ground.

"That was easy," Ha Joon speaks to which Taehyung doesn't respond as if he has gotten used to this.

"Once we capture the place the wizard land is mine," Ha Joon sternly says to which Taehyung smirks.

"Win it by killing your brother and it's yours Min Ha Joon,"

______________________________________

The witch's return back to their dorms after hours of practising but sudden roar of hump sounds rang through their ears as the the howl of their Guardian wizard.

"Danger! Alert other wizards and witches!"

The wizards immediately line up and ready their at most weapons to eliminate the enemy that is invading their land.

"inform our lead," One of the witches tells her fellow mate and she nods her head and teleports out of the place.

The clash of swords and the blaze of magic flames pierce each other, the more they eliminate the giants the more they come bbehind couplef of giants use their arrows and aim them before releasing them together and killing the wizards. Taehyung's horse marches through the other giants as he swings his sword and slashes the powerful witch.

His eyes scan through the chaos searching for one thing. You.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Too cute," you giggle as the fae climbs on your shoulder and smoothly rubs against your neck.

"It's time to return," Ara says and stands up.

You nod your head with a sad smile. The thought of going back to the caged place brings you sadness.

"Don't worry y/n. We will come here-"

Ara immediately pushes you behind her the moment she hears the sound of a howl from the guardian wizard.

"Arina!" she shrieks as her eyes begin to tremble.

The Fae scream in fear as they fly back to their hiding behind the bushes and the cloud covers the sun bringing up the breezy wind.

Arina rushes beside your side and holds you still.

"What happened?" you ask after witnessing the horrified expression of the fairies.

"Someone has invaded our place," Ara informs as she gulps down with her pale face and trembling body.

"The giants," Arina whispers as your face becomes horrid the moment you hear the word giants.

"They are here," Arina gasps as she looks at the surroundings as if she can sense some presence behind her.

The sound of the heavy boots rings through your ears as the ground below you vibrates. Your breath gets caught up as you struggle to breathe fearing that the little energy you show will be caught.  You instantly turn around and lock your eyes with the person standing big before you.

Jung Hoseok.

"Mr General" your small voice gets easily caught by Hoseok who looks at you with coldness. The warmth you felt from him before could not be seen at all. You suddenly felt so scared of him even though he was the person who helped you escape. He felt like a total stranger to you.

"what are you doing here?" you managed to get some words as you slowly studied his cold face.

Ara and Arina stand before you protecting you from the giant before them even though they hold inner fear.

Hoseok bends down to grab you but his hand is fisted away by the two fairies who threw their most powerful spell on him.

"stay away Giant!" they yell in Union making Hoseok sigh.

Ara and Arina grab your arm and try to fly away but Hoseok catches their wings and pulls them hard on the ground yanking their wings from their body.

"No!" you scream

The fairies cry in pain as they lose their grip on your arm.

You land on the ground harshly breaking some of your bones and the fairies lay flat on the rock with their bloodied wingless back. Tears wail in your eyes as you look at the fairies who scream in pain and hurt from the loss of their precious wings.

"No!' Ara sutters in their Hoarse voice.

"What's wrong with you?" you helplessly scream out as the tears flow unconditionally.

"Nothing is wrong with me," his ice-cold voice shocks you as your mouth parts and your eyes go wide.

"I'm just being a Giant, that is to be cruel when you have to be,"

His words shock and frighten you wondering how can one nice and warm person can become cruel just in a few months. You trusted a giant who is known to be manipulative, cruel and cunning.

Hoseok bends below and grabs your body and puts you back in the cage and he picks up the wailing fairies and throws them in the bag to present it to the king.

"I will gift you to the King and  he will reward me soon,"

Your lifeless body stares at him with no soul as you lie still in the rusted cage.

____________________

Update