Chapter 40

"What was that?" Jimin asks as he looks up at a huge wave of a blue-coloured explosion at a further distance away from his hiding.

Namjoon steps out and looks at the explosive wave which stirred the branches of trees. His horrified eyes confirmed something to Jimin. Some horrible thing has indeed happened there.

"T-That's Yoongi's energy. It's his self-destructive energy. The most powerful power he could possess,"

Jimin gaps at Namjoon's words as he looks back at the sight of a dying explosion.

"don't tell me that he could die," Jimin's voice quivered with uncertainty as he tried to pick up the current scenario. 

"he will die for sure," Namjoon's low voice made Jimin gulp down in sadness.   Even though he never liked Yoongi still getting their land stolen and destroying their soldiers and people is not a pleasant sight to witness.

"I feel sorry for him-"

"it's not your fault then why do you feel sorry for him?" Namjoon asks him as his dragon eyes look at the small male before him.

"You won't understand that Namjoon because I know what it feels like to helplessly watch your people die in front of you. You would feel the urge to do anything just to get them safe and secure, even if it means sacrificing yourself in the process,"

Namjoon's cold gaze softens a bit after listening to Jimin's words.

He gulps down as he thinks about his past, him being a coward and watching his parents and his love die, unable to help his friend in at most danger and running for his life from his brother. He scoffed at himself for being afraid of everything unlike Yoongi.

"rest in peace Yoongi," he whispers as a drop of tear escapes from his eye.

Soon after some time the crowd of guards began to March back to their kingdom passing by the hiding of Namjoon and Jimin.

Jimin gulps down in fear as he looks at the steady and cold giants who walked with their at most pride while trying to push the captured wizards and witches to walk forward. Jimin saw how their hands were restrained with iron chains and blood stains covering most of their torn clothes filled with bruises, cuts, and stabs. Few were dead and few were fighting for their lives. His fingers clenched tight around his palms as his fire held hatred towards these giants. Suddenly the next view breaks his heart and shatters his mind with peak radiating anger coating his face.

You were imprisoned in a cage, you looked like a shattered lifeless doll who had no hope in life. His heart broke at the sight of your broken face. He knew how glamorous and enthusiastic you were in this past journey with you but never in his life, he saw you in such a shattered state.

"y/n-"

Namjoon shut his mouth with his small finger as he glared at the human. Namjoon shook his head in warning alarmed not to catch the attention of the giants. Jimin scowled as he bite his finger making Namjoon to withdraw his finger back with a hiss of pain.

Jimin's hateful glare towards Namjoon concluded that he hated him and his spices.

Namjoon looked back at the sight of you, his heartbeat increased its pace feeling the underlined panic rush through his veins. His body shuddered at his cowardly acts from not being able to help you from the cruelty of his people.

I'm sorry y/n but I will make sure to bring you back alive and safe.

________________________________________

Hoseok's grip around your cage tightened as he maintained his head upright and walked forward. Your eyes nervously wandered around the dark tunnel as it led to many secret rooms and another pathway. You could screams of people from the torture they experience and howl of animals locked inside the cages. Your heartbeat raises its pace as your anxiety increases gradually as you are led deeper into the tunnel. 

Your eyes pass through many cells where they shut other giants and creatures unknown to you. All of their predator's eyes stare at you with intensity as you pass by their lockups. Your body shivered at this horrible place soon after some time Hoseok halted his steps and whispered something to the giant standing at an entrance which seemed to lead into an underground mining area as the sound of metals and machines was ringing through your ears.

The other giant to whom Hoseok whispered looks at you with his intimidating gaze as if he has high experience with dealing with humans like you.

Hoseok hands your cage go the big giant and nods his head. He takes a one last look at you before leaving the dungeon pathway. You nervously watch his departure as if you are an abandoned child. You teared eyes meet the creepy man who is chuckling at your helpless state.

"Don't worry King's pet, you shall find people like you and you will be allowed with your work," he smirks as if he knows what kind of horrible work you have to go through.

Your eyes look at the humans being mistreated, beaten and starved. It seemed like they are working for hours without any proper shoes or gloves to protect their body from the rocks and mining area. Your teared eyes watch some human's bone lying on one corner of the place and some chewed flesh being spit on the floor. You looked away not wanting to see such horrible treatment. 

"everyone!" the giant yells catching the attention of other giants who are placed for guarding and monitoring of the work done by human slaves.

"We have a new prisoner more likely the golden one who caught the attention of our King, The only human who lived a ravishing life inside our castle," he laughs as his minions followers are laugh in union at your misery.  You look down in shame from the humiliation you are going through. The other human looks at you with sadness and some with envy for living a ravishing life under the king while they are here suffering for their daily food.

"but luck never stands beside us, isn't it? She is here as our slave and let's teach her how we treat our slaves?" he grins widely while his creepy eyes stare at you.

Your eyes tremble at the thoughts in their mind as you already know the massive hate they proclaimed towards you for being the King's favourite and now they won't stop at anything to make you suffer the hell.

________________________________________

I know I demanded too much votes 😅 here is the update for your hard work.

110 votes for the next chapter