Chapter 43

After your hectic work, you go to the comman area washing room. You grabbed mug and fill it with water. You placed the mug on the steel counter, you dipped your hands in it and scooped water in your hands, and sprinkled it over your face. Once you wash your face, you walk out of the washroom but are soon startled by the giant squinting his eyes on you.

You lowered your head and ran away to the dorm allocated to you. After all, you have finished your work properly in the allocated time and your shift is over as per the rules. You lay on the dirty mat laid on the dry ground, taking some deep breaths. Once you feel better you spring out of the mat and make your way toward the secret passage three as informed by Lisa.

As you slowly walked around trying to find the place, you unknowingly bumped your back with another person.

"Omg! I'm so sorry," you gasped and jumped around by covering your mouth mumbling sorry to the man.

The boy shook his head at your nervous face.

"No, don't worry it's fine," he smiled.

He looked so cute with the smile that your cheeks turned red and you stared at him for a few seconds. He wore a simple shirt stained with mud and torn at the side following his pants standing on his bare feet.

"Are you lost lady?" he asks with his gentleman. You get back to your world and shake your head with an awkward smile.

"No, I-I'm.." you look away not knowing whether to ask him or not.

"So you are lost," he concludes it with your clueless face. You awkwardly nod your head.

"I have to go to the secret  passage number three,"

"I know the way, follow me," he informs you with a wide smile.

"What's your name?" you randomly ask wanting to know the handsome boy's name.

"I'm Cha Enwoo," his soft voice melts your heart double maximum.

"Enwoo," you mumble wanting to see how it sounds from your lips.

"Beautiful name," you utter while giggling to yourself.

"I'm-" you excitedly start to introduce yourself to him but he cuts you off in middle.

"I know you're y/n. The golden human girl who lived a comfortable life in the giant castle. Everyone knows about you," He says breaking your heart. Your face fell down and all enthusiasm broke down.

Enwoo notices your sad face and bites his lips.

"Don't be sad, there is nothing bad about it you know" he informs trying to make you feel better.

"It's fine. It's just that I never liked that life that you people gossip about me," you openly tell him and shift your gaze to the side while walking forward.

Enwoo seals his mouth and chuckles out.

"You have no idea what it takes to be locked here without any food and constant torture y/n. We have faced all of that. Only the stronger ones survive and the weak die," he narrates the daily scenario he sees and he has faced during his arrival at this hell.

You stopping your tracks and watch with confusion. 

"W-what?" you ask unaware of the meaning behind his words.

"The moment when we are captured we aren't sent here. We are taken to a starving prison where limited food and water will be provided. One must fight and kill others to stay alive. So only the stronger people remain alive and the rest will die. It's a fight for survival," he breathes out as if the traumatic experience is still linked to his body. He turns and locks his brown orbs with yours.

"That's why y/n you are wide-spoken. You never faced any of these challenges yet you managed to get a comfortable lifestyle in the castle. I hope this justifies everything. Even a decent caged life like yours is a dream for every one of us here," he smiled and walked forward.

A drop of tear falls from your eyes and you sniff. You can't imagine what it takes to be fighting for every second of your life.

Enwoo pauses when he notices your frozen state standing in the same position. He turns around and claps his hands making you get back to reality and look at him with your wide teared eyes.

"Nothing is your fault so don't feel sorry, it's that Giant King who needs to cry for doing these to the poor people so come on," he yells positive words for you and tries to get you back to your normal self. You sniffed, wiping your tears and walking next to him.

"This is the secret passage number three," he stops at an entrance of another pathway and gestures it with his hands.

"Y/n," you heard Lisa's whisper yells and you sprung your head in that direction,  noticing Lisa standing near the concrete, hiding her face with a wail.

You bowed thanks to Enwoo and ran towards Lisa. You immediately hugged her and rested your cheeks on your shoulder, feeling the warmth of your friend after so long.

"Lisa, how come you are here?"

Lisa pats your head and holds your shoulder with a warm smile tucking her lips.

"Me and Jackson left Jimin-shii after entering the castle. We saw a pathway leading towards the tunnel and got eloped with others so that we could find out what exactly was happening here and as you see now,"

You nod your head.

"Y/n, I'm glad you're safe,"

You snap your gaze to the left and find Jackson leaning on the concrete folding his hands as the outfit he wore is stained with dirt. You pulled him into a friendly hug. 

"Me too, I'm glad to see you both safe and secure," you whispered in relief after going through the deaths of each of your friends.

"Y/n, where is Prince Jimin?" he asks in worry after failing to do his duty as his Knight.

"Don't worry Jackson, Jimin is safe and secure but he is not with me. It's a long story I will you guys," Jackson nods and holds your palms.

"Y/n before that you need to meet someone, "

Jackson takes you inside a chamber of another department, storing various metal items in the huge wooden box and assembling works are going on here. Jackson slips through the working area, bringing you into another passage that leads. There your eyes see an old man, wrinkles covering his large face and the patches of unshaved moustache brimming above his lips.

"Him-"

"He is our King y/n," Jackson says making you gasp in shock. You instantly fall over the ground and extend your arms in respect.

"Your majesty," you shriek.

"No need of such gestures Young one. I'm not a king or royalty. I'm just a normal slave like you," he rasped with his hoarse voice. You slowly looked up and smiled at him.

"I just wanted to ask you about my son," his eyes gleamed with hope of tears when he mentions about his son.

You step closer to him and palm his dirty hands.

"Nothing to worry My King, Prince Jimim is safe. He is not with me but he is safe," The King's face sighed with relief and a joy of hope flushes over his face when he heard his son being safe and sound.

"After departing from the castle. Jimin and I went to the wizards for help but some misfortune has happened and I had to split from him and be the prisoner of the giants,"

"Does that mean they have also captured the wizards?" King Park asks with a worried face. 

"Yes, They destroyed the territory and Killed the leader of the wizards. They all perished and it's all because of me," You sobbed covering your face and your hands. Only if you hadn't gone there, Yoongi and his people would have been safe. It's all your fault.

Jackson hugs you and calms you down by patting your back.

"It's okay Y/n, no need to worry. We shall fight for freedom,"

You sniffed while nodding your head like an obedient dog.

________________________________________

Update