Studying-fluff🌸

Hiiiiiii. I'm so sorry I haven't been updating, I once again had school to deal with but I'm done on the 16th so then I won't have to worry about missing a day!!!!😫😫

So in this story Kojiro and Kaoru are in high school

Kaoru's POV

It's 5pm and I'm cleaning around my house for when Kojiro comes over to study. Not that my house is ever that dirty, but whenever I know he's coming I try to make it cleaner than usual. I've thought about why, and come to the conclusion that I must have developed a crush on the stupidest person I've ever met.

Falling in love with your childhood best friend. The cheesiest thing I've ever heard of.....but true in my case. I hate that it happened, and I hate it more that I stand no chance. Joe's probably the most straight person I've ever met. Why would he ever like me? Which is why I'm not going to tell him and just let it pass.

Joe's POV

Tonight's Kaoru's and my weekly study session. I was almost there when I neared the corner store and stopped to get snacks. After grabbing a few I headed out again. Lately Kaoru has been avoiding me a bit and I don't know why. I don't think I did anything, but I want to get to the bottom of it tonight.

Kaoru is my best friend. That's all it'll ever be. I know he likes guys, I mean after the Adam thing who wouldn't know. But at least I don't have to go wondering if he'd ever consider me as a romantic partner. The way he talked about Adam made it obvious that I'm not his type. Even though I did start working out in hopes that he'd change his mind, he hasn't shown any interest. I really thought that after Adam left something might happen, but all that happened was a lot of crying by him. So in order to try and get over him I flirt with the girls at school, not that I would ever ACTUALLY consider dating them.

Last night I decided that I've had enough with hiding my feelings. The harder I try the more it hurts. First I'm finding out what's going with him, then I'm telling him how I feel. This'll probably be the last day we ever hang out, but I can't stand it anymore.

Kaoru's POV

I had gathered a bunch of pillows and set them all over by the tv in my room. I went downstairs and finished doing a few things before the bell rang. I went and opened the door, being greeted by a big, goofy smile. "Come in," I said, moving to the side so Kojiro could get in. "I brought snacks," He said, smirking. I blushed a little and turned away. "Let's just start studying."

I began walking towards the stairs and looked over my shoulder to see Kojiro looking down at his feet. "Hey you ok?" I asked stopping and turning around. "Huh?, oh nothing" He said, looking up and smiling.

Once we made it to my room we got straight to studying.....for hours.

~time skip~

Joe's POV

It had been 2 hours of studying non-stop and I was sick of it. I really wanted to talk to him tonight but at this rate I don't think anything is going to happen. It's already past 7:30pm and I should get home soon. "Hey uh Kaoru?" He looked up at me and hummed. "I should go soon," I said, looking to the side. "Wait no. Please don't" He said, taking me by surprise. "Why not?" I asked, wanting to know his reasoning. "It's not a big deal. I just was hoping you'd stay over later..... or uh, maybe the night?" He said, I swore I saw a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Only if you answer my questions" I stated. He looked back at me, raising an eyebrow. "What questions?" "I'm the only one asking them right now" I said, he looked at me with a shocked expression. "Why have you been avoiding me?" "What? I haven't?" "Why do you leave whenever girls come to talk to us?" "I don't like to see such thirsty people looking to get laid," He answered, rolling his eyes. "Do you like someone?" That one completely slipped, Why did I do that I thought to myself. His face turned as red as a tomato, "W-w-what, no" He answered, not looking me in the eyes. "Kaoru. Answer truthfully" He didn't say anything.

I got an idea all of the sudden. If I was as stupid as people think I am, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what his blushing meant. I'm really about to take this chance. There's no turning back.

I leaned across the table and grabbed his jaw, "Answer my question" I said, making sure he kept eye contact the entire time. His face turned even more red and he attempted to swat my hand away. I moved closer and he froze. "Kaoru. Why won't you answer my question?" No answer. "Do I know the person?" No answer. "Am I the person?" There I said it. His eyes started to fill with tears and he slapped my hand away. "Leave," He said. He turned around and wrapped his arms around his chest. I heard a little sniffle and knew I couldn't leave.

I crawled up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry" I whispered, hugging him from behind. "Kaoru. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I just want to know" "W-why would you think i-it's you?" He sniffled out. "Oh. Well umm, I-i just thought maybe because I saw you blushing there'd be a chance." "A chance?" He asked, now turning around to face me. His eyes were red and there were dried tears along his cheeks. "A chance that uh, maybe you uh feel the same way...." I said, looking away, knowing that he'd probably turn me down and I'd be back to no friends again.

Warmth. In a matter of seconds, all the tension disappeared. A soft pair of warm lips met mine, and a previously crying Kaoru was now blushing like mad again. I closed my eyes and kissed back. After a few seconds we pulled apart for air. "I uh. I'm sorry" He said, blushing and turning away. "Again." He turned to face me but before he could say anything I brought our lips together again. After a short make out session we decided we were hungry and went to make food. "Kojiro" "Hmm" "I-uh" "I already know hun. I love you too" I said, winking. His face turned red again and he turned away. I walked up beside him, hugging his waist. "Does this mean I can call you my boyfriend" "Stupid Kojiro. If you don't then I'm not talking to you ever again"

I really need ideas so please, please leave some suggestions😫😫