I didn't forget-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Requested by Cherryboom_hi

Kojiro's POV

I was on my way to pick up Kaoru from a signing on the opposite side of town, when I passed by the skate park. I looked out the window and saw Reki and Langa, but I didn't see Miya. 'That's weird' I thought. I remember the boys planning to meet there after school was out. I pulled up to the side of the road, rolled down my window, and called out to them. "Hey, Reki, Langa!" I yelled, trying to get their attention. "Huh? Oh hey Joe!" Reki called, running up to the side of the fence. "Where's Miya?" I asked. "He never showed up" Reki answered, shrugging. "He hasn't answered his phone either." Langa said, joining in on the conversation. "Weird" I said, genuinely confused since Miya would always text someone. "I'm gonna go check something." I said, before saying goodbye and driving away.

I drive up to the school, knowing that this could be 2 different situations. 1) His phone could have died and he needed to charge it at home, or 2) His parents forgot to pick him up AND his phone is dead. I got out of the car and began walking around, checking the doors for Miya. "Miya?" I called out, hoping he wouldn't be here. "Joe?" I heard,, and turned around, knowing he'd be the only kid here who knew me by that name. "Hey kiddo, whatcha doing here?" I asked, walking over to him. "Oh. I was umm, hanging out with some people." He said, rubbing his arm. "Really?" I asked. I looked down at him, seeing a sad face wash over his own face. "No," He whispered. "Come on" I said, holding out my arm. He took it and we walked back over to my car.

"We gotta go pick up Kaoru." I said while putting on my seat belt. I got no response and looked through the mirror, to see him looking out the window. "What's wrong kiddo?" I asked, unbuckling and turning around to face him. "Nothing" He mumbled, not looking at me. "I know you aren't telling me the truth.....can you at least tell me why you were alone?" "My parents forgot about me." I stared at him, dumbfounded. "They're probably working...or something" I frowned, "I gotta stop at the mall later, I ruined my shirt so I have to get a new one" Knowing full well Kaoru was actually the one who ruined my shirt, but I wanted to let Miya treat himself to something. "Ok" He answered, still slumped over. "Is your phone dead or something?" I asked, as I started driving towards the area Kaoru was. "Huh? Oh yeah, it died while I was waiting for my parents" He mumbled. I reached beside me and pulled out a charger, handing it to him.

"Hello ba- Oh hey Miya" Kaoru said, putting his bag in the back seat. He closed that door and then opened the passenger door, getting in. "Hi" Miya mumbled, still not talking much. Kaoru looked at me, raising an eyebrow. I just sighed and started driving once more. "Where are we going?" Kaoru asked. "The mall, you owe me a new shirt" I said, glaring at him for a few seconds. He chuckled beside me, "Good, I'm starving. Miya? Are you hungry dear?" He asked, turning his attention back to the child. "Huh? Meh, not really" He said, seeming to talk more with Kaoru around. "Well, you'll be hungry by the time we're done." He said, shrugging.

"Come on, my lovely family" I said, taking one of Miya's hands, while Kaoru grabbed the other. We watched as Miya's face turned a bit red, but he didn't pull his hands away. "Which store Kojiro?" Cherry asked as we walked through the big glass doors. "The one that shirt was from" I said, glaring at him once again. He giggled, "Calm down, calm down, I already said I'd pay for a new one." "What'd Papa do?" We both turned our attention to the young boy, "I may have written something on his shirt again." Kaoru answered, shrugging. Miya giggled a little, something I'd been hoping would return soon. "Hey, can I use the bathroom quickly?" Miya asked as we approached one. "Sure" We answered and let him go in, while we waited outside. "So, why's he with us?" Kaoru asked. "His parents forgot about him. He was waiting at the school." "Again?" "Yeah" I looked over to Kaoru, to see his face twisted with anger and sadness. "I'm so tired of their shit. How can they forget about their only son?" He asked, turning to face me. "Hey, hey, calm down. We just have to be here for him, ok?" He nodded, and I gave him a quick kiss to calm him down.

"So Miya, is there anywhere you wanna go?" I asked as we continued walking through the store after I had gotten a new shirt(which Kaoru paid for) and Kaoru went and bought a couple new kimonos. "Well Oka gave me a few dollars to help around the shop, so I wanted to go to the game store" He mumbled. "Perfect!" I said, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. I peeked out of the corner of my eye to see a smile plastered on the kid's face. We approached the game store and went in, letting Miya tell us all about the games he had beat, or wanted to get some day. "Hmm, I guess this one's good enough for now" He said, picking up one from the shelf. "Only one?" Kaoru asked. "Well yeah, I didn't make that much from help, but enough for this one." Kaoru looked at me and I nodded my head. "Hey, how about you pick three that you really want, and I'll buy them for you." Kaoru said, smiling. "Mom says I shouldn't be using anyone's money except for the stuff I make on my own." Miya said, looking at his shoes." "Well hun, you don't have to, but I think that you should be allowed to take a gift from someone who loves you dearly" He said, kneeling down a bit to be eye level with him.

After Kaoru's little speech, Miya agreed and did as he was told, and we also brought him to the candy shop in the mall, where we all treated ourselves to a decent chunk of candy. "Thank you guys, so much" Miya said. We both smiled at him as we arrived in the food court. "So whatcha guys want to eat?" I asked the two most important people in my life. "Just a burger." Miya answered. "Nonsense, you're going to eat a full meal." I said, bringing him up to a place that sold burgers. "Hey, I'm gonna go over there" Kaoru said, pointing to a Chinese food place. "Do you want me to order something for you?" "Yeah, just pick something out that you'll think I'll like" I said, shrugging. He nodded and went over to the other place, while I helped Miya order his own food.

I watched both boys eat, while they both looked in love with their food. I chuckled and they both looked at me, "What?" They both asked at the same time, their mouths full of food. I chuckled some more, earning weird looks from the two before they went back to their food. I started eating mine, complementing Kaoru for choosing this out for me, as it was very good. "Ugh I'm stuffed" Kaoru complained, leaning back in his seat. "Miya, what about you?" I asked, making sure he had enough to eat. "Yeah I'm good," He said, smiling. I smiled back and finished up my food, after which, we got up and began towards the exit. I watched as Miya eyed down the ice cream shop as we passed it, "You wanna get some?" I asked him, stopping in my tracks. "Can we?" He asked, looking between Kaoru and I. I nodded and we went inside, ordering each of us a cone, and then going out to the car.

"Hey Miya, Do you wanna sleepover at our house?" Kaoru asked as we sat down in the car. "Yes please" He said, smiling. He pulled out his phone and texted his mom, letting her know that he was staying the night at a friend's house, which she just said "ok" To. "Hey it's ok" Kaoru said, grabbing his hand. "We love you" He said, smiling at the child. Miya smiled back and squeezed his hand. I smiled as the two boys sat back in their seats and we headed back home.

Do we want a part Two????