You're perfect-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Cherry's POV

I had just finished doing an order of wedding invitations and was bored, so I decided to go to Joe's restaurant. I walked in the door, the little bell ringing, causing Joe to pop his head out from behind the wall and smile when he saw me. 'God my boyfriend is the stupidest person in the world' I thought, as I took my seat in the booth I always sat at. "Good afternoon" Joe said, walking over. "Hi" I said back, a small smile plastered on my face. "Hungry?" "Not really" I said, putting my head down on the table. "Wine?" He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Water" I whispered back. He left and came back a few minutes later with a glass of water and placed it on the table, leaning down and kissing my head before going back to work.

A few hours later I was woken up by Joe poking me in the face. "What do you want stupid gorilla" I mumbled, lifting my head up. "It's time to go home" He said, grabbing my glasses, and putting them back on my head. I nodded and we left, walking home. We walked through the front door and went to our bedroom to change. Normally I would have changed in front of him, but lately I haven't been feeling very good about myself.

I grabbed my clothes and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I took off my kimono, looking at my figure in the mirror. 'Why does he like this?' I thought to myself, looking all over. I began pointing out things that I didn't like about myself. 'My abs are barely there, and it looks like I'm getting fat. I look like a whale" I thought as I put on my sweatpants and shirt. I had recently gone out and bought baggy clothes so no one could see me. I looked back up to the mirror to notice I was crying. It's not like I didn't know why I was crying, I just didn't know when I had started.

Thoughts from elementary school came back. "Haha. Look, the poor nerd can't even defend himself. Where's your bodyguard when you need him?" A middle school boy laughed. That day Kojiro and I had gone out to practice skateboarding. Neither of us knew what we were doing since we just started, but we were both trying. Ko had gone to use the bathroom, leaving me alone. I was standing on my board, waiting, when I got pushed from behind and the boy said that. "S-stop it" I had said, trying to get up, but being pushed back down. All the boys laughed at me, throwing rocks they had collected. "Hey stop that!" Kojiro had yelled, running up and pushing his way through to stand in front of me.

"-et me in" "Baby please open the door" I was shaken from my thoughts from this. I could hear Joe pleading from the other side for me to open the door, but my body wouldn't move. At this point I was hyperventilating and couldn't stop. "Kaoru open the door," He said in a soft tone. "I-i-i-c-c-an't" I managed to choke out, pulling my knees closer to my chest. 'Why am I even crying? I'm so pathetic' I thought, and in the same moment the door burst open, Kojiro falling to the floor, but scrambling to get up and comfort me.

I was pulled into his chest, the scent of his cologne burning my nostrils, but in a good way. "Shh Kaoru. It's ok, don't cry" He said, rubbing small circles into my back. I continued to sob into his shirt, soaking it with tears. Eventually he pulled me away from his chest, cupping my face. "Baby what's wrong?" But I couldn't form any words and tears started to fall from my eyes again. "Hey it's ok. I just wanna know what's making you feel like this so I can help" He moved his hands to wipe the tears that were trailing down my chin. "I just....I just don't like myself" I whispered, not being able to make eye contact. "What's not to like baby?"

"I just. I feel fat, and I'm not fit like you. And my body looks weird. My hair is ugly, my eyes are ugly. I-I just......want to be someone else."

"Kaoru. I don't want you to ever feel like you're ugly, or like you want to be someone else. You're my Kaoru. My best friend for my entire life. Without you I wouldn't have anyone. You're the only person I want to see when I wake up. I want to sit and play with your hair because it's the softest thing I've ever touched. I want to be able to stare into your eyes for the rest of my life because I know no one besides me gets to, they light up my entire world. And your body is amazing baby. I wouldn't ask for you any other way, because to me, you're absolutely perfect."

Just then so many emotions rushed through my body. Though I still was feeling not good, I felt less like I wanted to be someone else. If I'm good enough for the love of my life, then I'm good enough for myself. I stared up at his face, not saying anything. "Was that too cheesy?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled, pulling him into a kiss. The kiss lasted a few seconds before we both pulled away, smiling. I laid my head on his shoulder, he pulled me tight in a hug. "If I hear you stomach growl one more time I'll force feed you" He whispered, causing me to burst out laughing, and finally realize just how hungry I actually was. "I brought you home pasta" He said, lifting me up, and kissing my cheek before bringing me to the kitchen.

Well this isn't all that angsty. Well I guess it issss, but not that bad.

I need more suggestions! I know I still have some to write, and they're coming I promise! But if you have something you want me to write, please leave a comment!!!