Flashbacks Part 2-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Kojiro's POV

After his hair was completely dry, we cleaned up the bathroom and went back to my bedroom. "Are you hungry?" I asked as Kaoru sat down on my bed, still wrapped in his towel. I grabbed some sweatpants and a hoodie of mine and handed them to him. "I'm not putting pants on without underwear you stupid gorilla" He mumbled, looking down. I chuckled and grabbed him some, along with some socks and gave him those as well. I turned around to let him get changed privately, and I knew he was done when he wrapped  his arms around my waist and pressed his head against my back. "Are you hungry?" I asked again. "Yeah" He mumbled. "Mom ordered food, it should be here soon" I replied, turning around so I could hug him back.

When the doorbell rang I ran downstairs and answered it while Kaoru stayed in my room. I brought the food upstairs and gave Kaoru his, and ate mine in silence. When we were done Kaoru was very quiet and I wasn't sure why. "Do you wanna talk about it baby?" I asked, rubbing the back of his hand. He cuddled right up against me and tried to pull the blanket onto himself, but he winced and stopped trying. I grabbed it and wrapped it around the two of us. "It was my dad" He whispered, and I nodded. "Why would he do this to you though?" " He told me I wasn't allowed to come here anymore" "What?" I asked, confused. "Him and Mom said that if I left the house and came here that I was never allowed to come back." "But all your stuff is there?" "I grabbed a couple bags worth. They're in your backyard because I didn't have the strength to carry them anymore."

"I promise that they'll never hurt you again" I said, with a bit of anger in my tone. "Don't worry Kojiro, I'll go to the police" I nodded and held him tighter, "I love you Kaoru" "I love you too, and I'm sorry for ruining today." I frowned, "You didn't ruin today love. We haven't even gotten things started" I said, smiling at him. He smiled slightly before asking, "Well what're we doing?" I gently got him off of me and stood up, holding out my hands. He took them and I led him to the flowers and chocolates. "I didn't even notice these" He said, smiling, though the smiling soon turned to wincing. "Here sit down," I said, pointing to the bean bag chair in front of the tv. "I'm going to get you a heat pack" I said, running down the stairs and to the kitchen. I warmed one up a bit, grabbed the drinks from the fridge and brought it all upstairs. When I went back into my room Kaoru was trying to wrap himself in a blanket, but he was definitely struggling. "Here babe" I said, picking up my hoodie from earlier in the day.

I helped him put it on around his bruises, and we both sat down again. We turned on a movie(use your imaginations lol) and cuddled while watching that for a while. "Kojiro" Kaoru said half way through the movie. I hummed in response, "I should go to the police before it's too late to" He mumbled. I held him tight for a few seconds, "Do you wanna go talk to my mom about it?" He nodded and we went downstairs to find my mom sewing in her art room. "Hey boys" She said as we walked in. "Mom Kaoru needs to talk to you" I said, rubbing his back. She set down her stuff and sat on the couch against the wall. We sat with her and talked about everything for a while before finally deciding we should go to the police station right away. Mom grabbed the clothes Kaoru was wearing before and put them into a bag, while me and Kaoru got into the car. I noticed he was shaking slightly so I grabbed his hand a squeezed it, getting is attention, "I'm gonna be here for you the whole time"

After we left I remembered that Kaoru said he had bags in the backyard, so I text my older brother and asked if he could go and grab them, which he did thankfully since it was supposed to rain and I didn't want Kaoru's stuff to be ruined. We finally got to the police station and Kaoru took a deep breath, "Take your time dear we have all night" My mom said, smiling gently. After a few minutes Kaoru got out, and we followed after him. We went inside and Kaoru told the people at the front that he needed to speak to an officer, and one came out a few minutes later. Kaoru went into the room and talked to a couple officers, and a bit later a couple more officers came and spoke to me. After all the happened they sent us to the hospital so the could look at his injuries and photograph them. Finally, after we were all done running around we went back out to the car. Kaoru slumped against me after buckling in, and I could tell that he wasn't doing the best. Mom must have noticed too, "Let's go for icecream" She said cheerfully.

When we got home Kaoru said he was tired, so we said goodnight and went upstairs. Kaoru was surprised to see his stuff, but started going through it. "What're you looking for?" I asked, kneeling beside him. "My pajamas" I helped go through a different bag, and found a photo album full of pictures of us which made me smile. We finally found them and I helped him change, and then got changed too. We laid in my bed and he held onto me tightly, "You're safe now Kaoru" I whispered, kissing the top of his head. "I know," He whispered back, shutting his eyes. I rubbed his back gently to not hurt his injuries, and listened to his clam breathing as I fell asleep holding him.