The flu-Fluff🌸

Ok so I lied......I'm going to start my Renga oneshot book tomorrow after school since it's my last day😂✨

Joe's POV

It was around 5pm and it wasn't extremely busy at the restaurant. We had two couples eating, but almost done. I was in the kitchen, cleaning dishes for the night. My head hurt like hell and I was dizzy, so I was closing early tonight and had sent all the other workers home early. Once the couples had finished eating, paid and left, I finished putting things away, got my stuff and left. I got into the car, placing my head on the steering wheel for a minute. I looked up, noting that I wasn't dizzy if I was sitting so I'd be ok to drive(Please don't drive like this unless you're 100% sure you're ok).

I drove home, pulling into the driveway 15 minutes later. I walked up to the front door, unlocking it and going in. Usually I would call out for Kaoru, but at this point I was so dizzy, and in so much pain I just couldn't. I used the wall for support as I made my way to the living room. "Babe?" Cherry called from the couch. I went to answer but before I could everything went dark.

Cherry's POV

I heard the door shut and checked the time. 'It's pretty early' I thought, calling out for Joe. I heard no answer and got up from the couch, seeing him use the wall for support. He was super pale and was sweating a lot. I started walking over to him when he fell. "Kojiro!" I called out, running over to catch him before he fell. I caught him, picking him up, even though it was hard, and carefully carrying him up the stairs, up to our bedroom.

I laid him on our bed, instantly feeling his forehead. His head felt like it was on fire, so I ran to the bathroom, grabbing a cloth and soaking it in cold water. I rung it out and brought it back into our room, laying it on his forehead. I unbuttoned his chef shirt, peeling it from his sticky skin. I went and dampened another cloth, using it to wipe down his chest to hopefully make it a bit more comfortable for him. I found an oversized shirt of his I usually use as a nightgown-type shirt and put it on him gently.

I sat down beside him, pulling him closer to my side, but not too close so I wouldn't make him more hot from my body heat. I sat there in silence for about an hour when I felt Kojiro start to move around. I looked over at him, seeing a pained expression on his face. All of the sudden he jumped up from the bed, running out of the room and into the bathroom. I shot up after him, following him there and seeing him kneel over the toilet. I knew what was going to happen so I ran up, grabbing his hair as he started throwing up.

I held his hair back, while rubbing small circles onto his back. "Shh baby, it's ok. It's ok" I said over and over again, trying to comfort him. "Kaoru" He choked out before he threw up again. "Shh, don't worry I'm here." This went on for a few minutes until he sat down on the ground, leaning against me, tears running down his face from all the puking. I wiped his cheek and mouth with a cloth, leaning over and turning the bathtub on. I continued to reach as far as I could to feel for the right temperature. "Jiro, sit on the toilet" I said, flushing it, then closing the lid, and helping him up. He didn't say anything, just limply sitting there.

After the tub had filled I helped Kojiro undress, sitting him in it. I was about to leave to go get something when I felt a tug at my Kimono. "Come in with me" He whispered, not moving his head from laying on the edge of the tub. I smiled, nodding, and taking off my clothes to get in. I got in behind him, laying him down on my chest. He rolled over, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I ran my finger through his hair that was dampened with sweat. Normally I would be grossed out by his sweaty hair, but when Kojiro got sick, he became the biggest baby. He couldn't do anything himself and always needed me to look after him.

"Ko, let's wash your hair," I said, sitting up slowly. He nodded, pushing himself away from my chest. His face was flushed and his eyes were puffy, looking like he had been crying, and would continue to cry. I helped him wash and rinse his hair, then stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel and holding one out for him. He stepped out, grabbing onto my shoulders for support as I wrapped a towel around him. "Sit" I said gently, turning on my blow dryer. I began running my fingers through his hair which caused him to giggle because I was "tickling" him.

After I had finished drying his hair, I led him back to the bedroom and got out clean clothes. I helped him into a pair of pajama pants and a tank top pajama shirt, changing myself into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Lay in bed for a while baby" I said, pulling the blanket over him and kissing his forehead. He nodded, laying down and pulling my pillow close to his chest. I smiled at him, walking out of the room but leaving the door open in case he needed me. I went into the kitchen and tried to find something to make since I'm not a good cook. I decided on soup because it was easy to make and it would help Kojiro's throat.

Once it was done, I put it into bowls and brought it to the bedroom. Joe was still asleep in the same spot I left him, so I put the bowls down and gently shook his shoulder. When that did nothing I began rubbing my hand up and down on it, calling out his name in a soft whisper. After a few seconds he awoke, his eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me. "I made dinner," I said, helping him sit up, and passing him a bowl. I sat down on the edge of the bed, eating as well. Once we were both done, I ran the bowls out to the kitchen, putting them back into the sink and going back to our room. "Kaoru" "Yes?" "I feel like shit" he said, putting his head in his hands and closing his eyes.

I went into the bathroom, grabbing medicine, and bringing it back to the room. I poured it into the little cup and held it out for him. "Here take this," I said. "Ew. There's not a chance in the world that I'll take that" He said, sticking out his tongue. I knew that he wouldn't take it easily on his own, so I thought of a new plan. "Close your eyes," I said. "You're not putting that in my mouth" He said, rolling his eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked, pouring the contents of the little cup into my mouth and bringing my lips to his. I pried his lips open and traced every part of his mouth with my tongue, coating everything in the medicine.

I pulled away once it was all in his mouth. "I'll take whatever as long as you do it like that from now on." He said, laying down again. I laughed, getting in next to him. I pulled him onto my chest, dragging the blankets to cover the both of us. He cuddled up against me, his face hiding in the same spot as in the bath. I turned on the tv, watching some random show that was on. I began playing with Kojiro's hair, feeling him smile onto my skin. "You should sleep now baby. You'll feel better if you do" I said, taking off my glasses and placing them on the night table since I could still kinda see the TV from the bed. I felt him kiss my neck, stretching out further on top of me. I smiled, kissing his forehead, before allowing myself to drift into a much needed slumber.