Leaving Part Two-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Cherry's POV

I sat up, stretching, before looking over to my side. Miya was curled up beside me, and Kojiro was sprawled out on the bed. I chuckled and grabbed my phone, taking a picture. Slowly, I got up and made my way to the bathroom, where I got ready for the day. Afterwards, I went downstairs and into the kitchen. My stomach growled and I decided I was gonna make breakfast today. I began getting out stuff to make pancakes, and started to mix them together. As I poured some batter on the pan two arms snaked around my waist and a head was placed on my shoulder. "Good morning Kojiro" I said, kissing his cheek. He sleepily kissed me back, then moved away to the coffee pot. "Do you want bacon?" "Yeah, I got that and eggs though. make some whipped cream for Miya" He said, pouring a cup for himself and me." We both sat down at the table for a minute, then got back up to continue cooking.

"Mama?" Miya called from the top of the stairs as I set down the last plate. "Miya, stay right there, I'll come help you down' I called, running over. "Ok, for at least a week, one of us will carry you up or down, k?" He nodded as I picked him up. Once down the stairs I set him down at the table, and Kojiro handed him a glass of orange juice. "Hey, do you want some sprinkles?" I asked, ruffling his hair. He nodded, so I walked over and grabbed the container. I set it down in front of him and sat in my own seat. We all began eating, Miya slower than the rest. Once we had all finished, Kojiro went to shower, and I sat at the table with Miya who was staring at the table. I watched as a few droplets fell onto the table and got up, walked over to him, and picked him up.

I brought him back up to my bedroom and sat him on the bed. "I washed your clothes for you, they're in the dryer now." I said, picking out my clothes for the day. I turned around to see his head buried into a pillow. I sighed and sat on the bed beside him. "It's ok sweetheart" I said, rubbing his back gently. "M-mama" He cried, gasping for air as my heart shattered. "Yes?" "I-i don't wanna g-g-go back. I d-don't want t-to be ignored anymore" He said, hiccuping at the end. I carefully pulled him into a hug, and whispered, "You can live here. If it comes to it Kojiro and I will become your legal guardians."  "B-but then you'll h-have to deal with me" I sighed, "Miya. I'm not "dealing" with you, you're a child, and you deserve attention, so I want to give you all the attention in the world." "That goes for me too," Kojiro said, walking into the bedroom. "Now hun, what do you say we go to the store and you can pick out some stuff to keep yourself occupied?" I asked, helping him sit up. "S-sure"

After I helped him get dressed, ready, and into the car, we set off to the mall. "Ok so, you can get some stuff, whatever you want, so that way you have stuff to do at our house. Plus, we need to get you some clothes and shoes." I said, making a list of things on my phone. "Mama, you don't need to get me anything. I'll be fine" Miya said, looking out the window. "Nonsense. We're going to spoil you rotten" Kojiro said, smirking at the kid. I rolled my eyes and smiled, knowing that this is exactly what Miya needed to begin to feel better. "And we're here!" Kojiro exclaimed, getting out the wheelchair from the trunk. I helped Miya sit in it and let Kojiro push him. "Where do you wanna go first?" I asked, "Uhh, Maybe clothes? These are too tight on my cast anyways" He mumbled.

"How about this?" I asked, holding up a blue hoodie, "I like it" Miya answered, I nodded and threw it in the shopping basket, "Mama" "Hmm" I hummed in response, turning around. "I need underwear too" He whispered, his face turning bright red. I chuckled a bit, "Kojiro, this way" I said, walking over to another aisle. "You can pick whichever, and however many you want." I said, making sure he wasn't even more embarrassed. "Can you grab me those ones" He said, pointing to a pack. I nodded and grabbed them, "How about I get this one too, that way you have enough" I said. We went on to get him 4 outfits, along with a few pairs of pajamas, some slippers, a housecoat, a jacket, and just some extras I thought would make him feel more at home, like a new pair of shoes, and some fun socks. "Ok next, let's get you some toys to keep yourself busy"

We walked into a game shop, letting Miya look around at the games on the walls. "I have an X-box one, so you can get any game that works with it" Kojiro said, also looking at the games. I giggled and looked at some other stuff, noticing some blind bags from a game Miya like(Fnaf for you wondering lol) I grabbed 4 and held onto them. Miya and Joe each had grabbed some games, and brought them up to me. "I got these ones" Kojiro said, I snuck the blind bags onto the counter, and looked at him. He smiled and kissed my cheek quickly, "K-kojiro" I whispered, shoving him slightly. He chuckled and continued to pay for the games and toys.

"Ok, I think we've got everything" I said, loading all our bags into the trunk. "Shall we go to the store and get some snacks?" Kojiro asked as I sat in the car. "Sure" I said, "Miya?" I turned around to see that he was drifting off to sleep. I smiled and turned down the music a little bit. Once we got to the store, I gently shook Miya's shoulder, "Honey, come one" I whispered until he woke up. "Oh, sorry." He muttered, letting me help him unbuckle. Once in the store, we went through all the rows, letting him pick out whatever cookies, ice creams, and chips he wanted, while Kojiro shopped for actual groceries as well. "I'm tired," Miya said, sitting back down in the car. "As soon as we get home you can nap" I said, noting it was only 3, but he was injured so he had an excuse.

"There you go," I said, laying a blanket on top of him. "Thank you," Miya said, smiling. "You take a nap now, k?" He nodded and laid down, shutting his eyes. I walked out quietly, and shut the door. When I went downstairs Kojiro was on the phone. He looked at me, "CPS" Was all he said. I took in a sharp breath and sat beside him, grabbing his hand. He squeezed it, and kissed my forehead, "He's ok now. We'll take care of him" "Kojiro. If we can, can we adopt him so his parents can never hurt him again?" "Of course we can, I wouldn't want it any other way." He said, kissing me once more. I leaned against his shoulder and listened to the music playing while he was on hold.