Moving day Part 1-Fluff🌸

Joe's POV

It was finally the day for Cherry and I to begin moving into our new house. It's not like we were moving to another city or anything like that, we just outgrew our apartment and wanted someplace bigger to live. After searching and searching we finally found our dream house. It had plenty of bedrooms so any guests that came over would have a place to stay, an amazing backyard with plenty of room, and the house in general was just beautiful(Look at the end for my inspiration pictures).

I rolled onto my side carefully, so as to not wake Cherry, and grabbed my phone. The time read 5:47, so I got out of bed quietly and went into the bathroom, splashing some water on my face and using the bathroom before going into the kitchen. I pulled out the things needed to make waffles and began on the batter. Once they were all cooked, and I had cut up all the fruit I needed, I began loading the waffles with whipped cream and the fruit when I felt two arms snake around my waist.

I turned my head slightly to see Cherry laying his head against my back, his eyes closed. "You can go lay back in bed baby" I said softly. "Mmm, but it's much more comfortable here." I chuckled at him, turning around and pulling him into a hug. I picked him up, and set him down in a chair at the tiny table we owned. "We need a new table" He mumbled as I walked to the counter and grabbed the food. I brought it over and sat it on the table, digging in right after sitting down. "Did you pack anything last night?" I asked. "No, I didn't get out of bed after you fell asleep"

After we had finished eating, Cherry went to get dressed, while I went and grabbed some boxes from the living room to start packing. I brought them into our bedroom, setting them on our bed, and threw on a t-shirt. Kaoru came up behind me, pushing me to get past. I turned around, smirking, "That's no way to treat your most favorite person" He rolled his eyes, smiling slightly. "Where should we start?" I asked, walking up and setting my head on his shoulder. "Throw all your laundry into the baskets in the laundry room. I'll put mine in my bags." "Alrighty then" I said, going to get the baskets. I didn't bother folding any of my stuff. I mean, what's the point if I'm just gonna put it away in the new place?

"Once you're done, we should put them by the door" "The baskets?" "Yeah, so that way everything that is packed is at the door and ready to go out to the moving truck." I nodded, picking up a basket and bringing it to our front door. I went back, bringing out the rest of mine, and all of Cherry's bags and putting them alongside it. "Kojiro"

I went back to our bedroom, looking around for Cherry, and finding him in the bathroom. "Help me put all the bathroom stuff away. Towels and stuff can go in here(he said pointing to a bag), And put all other things into the box" I did what he said, and helped him pack until the entire room was empty. I picked up the boxes and put them by the door, going back into our bedroom after. I started folding the blankets on our bed and throwing them into another bag. "I want a new bed frame," Kaoru said, walking up beside me. "I know. After everything is packed and in the van we can go look at furniture stores" I said, kissing his forehead.

We finished packing everything in our room, and then moved onto the kitchen, making sure to wrap anything glass in bubble wrap, and my pots and pans even though they aren't glass, but they are professional pans and were expensive. Not long after, the kitchen was fully packed, besides the food in the fridge because we were gonna leave it so it stays cold. After that, we moved onto the living room.

Kaoru was wrapping up all picture frames and anything else breakable, and I was supposed to be shoving pillows into a bag. I snuck up beside him and smacked him in the back with a pillow. "Kojiro! You're lucky I wasn't holding something glass" He said, picking up his own pillow. He swung at me, landing a hit to my chest. I swung back, hitting him on the side of the face. He fell onto the couch, so I pretended to fall on top of him. "Joe get off of me" He yelled out, laughing. "I can't Kaoruuuu, gravity is against me" He laughed some more, pushing with all his might to get me off of him. "Babe come one, they're going to be here at ten" He said with a tad bit of more seriousness in his voice.

I chuckled, getting up and holding out my hand. He took it and pulled himself up. "Stupid gorilla" He said, pushing past me playfully. We finished packing up anything left in the house, and went to taking apart furniture. I took apart the bed frame, realizing that was the only thing that actually needed to be taken apart. "Kojiro, vans here" Cherry yelled from the front door. I helped him load up the wheely cart and bring it to the elevator, before going back and grabbing as many bags as I could and bringing those down too. I met him down at the van and loaded the boxes in, then the couple of men driving and us went back up to get more.

Once everything was loaded into the truck, we went back into the apartment. "Damn this is really happening" I heard Cherry mutter once we stepped into our now empty living room. I walked up behind him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "Yes it is. But it's a good thing" I said, kissing his cheek after. "Why's it good?" "Well, we moved in here right after I opened the restaurant. Now we're moving to a new place, which just shows our growth. Plus who knows, maybe we'll get engaged in that house" I said, winking at the last part. Cherry's face went red before he pushed me away. "Let's get the last of it in the car. I want to go shopping"

We packed the last of our stuff into the car, including the food from the fridge. "Let's go give the office the keys," I said, pulling Cherry along. "Hello boys" We were greeted by the property manager, the same one that's been there for the 7 years we've lived there. "We're here to turn in the keys," I said, smiling at the old man. "I always knew this day would come," He said. "Kojiro, you take good care of that young man. And Kaoru, don't let him get in too much trouble" He said, chuckling as he took the keys. We all said our thank yous and goodbyes, before going back outside and getting into the car.

From our apartment to the new house was a 15 minute drive. As we drove into the driveway, we noticed that the moving van was already there, unloading everything into the house. We got out and brought the food inside, putting it all away so it wouldn't go bad, not that there was actually much stuff, just some milk, eggs, and coffee creamer. "I'll go grab the stuff out of the car so there's more room for shopping" Cherry said, going back out to the car. I nodded, Taking in the new surroundings. When we first came to the house Cherry had fallen in love with it, I could tell from the look in his eyes.

I heard something fall and went to the front door to see that Cherry had dropped a box full of shoes. I chuckled, helping him pick them back up and put them back. He set everything down on the living room floor, which was also full with things from the van. The movers brought in the last of the stuff and had left when we finally decided to go out shopping. "Where do ya wanna go first?" I asked, getting into the driver's side. "Do you remember that place we saw those pillows at?" He asked. "Uh huh" I said, turning on the car. "Let's go there."

Hehe. So this is part one of two or three(I'm not sure yet) I hope you guys enjoyed!