Third Wheel Part One-Fluff/Angst🌸🥲

Requested by ImArawPotato

Kojiro's POV

I'm getting really tired of this guy being around. I mean, yeah I used to want to hang out with him. He was my friend. But now, he's always all over Kaoru, touching him and flirting with him and it pisses me off. "Kojiro?" Kaoru asked, poking me in the forehead. "Sorry" I muttered, standing up. "What's wrong? you seem spacey" He said, standing beside me as I picked up my board. "I'm fine," I said, smiling. "Where did Adam go?" I asked, not seeing him around the skate park anymore. "Had to go to the bathroom or something," Kaoru said, jumping onto his board. I jumped on mine and we began doing tricks we learned recently, comparing each other's techniques. As I was in the air from a jump, Adam showed up next to me, doing the same one, just in his own way. When we both landed, Kaoru ran over to him. "Oh my gosh dude, that was so good. You looked so amazing up there." He said, going on and on about how great he did it....But he had asked me to do it so he could see.

I sighed in defeat and picked up my board, sitting back down on the bench like I had been minutes ago. I watched as Adam slowly made his way closer and closer beside Kaoru, the feeling of jealousy slowly rising in my chest. 'He's not that great Kaoru' I thought, putting my head in my lap. Like 10 minutes later, and felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up, wincing from the sun. "Are you ok Kojiro?" Kaoru asked, smiling. " Uh yeah. I'm fine" I said, looking away. I felt Kaoru sit down beside me, so I looked over at him. As I did, Adam sat down next to him, "We might as well all take a break" He said, smiling at Kaoru. I looked away. I shouldn't hate him, he's a nice guy. I just hate that he's able to take Kaoru so easily when we've been friends since kindergarten. I turned my head back towards them only to see something I wish I hadn't. Adam had his head on Kaoru's shoulder, and Kaoru was smiling.

Suddenly, I got up and picked up my board. I really was tired of feeling jealous today, and I didn't want to ruin their moods so it's better  that I leave. "Kojiro, where are you going?" Kaoru asked, getting up too. "Home." "What why?" Adam stood up before saying, "He's probably tired of being a third wheel." I felt my face heat up and continued to not face them. "What? No. Kojiro knows he isn't third wheeling." Kaoru answered. "Why don't you ask him then?" Adam said as I turned around. He had a stupid smirk plastered on his face, and Kaoru's eyebrows were raised in confusion. "Kojiro, you don't feel like that, do you?" He asked, facing me. "No," I muttered. He stared at me for a few seconds before, "You're lying. Why, why would you think that?" I felt anger boil up inside me and I just couldn't control myself anymore. "He's always all over you. I can't even have my best friend anymore." I yelled. "What the hell Kojiro. He's OUR friend" "I don't want to be friends with him" I said, turning away from both of them. "Why, what has he ever done to you?" Kaoru yelled, running in front of me and pushing me. "He turned you against me."

You could clearly tell Kaoru was getting mad, so I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. "Let go" I said, pushing him off me. "Don't push him you asshole" Adam said, joining in and pushing me. I tripped backwards and hit my back off the railing behind me. I got up, wincing in pain as Kaoru ran over to my side. "Are you ok?" He asked, grabbing onto me to try and help me up. I pulled my arm away and got up. "Get away from me" I said, grabbing my board. "Kojiro wait" Kaoru said, obviously upset. I didn't listen to another word he had to say instead, I began running as fast as I could, feeling the soreness on my back while doing so.

Kaoru's POV

I went to grab my board to follow him when Adam walked up beside me and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Finally, he's gone." "What?" I asked, feeling offended for that, even though I didn't know why. "He's so annoying sometimes. I don't know why we even let him hang out with us." He said, walking over to his board. "Shall we practice?" He asked, smiling. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I said. "What do you mean?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "You've been pissing him off purposely, haven't you?" I asked, my tone getting more serious. "No, of course not. It's not my fault he's overly sensitive." "You're such an asshole Adam." He just stared at me. "All he wanted was to be friends with you." "Yeah? Well I don't want to be friends with him." I stared at him in disbelief. "Then why the hell are you here?" I yelled. "Because. You're the only one I want to be seen with." He said, smirking. "I'm leaving." I said, picking up my board and bag. "I thought we were going back to my house after this?" He asked. "Why? So you can get me into your bed? I'm going to see if Kojiro's alright." I said, turning away after and running in the direction of Kojiro's house.

As I was running it started raining. "How fitting" I said, letting out a weak laugh. Suddenly, I tripped, cutting open my pants and knee. "Shit" I muttered, covering it with my hand. I pulled my hand away and noticed the small amount of blood covering it. "Could this get any worse?" I muttered, standing up. Just then, thunder struck out, making me jump. I felt tears prick my eyes and fall down my cheeks. "This is what I get." I said, starting to run to his house faster. 'God please, I don't want to be out here" I thought, crying harder. I hated thunderstorms. They give me super bad anxiety. As I continued to run to his house, more and more  lightning and thunder rang out around me, pushing me to run faster and faster. Finally, I ran up the steps and pounded on the door.