Car accident Part 2-Fluff🌸

A week later:

Kaoru's POV

"Dammit" I sighed as my charger fell from the bed to the floor. I wasn't allowed to get it however because of my broken ribs. "Kojiro" I called, feeling horrible that the one time he had left me all day I needed his help. "I'm here" He said, running into the room. "I dropped the charger" I sighed in defeat. He held in a visible laugh and grabbed the charger. "I want to shower" I complained, plugging my phone in. "Well unfortunately you can't stand long enough for that" "I know that you stupid gorilla" I fought back, rolling my eyes. I was staying in Kojiro's house in the guest bedroom, since my parents had sticks too far up their asses to care about their son getting in a fatal car crash. Kojiro hadn't left my side for the last week, except for work. He even got an exception to come in and collect his school work as long as he kept his grades up.

"What if I took a bath?" I asked as we ate dinner on the bed. "Well that would be your only option" I rolled my eyes, "No shit smartass. besides I don't want to smell as shitty as you" Which was a total lie because Kojiro always smelled amazing. After we had finished eating and doing our homework I attempted to get out of bed on my own, which wasn't impossible, it was just very painful. "Sit your ass down" Kojiro said, coming back into the room. "I'm going for a shower" I said, stumbling over to the door, "Let me help you" he huffed. I smirked, "You wanna see me naked?" "W-what??" He yelled, going red. I laughed, which caused me a great deal of pain. "That was karma."

"Now get out you stupid gorilla" I said, pushing him out of the bathroom. I shut the door behind him and went to take off my shirt. I basically screamed and froze, unable to move my arm back down. "Kaoru are you ok??" He said worriedly. "I need your help" I barely forced out. He opened the door and saw me stuck, "Uhhh, this might hurt" He said, wincing as I swore as he pulled my arm back down. I took a deep breath and let him get the shirt off of me. "Ok I'll be good now" I said, knowing I could get my pants off since I had been using the bathroom. He left once more and I got into the bath and closed the shower curtain. "I'm in now if you want to come sit and talk" I yelled. I heard the door open and him sit on the floor. We talked about random stuff, mostly skateboarding related, before I clued in I had no bath products here. "Oh, use mine," Kojiro said, which made me blush a little.

I laid back in bed in Kojiro's hoodie and sweatpants. "Do you want anything? Hot chocolate maybe? Oooooo or maybe pasta?" "Some hot chocolate would be nice, but I'm still full from dinner," I answered. He went downstairs to make me some, so I sat on my phone waiting. I pulled up my notes app, reading the message for the 50,000th time.

"I love you Kojiro. I'm sorry I never told you, and now it's too late. But I love you, I always have, and I always will."

The text message I thought I had hit send on but turned out I passed out before I hit the button. I wanted to tell him, so bad, and I had finally thought of a way to do it. "I'm back" He announced as he walked into the room with the mugs. "Thank you" I said, taking mine. We played some games and watched some skateboarding videos before it got way too late. Kojiro laid back into his "nest" he had made on the floor. I laid in the bed on my good side facing him as we talked some more before bed. Once he thought I was asleep though he laid down and went to sleep too. However, I wasn't asleep, it was time for my plan. I copied and pasted the text back into the spot, this time I hit send, and I went to bed with the biggest butterflies in my stomach.

Kojiro's POV

I woke up around 4 in the morning to check on Kaoru and make sure he was still okay. After making sure his breathing was still stable I quickly checked on my phone. I stopped in my tracks, holding the phone closer to make sure I was reading it right. My face got hot and I didn't know what to do, so I did what I would want back in return. "I love you too" I text back, smiling as I noticed how cute he looked asleep. I laid back down, holding gently onto his fingertips that were hanging over the edge of the bed as I fell back asleep.