How they Met-Fluff🌸

Requested by jxst-karo

Kaoru's POV

"Wait for meeeeeee" I cried after my mom and she walked down the driveway, towards the car. She buckled me into my booster seat and started the car. Before I knew it we were at the school, which standing in front of it, seemed much larger. I held her hand as she led me through the tall front doors, and down the hallways until we came to a class with a brightly coloured woman standing in front of it. She greeted us, booming loudly, "Hello little one! Are you so ready for your first day?" She said, kneeling down in front of me. I nodded excitedly and looked at my mom, "Go ahead sweet heart" With that I hugged my mom goodbye and walked into the classroom with the teacher.

She helped me find my cubby to put my backpack in, and then told me to go play with some of the other kids. They were being really loud, which slightly bothered me, but I ran up to a group and started playing with them right away. After a few minutes the two teachers came back in and told us all to sit on the carpet. We all gathered around and sat, listening intently to what our new teachers had to say. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a small green haired boy sitting away from the carpet all alone, but I forgot about him as the teachers started asking us questions.

At lunch time, the teachers gave us cupcakes and sandwiches, while we sat at our little tables and talked to each other. I then noticed the green haired boy again, sitting all alone in the back reading corner. I didn't see him with cupcakes either so I assumed the teachers must have missed him. I picked up my cupcake and walked over to the corner, trying not to scare the boy. I sat down In Front of him and gently tapped him on the leg. He looked up to me with red eyes and he looked scared. "Hi! I'm Kaoru" I said, "I brought you this cause you looked lonely" I said, handing the cupcake over. "I" He started, but he stopped. "It's ok, you don't have to talk if ya don't want to" I said, making myself comfy in one of the bean bag chairs. He smiled slightly and ate the cupcake, joining me in one of the chairs soon after. 'I'm Kojio" He said(the missing r was intentional).

We spent the rest of the day playing and colouring and being stuck to each other's hips.  "You're pretty" He said to me while I was colouring. "Thank you, but I'm not a girl. I'm a boy" I said, slightly frowning at him. "Oh..." he said, looking down at his hands in his lap. "But that's ok!" I said, picking up my cheery behaviour once more, "you're pretty too" I said, smiling. He smiled back and kept on drawing. Before we knew it, it was the end of the day and our parents started showing up. Kojiro and I kept playing until I saw my mom and then I ran over to her. "Hi hunny, how was your day?" "Good mama, I made a new friend" I waved for Kojiro to come over so he ran up next to me. "Hi ma'am" He said, smiling. "Baby!" We all turned around to see a green haired woman holding her arms out and Kojiro ran over to her. "Hi mama, look at my new friend Kaou" She smiled and began talking to my mom. "This is his first real friend" His mom said, smiling down at me. "Sounds like they'll need a playdate this weekend" My mom said, giving his mom a card with her number on it.

From that day on Kojiro and I were inseparable. We were in every single class together for the rest of our days in school, up until university at least.

Bonus:

8 months into the kindergarten year:

"Kaou" I was picking flowers, so I stopped and turned around. Kojiro was holding a bouquet of flowers out to me, smiling. I took them and we sat down in the grass. "Thank you" I said, sniffing at them. "Kaou" "yeah?" "Let's get married one day" I felt my face go warm, "You dummy we're both boys" He looked at me, "My mommy says it doesn't matter who you like, cause all that matters is you love them. And I love you, so I wanna marry you" He said. I thought about it for a second, "Ok, we will get married then"