Take a break Part 1-Fluff🌸

Request by ladyredriot

Kaoru's POV

"Hi Kojiro~" Three girls said, trying to get his attention. Kojiro sped past them, not even acknowledging them. I frowned. I knew it wasn't uncommon for him to not stop and say hi, but usually he at least smiles or waves, this time he totally ignored them and continued racing around, handing out food, cleaning up tables, doing everything he could. I sighed, knowing he would end up going home and falling asleep right away, only to wake up and repeat it all again.

"Kaoru, do you need more wine honey?" He asked, coming to a stop at my table and leaning over to catch his breath. "No it's ok, why don't you come sit down for a bit and let the others do something?" I suggested. "We're 4 guys short, I can't do that, sorry" He said, kissing my cheek. "Yeah it's fine," I said. I sighed again. 'Guess asking him for a night out together is out of the picture' I thought, putting my head in one of my hands.

Kojiro's POV

Shit I feel bad. It's not that I don't want to sit down with him, but I can't. I'm trying to save up enough money to take him out, plus 4 guys at once asked if they could use their vacation days, so here I am, ignoring the love of my life, while completely exhausting myself. I ran into the back storage room to grab something, but I started feeling dizzy. I leaned on the wall to try and catch my breath, but it wasn't doing much. 'Crap' I thought, slowly sliding down the wall to sit. I laid my head on my knees and sat there for 3 minutes, letting my heart slow a bit before getting back up. I checked my watch quickly, noting it was 8:45. 'I'm so taking tomorrow off' I thought, doing quick calculations to see how much I needed still for the trip when I realized I actually wouldn't need to work more extra hours. I mean, it's not like I HAVE to work extra to afford it, but I'm saving most the stuff I make for the future so I wanted to work a bit more to get more money.(Idk exactly how it works since he technically owns the restaurant, but I'm guessing he still has to work for his money).

I got up once again and went into the kitchen. "We're gonna close at 9:30 tonight" I declared, earning some cheers from my crew members. I grabbed a slice of cheesecake and brought it out to the dining area. I looked over to Kaoru's table, hoping to see him staring and I could blow him a kiss, but instead his head was buried in his arms. I felt bad, knowing that if he was upset it was more than likely because I've been ignoring him lately. I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. Instantly his head shot off and he smacked my hand, worry spread across his face, until he noticed it was just me. "God, I'm sorry Ko" He whispered. I laughed a bit and then set down the cheesecake. "It's fresh," I said in a sing-song voice. He smiled and cut into it. He took a bite and a look of joy spread across his face. "Here try this" He said, lifting a forkful up to my face. I ate it and smiled, "It's good" I said, he nodded and continued eating. "Oh one more thing, We're gonna close early tonight, and I'm taking tomorrow off" I said before winking and walking away.

~After everyone's left~

"Kaoru~ Where are you?" I called out, searching for the pink haired man. Suddenly, I was attacked from behind, and pushed to the ground. Kaoru fell on top of me, laughing his ass off. I messed his hair up and he looked at me, offended. "Oh shut it, Let's go home" I said, laughing and getting up off the floor. I grabbed the bag of leftovers from the day, grabbed Kaoru's hand and walked to the door. I made sure to turn off the lights before going outside and locking the door. "Can you drive?" I asked. He hummed and got into the driver's side of the car. I sighed and leaned back into the seat, glad to be able to sit down for a bit. "I'm not letting you cook dinner tonight" Kaoru said, "It's fine, I'll make something easy." "Too late for that. I already ordered take out" He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes but smiled. "God I love you"

We picked up the food and got home all within 45 minutes. "Come on, let's eat," Kaoru said, pulling plates out of the cupboard and bringing them to the living room. "We'll eat out here so it's more comfortable for you to relax" I smiled once again, and sat down. He began serving the food onto plates, before handing me one. I took it and kissed his cheek, very grateful to have him as my own. We ate, turning on the tv too to catch up on a show we had been watching. "Hey Jiro?" "Hmm?" "Can we have a "spa" night?" I nodded before putting my arm around his shoulder and pulling him over to me. He laid his head in my lap, and I played with his hair while we continued watching the tv.

Hope you enjoyed it!!