Don't give up Part one-Angst/Fluff🥲🌸

This was requested by cat798

Hope you enjoy!!

Kojiro's POV

"I'm sorry Kojiro, I just don't think we should see each other anymore." "Wait Kaoru please. Please don't leave. I don't care about what anyone else thinks. I'm here for you" I continued to plead with him while he walked away, leaving me broken down and crying in the parking lot we grew up in.

"Hey kids" I said, skating up to the trio. We were all waiting for the beef to start at S. "Hi Joe!" Reki yelled. I chuckled, "Papa?" I looked at Miya, I had gotten used to being called this by now. "Hmm?" "Where's Mama?" "You mean he's not here again?" I asked, worry starting to cloud my mind. He shook his head at me, obviously showing worry on his face too. "Hey don't worry. I'll go check on him after, ok?" "Yeah"

It was half way through the beef when I started hearing the gossip again. "Cherry's become so predictable." "It's no wonder he stopped coming. He's just another person in the shadows now." Hearing this, I wanted to punch each and every person talking about my Cherry like that, but, for him I wouldn't. I knew that the last time, and times before that, he had heard the gossip too, that's probably the reason he's stopped coming.

~After the beef~

I knocked on the door softly. I knew I had a key, and was always welcome in Kaoru's house, seeing as we were dating, but I didn't want to upset him more than he already was. The last time I had heard from him was last night, which wasn't unusual. Sometimes, he would go days without saying anything to me because he was so busy with work. I didn't really mind though, I would hear from him eventually I knew, and I almost always would see him at S, but the last few nights he hasn't been there.

"Kaoru?" I called out softly. When I heard nothing behind the door I pulled out my key, letting myself in. I closed and locked the door behind me, along with taking off my boots. I looked into the kitchen and living room, but didn't find my missing lover. I moved on to looking upstairs. As I got up the stairs I could see that his bedroom door was open, but it was dark inside. I walked in quietly, turning on the light to see a heartbreaking site. Kaoru, his hair unbrushed and tangled. He had a blanket covering a bit of his body, but I could see that he was wearing the same pajamas I had seen him in 5 days ago. As I got closer I could see that his face was red, and he had obvious tear stains, along with his pillow being wet.

I sat down beside him, trying not to move the bed too much doing so. Gently, I brushed the hair from his face, before laying down beside him and pulling him against my chest. I moved in his sleep, curling up more next to me. I began softly brushing my fingers through his hair, trying to get out some knots, but with no luck.

We had been laying there for around an hour when Kaoru finally moved. "Kojiro?" He asked, still half asleep and super confused. I rubbed his back in circles, "I'm here Baby." "How did you?" "The key you gave me." He sat up, moving away from me. "Why did you come here?" He asked, moving to the edge of the bed. I moved with him, sitting beside him. I grabbed his hand, kissing it. "Because I love you, and I care about you, and I wanna be here for you." He squeezed my hand as the tears started pouring down his face. I pulled him into a hug, keeping him as safe as I could.

"You shouldn't have come" I looked at him in disbelief. "What? Why??" "I'm a burden. First I lose a simple race to someone I should have been able to beat. Then I make you worry about me when I don't want anyone to. You should have left me here alone so I could realize just how terrible of a person I am." At this point he was sobbing uncontrollably(but for the sake of you guys being able to read, I'll write it normally lmao). I rubbed his back again, while he continued on. "Why are you even here. I've done nothing but be a burden to you. I cause you so many problems, and because of me you can't date any of the pretty girls that talk to you. You should just leave and forget all about me." I pulled him back so he was looking me in the eyes.

"Look at me Kaoru. There is no way in hell that I'm going to do anything you just told me. I will not be leaving your side, or forgetting about you. I will hurt anyone that causes you any type of pain. You, and only you, is the most important thing in my life. You've been there for me as long as I can remember, and I swear that I'm going to be by your side until the day you die. So please, please don't give up. I'll help you through all this." He buried his face in the crook of my neck, his tears running down my shoulder. "I love you Kojiro" He managed to choke out. "I love you too." I said, laying us back down in his bed. "Come on, let's get some sleep." "But you have to open the restaurant in the morning." He said, rubbing his eyes. I grabbed his face, wiping his tears away before kissing his forehead. "I'll get someone else to. Tomorrow is just Kaoru and Kojiro day." He smiled before laying back down in my arms.

Ahhhh I hope you like it, the next part will be more fluffy