Car accident Part 1-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Hi guys! This one wasn't requested, it was just an idea I had quit literally from a dream I had a few nights ago lol. Also as some background they are in their final year of high school in this, and they're not dating yet

Kojiro's POV

'Jeez can this day drag on any longer' I complained to myself. I was working an 8 hour shift today and I only had 2 hours left to go, but it felt like it was lasting forever, and on top of that, Kaoru hadn't answered me for the last 2 hours which was really unlike him. Normally he answered right away or very soon after so I was worrying. I tried to calm my nerves by humming along to the music playing on the speakers of the store as I stocked some shelves. Another hour passed and I still hadn't heard anything from him so I was definitely panicking internally. I was in the back now, cleaning up the mess I had made with empty cardboard boxes when my boss came into the back. "Hey kid, you gotta go" I turned around, confused. "What do you mean?" I asked, thinking he meant I was getting fired. "Your mom is up front, you gotta go" He said again. I nodded and grabbed my stuff, still very confused. When I got to the front my mom was obviously upset and didn't say anything to me as we got into the car.

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked as we drove into the other side of the city. "Honey something has happened" She mumbled, starting to tear up. I had a bad feeling and then she finally said, "Kaoru got into an accident" Everything around me froze. "What" I whispered, before I started yelling. "What happened, where is he, take me to him" I yelled, acting irrationally. My mom put her hand on my knee, "we're going to him right now, calm down" I tried my best to calm down by staring out the window. "What happened?" I asked. "He was driving through his red light and a truck didn't stop and smashed into his exact spot in the car" I felt the hot tears start spilling down my cheeks. I felt angry that there was nothing I could do to help him.

When we got to the hospital I ran from the car, without even waiting for my mom. I was at the front desk in a flash, and then straight into his room. Of course his parents weren't there, when were they ever. I slowly walked over to his bed, taking in the iv's in his arms, the breathing tubes in his nose, the stitches on his forehead, and the bandages all over. I stood beside him, unsure of what to do. So instead of doing anything, I cried. I sat in the chair beside his bed and cried. I cried for what felt like ever, until I couldn't cry anymore. "You dumbass" I muttered, wiping my face. "You're a fucking dumbass" I yelled, feeling helpless. "You could have died" I mumbled, carefully holding onto his hand. "Please don't die Kaoru, I need you. A lot." I cried more, until the sun was fully down. After a few hours of sitting in silence, besides when my mom said it would be okay if I stayed the night as Kaoru's parents were on vacation and said it would be too expensive to cancel it.

As the hours went on I stayed awake, not wanting to risk not being there for him incase of emergency. I did however start dozing off, but felt a gentle move of a finger in my hand. Suddenly I was wide awake, watching everything for more signs of movement. His heart rate started increasing, and I noticed another twitch of his fingers. I stayed silent, not wanting anything to happen as he woke up, or maybe it was because I didn't know what to do. He coughed, then lifted his hand to his head before letting out a loud groan. "Kaoru," I said. He mumbled something I couldn't understand. I grabbed his hand once more, keeping it still so he wouldn't hurt the bandaged wounds. "What happened?" He whispered, before he started choking. I ran to the hall and got a nurse who brought some water.

After Kaoru stopped choking I helped him sit up. "Do you remember anything?' I asked. "Being scared." He said, looking at the side table. "I bet" I mumbled, playing with my fingers. "So you uh...got that text huh?" He asked, now looking at his own hands in his lap. "What text?" I asked, confused. His face went mad red, "Nothing, I think the accident is messing with my head" He said, looking at me now. He had a black eye, stitches in his forehead where they had to remove glass, and an extremely split lip. "I'm sorry I wasn't there," I said. "It's not like it was your fault" He answered, "besides, at least you get to see my face everyday." He said, smirking. 'yeah if only you knew,' I thought.