We can still have fun-Fluff and Angst🌸🥲

I really enjoyed writing that last one, so I thought why not write one about them as teens, and this is what Kojiro mentioned in a previous chapter. Also, there is slight homophobia, but nothing too bad

Kaoru's POV

"I'm almost done," I yelled to Kojiro, who was sitting on my bed. I finished my eyeliner and put on my hat and walked into my bedroom. "Holy hell, my boyfriend is hot," Kojiro said, standing up super fast. I giggled a little and was picked up by two arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and cupped his face with my hands. "Someone's happy" I said, smiling. He smiled his stupid goofy, and yet adorable smile and gently pecked me on the lips. "You just look beautiful," He said.

"Bye Mom, We're leaving now" I yelled and Kojiro and I got ready to go out trick or treating. "Have a good time, my favorite pirates!" My mom called. I smiled and grabbed Kojiro's hand, pulling him out of the house. We began going around, collecting candy after candy until our bags were half full. It was a little after 8:30, and it was also beginning to get a bit cold. "Here" Kojiro said, blushing while handing me his jacket. I smiled and took it, putting it on. "Thank you sweet pea" I said, "H-hey that's not fair. You said I wasn't allowed to call you sunshine anymore" "I changed my mind" I said, shrugging my shoulders. He muttered something and then continued on walking. "We should probably go back at 9:30" I said as we walked away from a house. "Sounds good babe"

Kojiro's POV

"Hey Kojir-" Kaoru started to say, but I heard a thud behind me before they finished. "Kaoru," I said, turning around. When I turned, I saw Kaoru on the ground, with someone's foot on his back. "G-get off of me" He said, trying to get up. The three boys were all standing around Kaoru, laughing. "What's wrong? The little gay boy isn't all high and mighty outside of school?" One said, as the others laughed more. "Get off of him" I said, walking closer. "Awe whatcha gonna do pipsqueak? Don't know if you've noticed, but that's not muscle on your body if you know what I mean" I stopped in my tracks, but only for a millisecond because I knew Kaoru needed me. "Get off of me you assholes" Kaoru yelled, pushing one of them. He got onto his knees but got a swift kick to the back of the head. "Kaoru" I yelled, running over, only to be held back.

"You know. I can't stand you two." The guy who kicked Kaoru said, putting his foot on his head to hold him down on the ground. "You walk around the school, acting like you're so much better than everyone else. But what would happen if a rumor started that the "Perfect" Boy that all the girls are obsessed with was gay, and sneaking pictures of the dudes in the locker room." He said, smirking. "I swear to god" I said, through gritted teeth. "Oh you're next." He said, glaring at me. "Now. I'm not gonna hurt you as of right now, but Kaoru. If you ever try to do anything against me or my friends, I'll make your life a living hell, got it?" Kaoru attempted to shake his head yes, but was pushed back down by the boot. "Trick or treat?" He said, leaning down to Kaoru. "W-what?" "I didn't say you could talk" The guy said, smirking. He pulled out a can of pop from his pocket and opened it, taking a sip. "Well, the correct answer was trick" He said, before turning the can upside down. "Kaoru" I yelled, trying to stop the guy, but once again I was pulled back.

Once the can was empty the guy took his foot off Kaoru's head. "Get up" Kaoru stood silently, his white top dyed brown from the pop, and his hair dripping on the ground around him. "Get lost. And if I ever see your ugly face again outside of school, I'll make sure you end up in the hospital." With that, Kaoru took off, running as fast as he could back towards his house. "And you. You're just as disgusting as he is. Plus no one will care if you're hurt" He said, before smirking. "Wha-" But before I could finish I was punched across the face...twice. "Get the hell away from me" He said, and his friends let me go. I picked up Kaoru's bag and began walking away.

I walked over to an aisle with candy, looking for the big boxes. "I got two right here if it's what you're looking for" I girl said, handing me two boxes. "Thanks,'' I muttered, wiping my sleeve across my face. "Want a napkin?" She asked, noticing the blood. "No I'm good" I walked up to the front counter and paid, before heading to Kaoru's house. "Kaoru?" I called, after knocking on the door for 5 minutes. I sighed, not hearing anyone come to the door. I sat down beside the door and rested my head on my knees. It was getting more, and more windy, making it impossible for me not to shiver. After like 2 minutes someone opened the door. "Hello?" "Kaoru?" I said, standing up quickly. "Oh my, honey are you ok?" Kaoru's mom asked, gabbing on gently to my face. "Heh, I'm fine. I uh, brought Kaoru some candy" I said, staring at the ground. "Come on," She said, pulling me inside. She led me up the stairs and to Kaoru's door.

"Sweetheart, I need you to open the door," She said softly. I heard the door unlock, but no one opened it. "Go on in, I'll be in in just a minute with some stuff to clean you up." She said, running into the bathroom. I gently opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind me. "I thought you would have gone home," Kaoru whispered from his bed. "I would never leave you like that" I whispered back. "Did they hurt you?" He asked, standing up from what I could hear. I didn't say anything, I just stayed facing the door. "Jiro?" He said, touching my shoulder. I slowly turned my head to look at his face, his face twisted in horror. "Sit," He said, dragging me to his bed. "Mom will help." He said, holding onto my hand.

"So what happened?" She asked, gently patting the cut that split open my lip. "Just some douche bags from school," Kaoru whispered, leaning his forehead against my back. His mom hummed in response and put a bandaid on my cheek. "There you go kiddo. You just got a slight back eye" I nodded, "I'll let you guys do whatever now k? If you need anything at all, just call for me" And with that, she walked out of the room and closed the door. "Kojiro.." I sighed and laid back against his headboard, "come here" I said, patting my leg. Kaoru crawled over and laid his head on my chest. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" I said, burying my face in his wet hair. "I couldn't protect you though" He said, starting to cry. "Oh Kaoru. You have nothing to worry about, ok? I'll never let someone hurt you again." I let him cry for a few more minutes. "Did you wash your hair?" "I ran it under some water in the sink" He muttered, "I couldn't stand long enough to shower" He muttered again. "Why baby?" He sat up and stretched out his legs, It was now that I could see the band aids that covered them. "When they tripped me I cut them open, and then little rocks got in the cuts and they burned.

"Come on" I said, picking him up bridal style, even though it was kinda hard for me. "One day I'm gonna be strong enough to pick you up with no problem." I said, carrying him to the bathroom. "I'm looking forward to it, but I don't mind you like this" I blushed and set Kaoru down gently. I began running the water until it was the right temperature and put the plug in. "Bubble bath?" I asked. He smiled and nodded, handing me a bottle off the counter. I poured some in and put my hands over my eyes, "you don't have to do that you know" Kaoru said, giggling. "Yeah but" "Kojiro, I really don't mind. I mean, It's not like we haven't seen each other naked" He said, teasing me. "J-just get in," I said. When I heard him sit down in the water I opened my eyes. "You're so sweet Jiro" He said, leaning on the edge of the tub. I smiled and kissed his forehead. "Oh yeah, I brought you a surprise." "What kind?" "The candy kind" Kaoru smirked, I like the sound of that"