[61]

Darkness.

Complete darkness surrounded him. Like all times.
[So...this is it? Is this what happens when I die off? Was it...worth it?] Jay thought as he looked around, feeling his body just...lay still outside his mind.
Jay expected to find his regular mind body exactly like the previous time. However, his hands were different. They weren't gloved, or blue, or clawed. And when he looked in front, a mirror wall showed a...

...human teenager.

He was red colored instead of blue unlike his previous dragon robot body inside the mind. Immediately a message appeared in front of him:

[SENSITIVE MEMORY NOW SAFE TO RELEASE]

As he stared more into his reflection, Jay...no...he was starting to remember something else. His real name.
It was David Gutierrez.
Everything was coming back to him, his own personal memories. Along with a headache as the memories began to filter back slowly.
Home before, high school, the laboratory, testing social skills with a night fury droid, seeing...his father rarely because of work. After that, there was the day after school that David went to the building to see the testing of the military NFD...against his father's instructions.

And that is what caused him to be....killed when the military prototype went out of control.

Jay —no, David— realized for the first time that this was all his fault. If it weren't for him forcing his way through the vents to see the testing, he would have been alive like a normal human being. And that made him start to cry with guilt.
"When are you going to look away from reality? It really starts to bug me off." a voice said from behind, sounding very similar to his's.
David looked behind and saw Jay, like a separate entity of himself.
"Why? There's no point in continuing this way. Or living. What else is there that can move me to continue on?" David asked his separate self.
"Plenty. Even at the beginning before running away." Jay said, gesturing to some screens appearing before them.
They showed Dr. Gutierrez, father, working day and night, building the nfd unit that would be David's new body with no stopping and hardly any rest.
"What...what are you showing me?" David asked.
"I'm showing you how much he worked to save you. And although he didn't like what he did later, that's no reason to think that he isn't still regretful about it. Because we are alive. YOU are still alive, aren't you?" Jay told David.
"Am I really? Aren't I just a...copy of my original self?" David said, looking to his side.
"If that were the case, you wouldn't be your same natural self. Aside from your body of course. However, this whole new version of you is your true self." Jay said walking closer to David.
"How do you know?" David questioned.
"Because you've changed into a more better version of yourself. You are more aware, more kind to people, considerate, and willing to do anything for a friend. Something you have missed at the beginning, and it's not too late to acquire it. There is no further proof than that. And that's reason enough to tell everyone, including Dr. Gutierrez, that you are alive." Jay explained.
At that moment, a screen appeared in front, showing Sans standing in the exact same spot.
"If I'm alive, then what should I do now?" David asked. "I think you know what exactly." Jay replied. He was right; he still had to continue fighting in order to make Sans understand.
"Keep on fighting and staying alive." David said, making Jay switch from a stern face into a happy one. And he also remembered the promise he made to Telephone and the rest of the monsters: break the barrier. It wouldn't be broken without his help.
"And you won't be alone. You and I are the same. Let us join to continue living." Jay said as he took David's hands with his clawed ones.
Then they began to literally merge into each other until they became one. Both Jay's core and David's red soul became one completely.

Immediately, everything became blinding white.

[1ST ELEMENT ADAPTATION: SUCCESS]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Smoke surrounded the place where Jay was brought down, blurring Sans's vision. Then there was Jay's figure moving a bit while struggling to get up.
But...no attacks came. Only the sounds of floor pieces falling down from Jay's body.
Sans was trying to see how much he had to push Jay in order to bring his attack form. Just like he did when he fought Flowey for him and Papyrus.
"Come on, kid. I'm starting to feel bad for beating the scales outta ya. Do something. Anything." Sans said. A part of him did feel sorry for forcing Jay to fight, while the other pushed it back so he was set on figuring how he was going to defeat Jay.
"You feel sorry for fighting me? That's a bit hypocritical, considering what you're doing to me." Jay's voice came from the cloud of dust. Once it cleared, Jay was shown standing up again with his visor still on, the broken glass on it repairing bit by bit until it was done. The eyes inside it didn't change to red. They just stayed blue like before.
The only difference...was that Sans could now fully see Jay's soul in his chest. It was the red trait one, in the middle of it having a glowing blue sphere that resonated with the soul.
'Why? Why is he still standing?' Sans thought with nervousness.
"I'm kind of curious as to what you think you are right now. For me, it seems you're acting like a judge. But judges are supposed to judge, not execute. So what are you?" Jay said, reaching out with one hand to pull the bone out from his shoulder. There was the sound of metal grinding as the bone was pulled off and bits of metal clinked down on the floor. Immediately after that, the damaged section began to repair itself.
'No way. He's still won't give up?' Sans thought, feeling more scared than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know what? It doesn't matter now. You want to see my true power? Good. Because that's what you're asking. And you've finally pushed me far to show you my SPECIAL ATTACK. I'm ready now. However, I gotta warn you, Sans. I plan to finish this...with one final FIGHT AGAINST YOU! So give your all, Sans!! Give me EVERYTHING you've got!!!" Jay said to Sans, walking towards the gaster skeleton and stopping at a safe distance. There, he stamped his foot on the ground, floor bits crunching underneath, as he readied his pose to begin the fight once more.
[Amazing! I don't feel scared anymore. All I feel is bravery coming from my chest, no fear at all. This is what I needed all along. A determined spirit to keep on fighting to live!] Jay thought with glee as he waited for Sans to say something.
"Uh...sure. Okay." Sans simply said, trying to look unbothered but failing because of sweat coming down from his gaster skull.
"Alright then! Let's us begin!!!" Jay shouted with a smile in his face.

With a quick bolt forwards, Jay ran at Sans to begin the fight.