[22]

It was a wonder how he was on the inside. And now he was seeing it in the mirror.
[My....my body. It's all machinery. Just like I saw it with my eyes before I came here.] Jay thought as he examined every detail of the inside of his body. In the center of his chest, in the center of all the wires and frame structure metal, was a sort of glowing blue sphere. This was surely his power source that backed up his functions and everything else. For some reason it seemed kind of freaky, but at the same time it felt really cool to Jay.
[So...how am I going to bathe myself? Do I simply just wash the interior like the rest of my body? Seems kind of risky, since electricity and water don't mix nicely at all.] he thought as he looked over to the soap bar and shampoo bottle that were on the bathtub. [Should probably ask: "Hey, Sans! How do I bathe myself?"—Yeah, that's not gonna happen.] Jay thought to himself as he opened the bathtub and got inside. Then he placed his shirt/covering on before he turned the faucet on and started showering. For most of the time, Jay expected for some component from his body to shortcut as he continued to shower. Luckily there was no such thing happening during the time, to his relief.

After he was done, Jay dried himself with a towel and placed the sweater on. When he came out of the bathroom, he found Sans laying down on the couch, watching a show on the television. "Hey, Sans. What are you watching?" Jay asked as he went over to the couch. "Just watching another one of Mettaton's shows. Wanna join?" Sans said. "Sure!" Jay said, then sat down next to him.
Mettaton, to Jay's surprise, was a robot. This type of robot had a gray, largely rectangular box with a grid of lights at the top, four dials along the bottom of his body, a single leg which ended in a wheel at the bottom, and two segmented robotic arms which ended in white gloves. During the cooking section of his show, right after the drama section, this robot acted charismatic and charming-looking. Though, at one point of the show, Mettaton mentioned that if one human showed up, everyone had to be ready to "collect" it's soul of one encountered a human.
[Is this what people do in the Underground? Well, what else would they do?] Jay wondered, then he remembered what Flowey the flower said to him the last time.

[Kill humans......................................................
[If the people down here.....knew that I used to be human.........Would they try to kill me?] he wondered nervously.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sans had a feeling that this new monster had some mysteries that had to be brought out. So, he took out his phone and checked for any messages in the chat app. As usual, it was Papyrus who was the most active.
["HELLO SANS. HOW IS THE SMALL DRAGON DOING? DID YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING YET? Dr. GASTER IS ASKING ME."]
["Nope. I haven't found anything yet."] Sans texted.
["THE DUTCHIES TOLD ME THEY FOUND JAY HEADING AWAY FROM THE RUINS, WHERE SUPPOSEDLY HE ARRIVED. HOWEVER, WHEN I ASKED MISS TORIEL ABOUT HIM SHE SAYS SHE HASN'T SEEN JAY COME DOWN FROM THE CAVE ENTRANCE OR ANY OTHER PARTS OF THE RUINS."] he replied.
["And?"] Sans asked.
["NOTHING. JAY HAS NO BACKGROUND. NOBODY KNOWS HIM, AND HE HASN'T BEEN REGISTERED IN THE PAST EITHER. ITS LIKE HE APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR."] Papyrus replied.
["Ok. I'll keep an eye socket on him."] Sans texted as he looked over to Jay. 'How did he appear out of nowhere? A crack on the Underground cavern roof?' Sans thought. Surely that was one way the black dragon could have gotten in. However, there was something off about the energy that Jay gave off constantly. It was stable like the rest of monsters in the Underground, but there was the other part that seemed too much...strong.....
Sans now decided to check on his father, if he was still busy or not.
["Hey dad. You there?"] he texted
. . .
["What is it, son? I'm a bit busy trying to create an approach method for the new monster that is in the house. Is there anything that you may have found out about him? Does he have different magic abilities?"] Dr. Gaster, his father, texted back a moment later.
["Actually he has sky-blue magic like others and nothing else. However...I have to ask you this: have you been aware that he could see you? Because he mentioned that he saw you watching him."] Sans texted.

................

["WHAT??!! HE CAN SEE ME!!!???"] his father texted him back a long while later.
["Did it really take you THAT long to capitalize all the letters and add exclamation marks?"] Sans texted, smiling in humor at what his father had sent.
["SANS!! How is he able to see me from the house to the lab??"] his father texted him back.
["He thought you were some kind of ghost when you were pressed against the screen like you always do when you discover something new lol. Gee, dad. You should see your face in the mirror once in a while."] Sans replied.
["Sans! This is serious. Who is he?"] his father texted.
["I'm investing at much as I can, but nothing comes up.] Sans texted.
["Do you think that he is some sort of hybrid between a machine and monster?"] his father asked.
["Not sure. His movements and the way he acts/talks is very natural for him to be that kind. Maybe he has a new ability that lets him sense electric items just like you hypothesized, right?"] Sans replied to his father as he glanced over to Jay.
["I see. Well, I have to make more adjustments to the approach method in case I go there to meet him. Just keep an eye out for anything strange that comes from him, son. I'll contact you soon."] his father texted.
Sans sighed as he placed his phone back in his pocket and glanced over to Jay again.
'That's right. I'll observe him. I can't let my guard down now that there is someone new other than the mysterious flower.' Sans thought as he continued to watch the tv show with Jay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*door busts open suddenly*

"JAAAAAYYYY!!!!" Papyrus shouted as he busted the door open all of the sudden.
Jay yelped and jumped behind the couch, getting frightened by the instant noise. "Why did I do now?" Jay whined as he poked his head over the couch. "What's up, bro?" Sans said, looking calmly as if the door bust sound didn't bother his nap.
"SANS TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE PHONELESS. SO I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, GOT YOU THIS!" Papyrus said, taking out a new phone from out of his armor pocket and handing it out to Jay.
"Awwww....Thanks Papyrus. You guys are already letting me stay here, I feel really bad." Jay said to Papyrus and Sans. "ITS FINE! TAKE IT AS A GIFT FROM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" Papyrus said as he placed the phone on Jay's hands.
Sans inhaled so he could speak, but Papyrus turned around and glared at his brother. "SANS! DON'T RUIN THE MOMENT!" Papyrus warned. Jay laughed as Sans began his pun attacks on his brother, who got really crossed.
[Is it fine if I could trust these two? Will they turn me in?....Nah, they wouldn't. They seem like great people. Just like Telephone and Radio.] he thought to himself as he looked at the two gaster skeletons.