[74]

General Foss tried yanking away his arm from Dr. Gutierrez's grasp, but he was holding it tightly. This caused the box containing the positive core to slip out from the general's hand. Dr. Montero, who was near to them, dove in and catched the box before it hit the ground.
"Gutierrez, friend, no! I am the one who created the methods to harness the energy of the cores. So they will have to kill me instead!" Dr. Montero shouted, looking at his colleague pleadingly and then at the others.
The soldiers listened as they turned their weapons towards Dr. Montero now.
"I admire your loyalty to your friend and your bravery, but you have the odds against you. Besides, national security is my top priority to the world. So hand it over." General Foss said dryly to Dr. Montero. When they looked down, the box containing the core had vanished completely. "Oops. Looks like it teleported away." Dr. Montero said with a jokingly tone as he raised his empty hands. The general realized something was wrong. The head engineer, Dr. Gutierrez, had managed to elude the general and the soldiers while secretly taking the box with him.
Before anyone had time to react, a large glass door lowered down and separated the group from Dr. Gutierrez.
"NO!!!" General Foss shouted as he reached out with his hands and contacted the glass. He banged on the glass and then ordered his soldiers to try breaking it. They obeyed and shot at the glass once the general and Dr. Montero stepped back. However, the glass didn't seem to have a scratch on it.
When General Foss was about to order something else, they heard a muffled knock on the glass from the other side. It was Dr. Gutierrez, holding the box that contained the positive core in one hand. The general, wearing a furious face, and his soldiers went over over to where Dr. Gutierrez was standing on the other side. Dr. Gutierrez looked at all the soldiers and then straight at General Foss's eyes with a calm face.
"Each room that you've walked by in this large facility has been designed to be a safe room in case of a disaster. It was designed to survive an asteroid blast, withstand solar flares, and repel temperatures that drop to absolute zero...for a long moment. And you know who designed all that you see in front of you, thanks to government funding?...Me. So don't expect to come in here immediately." Dr Gutierrez said calmly to the general with a superior aura surrounding him.
"You said "for a long moment", right?" General Foss cited to him.
"True. But you will stay out of my way for long enough. Now if you will excuse me, sir, I am going to save my son once again." Dr. Gutierrez said before he turned around, locked the glass shield door with his own card, and headed to the middle of the room, where Jay's dormant body was laying on the seat.
Outside, General Foss furiously turned to Dr. Montero and shouted, "Open this door NOW!!!". "Oh, please, you and I know better than anyone else that he only has access to anything. You and I don't." Dr. Montero replied to the general in a calm manner. General Foss glared at him and then turned to his soldiers to order them to bring something.
Meanwhile, inside the other room, Dr. Gutierrez finished inserting the positive core inside the slot of Jay's core compartment and closing it. Then he looked up at the hologram monitor to see if the energy flow was going through properly. But the monitor also began picking up something else. Dr. Gutierrez pressed some keys on the dashboard to amplify the source. What he heard...was similar to that of a real heartbeat. This caused tears to well up in the eyes of Dr. Montero as the flow of energy began running smoothly. Looking back at Jay's body, he saw some red shard-looking figures forming above Jay's chest. They soon began piecing themselves back into place before forming a red glowing heart, similar to the one that Dr. Gutierrez saw the first time he recreated his son. Then the red heart sunk back into Jay's chest and disappeared.
Once that happened, the monitor registered the heartbeat sound beginning to become more louder as the energy flow finally stabilized.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The darkness lasted short and suddenly Jay awoke again with a gasp. He sat up quickly and  opened his eyes to look around. He was still in the seat with the wires connected to his body, but only his father was in the room.
"Dr. Gutierrez— I mean, father!! What are you doing???" Jay said, puzzled as to why he was brought back to life once more. Before Jay could react, his father came close and placed both hands on the dragon robot's shoulders
"Listen, I may not have created you exactly like before, but you still are my son. And I am proud that you have fought so hard to survive!" Dr. Gutierrez said as tears streamed down from his eyes.
Jay, overcome with joy and happiness, found himself smiling with his eyes beginning to water up too. "Thank you, father!!!" Jay said, hugging his father tightly as he did the same with his son.
The moment didn't last long when an explosion shook the room and glass shattered everywhere. When the two let go, they saw that Foss's soldiers have brought a railgun tank inside the testing room to break the glass shield.
"FIRE NOW!!!" General Foss ordered, and his soldiers obeyed. They raised their guns and fired bullets at Jay and Dr. Gutierrez. Without wasting any second, Jay stood up and quickly placed himself in front of his father, activating enhanced shield mode to block the bullets from hitting the two. The green shield deployed on his arm and made all the bullets bounce away from them like bb ammunition.
Soon the bullets ran out for the soldiers' weapons. Jay took this chance to destroy the railgun by letting his reactive machine guns out of his back and firing. The energy bullets hit the railgun, destroying it and causing an explosion big enough to knock the general and his soldiers down.
Dr. Gutierrez looked at the new type of shield that Jay had with awe before it deactivated and disappeared. "H-how did you—?" he was about to ask when Dr. Montero came running over to them, having recovered from the explosion.
"No time to answer. Escape is first priority right now." Jay said, the two doctors nodding in agreement before leading him out towards a pair of exit doors. Once on the other side, Jay destroyed the door security panel by punching it for safety after the doctors closed.
"So, how did you develop that type of shield?" Dr. Gutierrez asked as the three began to run through the hallways and down the stairs.
"I'll tell you along the way, but I have to ask; what will you be doing now that they are chasing us?" Jay said as he ran with the two doctors.
"Planning a way to give you an escape path." Dr. Gutierrez said.
"Yes. Now, please DO tell us about your small adventure on the other side of the stargate." Dr. Montero said.
"Alright, I'll summarize it in short. So it all started when I overheard your conversation..." Jay said as Dr. Gutierrez led them through the facility.