[15]

[Now what should I do? This armored dog could clearly crush me?] Jay thought, his ears pinned down and body shaking in nervousness as he eyed the large spear that the armored dog held. He knew that he had to do something to defend himself against this opponent if it attacked. However, at the same time...

he didn't want to hurt it.

Not just because it was a cute dog, but because he wanted to be a friend like Telephone was.
[Ok, think. What should I do?] he thought as he examined his options:
•[*Analyze
•[*Fight
or...
>[*Distract and run away.
The last option seemed like a good one. [Here goes nothing.] Jay thought as he looked around and spotted a stick. He picked it up and waved it in front of the armored dog. It suddenly got exited and bent on all fours, looking playful. "You want the stick? You want it? Fetch!" Jay said, then threw the stick away from him in the opposite direction. The armored dog bounded after the stick that landed on the snow, and Jay took this opportunity to sprint off into another direction quickly.
[Whew. That was a close one.] Jay thought to himself as he diminished his speed. However he was immensely wrong when he heard the sound of heavy footsteps approaching fast from behind. It was the armored dog, and it wasn't very happy with him. Jay have a yelp of alarm and ran off as the armored dog chased him. [What is wrong with this guy!!??] he thought as he continued running. Later he tripped as he went through a pair of pine trees and fell, rolling down a snow bank and colliding into a snow man. For a brief second he saw what appeared to be Sans's brother, Papyrus, jumping out of the way of the tumbling black dragon. [Wait. Papyrus??] he thought.
The armored dog barked at Jay angrily, who curled up in a ball with fear and fright.
"OI! SHOO!! SHOO!! LEAVE THIS POOR LITTLE ONE ALONE!! GO ON!!" Papyrus's voice said from above him. Jay folded his wings a bit to peek at what was happening. The tall gaster skeleton was making shooing hand gestures at the armored dog. The dog made sad whining noises and walked away.
"HELLO THERE, LITTLE ONE! ARE YOU OK? GREATER DOG CAN BE A BIT TOO HYPER SOMETIMES." Papyrus said as he kneeled down and held a bony hand out to Jay.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"I hate to bother ya, but can you do me a favor? Now that you're here...my brother has been a bit down lately. He's been kind of lonely, and seeing you as a newcomer might make his day a bit. Don't worry, he's not that dangerous. Even if he tries to be. So...y'know, it would really help me out."
Sans's voice said in his head.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"I...I am now." Jay said, taking Papyrus's hand with his own. Maybe Sans was right and his brother was really friendly.
"WOWIE! I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS ANY OTHER KIND OF MONSTERS DOWN HERE IN THE UNDERGROUND! WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" Papyrus said.
"My name is Jay. Right now I was in the middle of something...and I need a little bit of help." Jay said. "NICE TO MEET YOU, JAY! MY NAME IS THE GREAT PAPYRUS! WHAT CAN I HELP YOU WITH?" Papyrus asked, shaking his hand vigorously.
"I would like to know the Underground. I'm a bit new down here, and I'd like to know which place to go first and the people that live here." Jay said, hoping this didn't sound weird.
"OF COURSE! THE FIRST PLACE YOU SHOULD GO WOULD BE........I...REALLY DON'T KNOW. MY FATHER DR. GASTER AND MY BROTHER SANS RAISED ME HERE IN SNOWDIN. BEYOND HERE I'M NOT THAT SURE. BUT WORRY NOT! I SHOULD ASK SANS! HE SHOULD DEFINITELY KNOW! HE GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO!(FAIRLY FAST FOR HIS LAZY BEHAVIOR)." Papyrus said, then he led Jay back towards the other side of Snowdin.

* * *

"SANS!!!" Papyrus called over to his brother, who was laying down on his sentry post on a quick nap. Sans woke up all of a sudden from Papyrus's loud voice.
"SANS! ARE YOU SLEEPING AT YOUR POST AGAIN!?" Papyrus demanded.
"Huh? What's up, bro? I was checking the back of my eyelids for a moment." Sans said, yawning.
"REALLY BROTHER?" Papyrus said. "....ANYWAYS, I MET ANOTHER MONSTER. HE IS NEW HERE, AND HE WANTS TO KNOW THE UNDERGROUND!" he continued.
When Sans looked at Jay, he immediately recognized the dragon. "Hey. It's you, Jay! Weren't you the one who the one that carried me home?" Sans said.
"Oh! You remember that I and Telephone helped you?" Jay said. "Grillby told me about it. Thanks kid. That was really nice of you." Sans said.
"It's no big deal. I wanted to make sure you made it home safely." Jay said to the gaster skeleton.
"'MADE IT HOME SAFELY'?" Papyrus echoed. "SAAAANNSS...DID YOU GET DRUNK AGAIN AT GRILLBY'S?".
"Nah, Pap. I don't know anyone named 'drunk'." Sans joked. Jay snorted, covering his mouth as he strained his laughter.
"SANS!!! THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!!" Papyrus shouted, clearly annoyed by his brother's hilarious pun.
After Jay calmed down, Sans asked him: "So...What's this about getting to know the Underground?"
[How do I ask something without sounding suspicious?] Jay thought. "Well...I just wanted to know which are the safest routes and places I could take and visit first. Like I said, I'm new around here and...kind of alone. So...I really don't know. Also, I'm new to the people and how they can create objects and move them around and...." he explained, trailing off a while after he said that he was alone.
"YOU'RE...ALL ALONE? THAT IS SO SAD....DON'T WORRY, JAY! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL TEACH YOU! I WILL BE YOUR NEWEST BEST FRIEND! THAT WAY YOU WONT BE ALONE ANYMORE!" the tall gaster skeleton said with great eagerness.
"Really! That's so kind! Thank you, Papyrus!" Jay said, relieved.
"SO, WHAT SHOULD WE START OFF WITH FIRST?" Papyrus asked Jay.

(To be continued...)