[71]

The king and queen gathered Dr. Gaster and the rest of Jay's friends so he could show them what he saw on the surface. It was shown via Jay's eyes, which projected what he saw in a video on the wall. Kind of like when one would show an office group a presentation with a projector.
As the recording ran on, Jay catched some faces his friends made when they saw how dry and uninhabitable the surface was now. Some of them were shock, upsetting, traumatic, gloom, and distres. All which showed the same feeling of sadness and loss of hope. Once finished, Jay's eyes returned to normal and he turned to face his friends.
"You're right. It's impossible to live up in the surface. Even if we came with a solution to make ourselves adaptable to those conditions, it won't be the same as living peacefully and normally. On top of that, time will be scarce." Dr. Gaster said with a hand on his chin.
"So that's it then? The only way to survive is by staying down here. Right?" Undyne said. The others looked at each other and outside of the castle, where the whole Underground resided.
Telephone and Radio, however, looked towards the door that would lead to the room of the barrier. Jay got a feeling that they had some hope in their minds. That somewhere away from this laid a place where everyone could live safely. As if it were something weird or having the same feeling as the two dutchies, Jay also felt that there was hope and now he began thinking various possibilities.
One idea came up in his mind. Although it seemed risky and unlikely to give positive results, Jay felt like it would be the perfect solution to the present problem.
"Maybe there is one place where I could take all of monsterkind to." Jay said. All of his friends turned to face him curiously.

"My home. The other world where I come from."

"Your home world on the other side of the portal? But...didn't you say that they were trying to capture you?" Dr. Alphys asked. "More importantly...about what happened with the six humans eight years ago..." Dr. Gaster said, looking worried. "That's true. And they might still be waiting for me. Even so, they would pause the chase when they see all of you. Adding to that...I'll do my best to explain the reason why you guys had to do what you had to do. It's a small possibility because the majority might still feel vengeful, but I feel like this is the only path left for monsterkind's survival." Jay said to all of them.
Dr. Gaster looked at everyone around before turning back to Jay and nodding. The king and queen nodded in approval to this as well. "Alright then, we will help you set up the portal in any way possible." Dr. Gaster said.

* * *

Everyone headed back to the Lab building, where the portal gate resided in the computer room. Dr. Gaster suggested that they bring the portal outside so that there wouldn't be any explosions inside of the building. Jay nodded and helped them carry the portal gate outside to a secluded area.
Upon closer inspection once the gate was set down, Jay noticed many damage marks on the surface of the rim's center. Scratches, burns, claw marks, and bullet nicks decorated the lower side of the portal. One eye-catching damage was that located in the control panel. It looked...as if someone punched the panel so hard that it made a deep dent.
[Odd. Who did this? And why?] Jay thought as he inspected the hole more closely. The system inside Jay immediately analyzed its shape for any familiar traits. Turns out it did resemble a punch, and the system concluded that...
It was from a different nfd unit.
[ANALYZING SHAPE...]
[SEARCHING FOR RELEVANT UNIT IN DATABASE.........]
[CONFIRMED: HAND MARK MATCH TO UNIT 558. REPORTED TO HAVE SELF-DESTRUCTED 8 YEARS AGO IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE [REDACTED] TEAM.]
[Could this be the one Flowey talked about? When the explorers were attacked?] Jay wondered as he recalled Flowey's words a long time ago. Whoever 558 was, they must have sacrificed themselves to shut down the portal in order to prevent monsterkind from entering here. [Well...things have changed. Monsterkind will no longer harm people anymore now that there's no need to. I just hope that those back on earth would understand it.] Jay thought as he looked at the dent before starting to repair the damage. The panel keyboard was destroyed beyond repair, but the connections that would help operate the portal were luckily unscathed. Jay connected the power and mainframe cables to his core slot and entered the portal gate system.

[GRÜNDER INDUSTRIES]
|<^>|

[MAINFRAME CONNECTION AND STATUS NOMINAL]
[PLEASE ENTER REGISTERED AUTHORIZATION CODE: __ ]

[AUTOMATIC CODE UNIT REACH: ************]

[ACCESS GRANTED]

[WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT LOCATION?]
[Unknown_]

[PLEASE WAIT...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[CONFIRMED: BASE COORDINATES FOUND. COMMENCING RETURN SIGNAL BROADCAST TO RETURN LOCATION]

[LINKAGE SUCCESSFUL. PLEASE WAIT FOR CYCLING TO COMMENCE AND STABILIZE BEFORE ENTERING THE GATE]

Jay stepped back a bit and looked up at the portal gate as his core provided enough power for it. Then he disconnected the cables from his core slot.
The portal lights began to turn on and the power inside hummed to life, the rim turning slowly into position. Once it was locked in place, it activated and the whirlpool of the portal filled the hole. Jay turned around and looked at everyone. "I believe it's connected. Now we must wait." he said.
Dr. Gaster and Alphys stood next to the portal gate and looked at it. "Wow. It actually works." Dr. Alphys breathed. "What should our first dialogue be to those on the other side? Wait. What am I saying? What should we greet the other people with? A speech? Gifts? Why didn't I think of this before?" Dr. Gaster said.
"No need to worry. I'll handle the talking. And...prevent them from harming you guys if there's a slight misunderstanding." Jay said as he looked at the portal.
"Would they understand? If...they look at us and think that we are not friendly...would they hurt us?" Telephone asked as she and Radio came over to him. "That won't happen. Once they see me, a night fury droid, with all of you, they'll think that everyone is peaceful and won't even think of attacking." Jay said, smiling at the dutchie. Telephone smiled back happily and hugged him.
"I'm so excited to see your whole world! I'll see if they have animals, food, clothing, houses, trees..." Radio said as he went on the list of things they would want to see on earth. "Woah! Slow down, would you? I know you all are excited to see my home world. But all you have to do first is—" Jay began when an alarm blared inside his head.
[WARNING: LOCK ON]
There was no presence of military weapons or vehicles around as Jay looked around frantically for where the system was warning him about. Then his ears perked up when he realized that it wasn't coming from anywhere but from the portal itself.
Someone must have launched an explosive projectile through the portal!
Without wasting a second, Jay grabbed Telephone and Radio, who were the nearest to him, and literally threw them far away from the portal gate. "LOOK OUT!!!" Jay roared to all of his friends before turning around just in time to see the tip of a missile exiting the portal whirlpool. The missile streaked right towards him and Jay tried flinging his wings to activate the shield, but he realized it was already too late. It hit him and exploded in a large blast, sending smoke everywhere and Jay flying off. He landed on the ground flat and gave out a pained yell, trying to get up as parts of his scales and metal broke off from his body. When Jay looked back, he saw that large military drones and armed soldiers have begun to swarm out of the portal gate.