[85]

The destruction blast brightened the skies of the earth like two miniature and vibrant stars added next to the sun.
Everyone on earth looked up at the sky to see the bright light emanating from it. That included the monsters that were coming out of the stargate and up the stairs to the surface, and the civilians that have been evacuated to the outskirts of the city. And, of course, the four monsters, Jay's friends, that witnessed him carry the mechanical dragon straight up into the sky. Now they wondered...what happened? Did he succeed? Or...not?

Dr. Gutierrez fell to his knees on the ground that belonged to the exposed building floor, looking up with eyes full of tears.
"No....son...why?" Dr. Gutierrez sobbed as he looked down and let his tears drip down on the concrete ground. The nfd unit that piloted the fighter jet went over to his side and kneeled down, placing one clawed hand on Gutierrez's shoulder to comfort him. It did no good as he continued to mourn for his son's loss, this one being the second time and the most painful one since it was clear that Jay was never coming back this time.

Dr. Montero, still where the evacuation group was in the outskirts of the city, was looking up just like the rest of people. He could imagine what his colleague friend must be going through. The pain of losing a son yet again after all the hard work that was put in to make it possible, and find out that the impossible happened after such a long time of ignorance. The question that laid in everyone's mind was: "What exactly happened?". And, for Dr. Montero: "Was Jay, David, really gone? Or could he be retrieved again some way?". The answer will soon to be found, Montero hoped.

The rest of the Underground monsters finally reached up from the portal to the surface outside the facility, looking around as they were escorted by robot dragon units. Each one of them looked amazed by the new word that they have arrived to. The environment with fresh air, sunlight, grass, and trees, as well as the city that was damaged because of the intense battle that they never got to see. A few looked up at the sky, spotting two bright dots that was from the explosion and were next to the sun. One of them was Telephone, who was with her brother Radio among the large group.
"Where's Jay? I don't see him." Telephone said as she looked down in front and scanned around for any sign of the black robot dragon. There were too many monsters crowding around them, so the dutch angel dragon decided to step out and search around.
She looked around the trees and grassland, then up at the sky again where the two dots were fading away. One of them still continued to shine like a small piece of glass reflecting light.
And then it started descending really fast.
"What is that?" one monster said as they pointed to the sky where Telephone and Radio were looking, others looking up to where the rest had their eyes fixed on. The small object was descending down to the ground very quickly, being engulfed in flames. Soon it came streaking down to the ground and crash-landed several yards from the group that was outside of the facility.
Undyne and the others that went in first through the portal showed up behind them, looking very beat up and tired from running. "What happened? Is Jay alright?" Telephone asked them. "I'm not sure. He carried the large scrap heap up to the sky and must have defeated it." Undyne said. "IF THAT'S TRUE, OUR DARLING JAY MUST HAVE ALREADY USED UP ALL HIS ENERGY. AND NOW HE HAS COME BACK." Mettaton said, pointing at the site where the object has landed. Telephone began to fill up with hope. Their friend has managed to survive and has arrived by crash landing here. Which meant that Jay was still alive.
Telephone immediately ran towards the crash site, going around tree trunks and bushes as the smoke became thicker and thicker. Radio and the rest followed right behind her. Soon, the dutch angel dragon reached the site, waving her wings and paws all around to clear the smoke in front. There, laying down in the middle of the crater, was Jay.
Or, the burned up body of him with sizzling exposed metal and joints.
Telephone quick climbed down to the crater and reached out to Jay as she crouched, but retracted her paw feeling that the metal was too hot. The others finally reached where Telephone was and gasped at the sight. "Oh no." Undyne said as she saw the body of Jay in the middle of the crater.
"Jay...can you hear me?" Telephone chirped, hoping Jay was still okay or with a bit of energy inside to respond. There was no response from Jay as he laid there unmoving and silent. Tears started to form in Telephone's eyes as she looked at Jay's unresponsive body. Radio came down to where Telephone was crouched near Jay and placed a paw on her shoulder. Telephone began sobbing and then hugged Jay's body later once it was cooled enough.
"Please...please come back. I don't want to be alone in this new world that you promised every one of us without you. I don't know what you did to come back, but somehow you did. And you can't simply come back and be like this. So please...please wake up..." Telephone sniffed, tears continuing to stream down her furred snout.
A rustling from the left side of the crater was heard, and everyone turned to look.
Dr. Gutierrez, Dr. Montero, a whole squadron of other nfd units, and a few people behind them who have noticed the new beings near the facility, appeared. Some looked in shock, others were curious about the whole commotion.
"Who are these guys?"
"Where did they come from?"
"What kind of machine is that?"
And so the citizens of the city began to wonder as they looked from behind the nfd units and the two scientists/engineers. Dr. Gutierrez came over into the crater, not minding the otherworldly creatures near, and fell down to his knees. He, too, began to shed tears as he gazed upon Jay.
"Excuse me, but...do you know him?" Telephone asked, wiping her tears a bit as she noticed the men in the white lab coats. "Yes. Yes we do, in fact." Dr. Montero said, nodding. "He...he was my son." Dr. Gutierrez said, holding one of Jay's limp hands. Telephone gasped when she heard this.
"And...who might you be, sweetie?" Dr. Montero said, walking closer to kneel down near the dutch angel dragons. "My name is Telephone. I'm a friend of Jay...from the Underground." Telephone said, looking up at the coated man.
Some nfd units, upon hearing this, began to mutter with each other in worry. However, a few of them looked at the monsters on the other side and smiled a bit. They didn't seem scared or consider them a threat since they have shared Jay's data a while ago.
"Is there a way you can fix him and bring him back to life?" Telephone squeaked to Dr. Montero and Gutierrez. They both shook their heads.
"I'm afraid there isn't. The core's energy was the only thing keeping him with life. Now, it's all gone." Dr. Montero said as he opened the slot in Jay's chest to show the dark and empty core that laid inside. This saddened Telephone more as she began to cry again, tears dripping down from her eyes and onto the ground.