[13]

Meanwhile, back on the city~

Armed soldiers busted inside Dr. Gutierrez's appartment. General Foss marched inside once he got the sign that no one else was inside. He didn't look happy.
Gutierrez stepped into the hallway, confused.
"Arrest this man." Foss ordered.
"Yes sir!" two soldiers said, then grabbed the doctor by the hands and attached handcuffs to his wrists.
"What is the meaning of this?" Gutierrez exploded.
"You lied about the cores and placed it into your robot. The military and the White House are waiting, and in case you haven't noticed, we're in an arms race with the Underground!" Foss said angrily.
"It...it was a stupid decision. When I lost my son, I thought I'd.....I'd be able to....bring him back." Gutierrez said.
Foss's expression turned from angry to a fake one of understanding, then said "I know how it feels. Loosing someone dear to you. But it's all in the past. It's time to move on. You're the head of Gründer Industries. Get the core back so that some good may come from all this mess."
...
After a moment, Gutierrez nodded in agreement.
"When you find the unit, I'll deactivate it and give you the core." Gutierrez said.
"Well said." General Foss said. He nodded to the soldiers. "Let him go."
The soldiers freed Dr. Gutierrez, then left him alone.
After the incident Dr. Montero called Gutierrez, and he answered.
"Gutierrez. Are you there? I have something to share with you." Montero said.
"What is it?" Gutierrez asked.
"I want you to take a look at this." Montero said, then a message showed on the computer.
It showed two columns: one with a calm information flow and another one with an overflow of info.
"This shows the normal AI data flow of a regular NFD unit...and that of Jay's." Montero explained on the phone.
"And? What are you trying to say?" Gutierrez asked.
"I am saying that he is evolving. YOUR SON has evolved way beyond our expectations." Montero replied.
....
"So? That doesn't make a difference. He is still a copy." Gutierrez said.
"Oh, come on!!! You are the one who created him. You're just going to let him get captured and deactivated?" Montero exclaimed.
"Yes..... because it's the right thing to do." Gutierrez sighed.
His friend was silent for a moment before muttering:

"I hope they never find him, and instead he returns to you."