❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑦𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚❀

Beeeep. Beeeep. Beeeep.

The sound of your alarm clock wakes you up on the final day in April. Groggily, you lift your arm high enough just to trigger the alarm off. You then yawn and burry yourself deeper into the covers.

"Just... five more..." you tell yourself as you start to fall asleep.

"Ow! Jesus, fuck that hurt!" you hear your dad scream from downstairs.

"No..." you mumble, "please shut up."

"Maybe if you weren't in such a damn rush you wouldn't have almost cut your finger open!" your mom yells after him.

"You're both idiots," you groan as you peek your head out of the covers.

Well, I guess I'm not going back to bed. I should get up anyway, they'll probably honk for me at least twice before I'm out of the house...

After sitting yourself up, you slide on your slippers and leave your room. You walk downstairs and into the kitchen and find your parents both rushing around the house to get ready for work.

"Good morning sweetie," your mom hums softly as she kisses you on the cheek.

"Mhm," you mumble back as she jogs past you, into the bathroom.

You walk up to the refrigerator in the hopes of finding some leftovers you could use for today's lunch. To your dismay, the refrigerator is practically bare. Inside, you grab a loaf of bread and whatever else you need to make a sandwich.

You quickly stuff half the sandwich into your mouth while you look around for some tin foil to wrap the other half in for your lunch today.

After devouring the breakfast half, you bring your packed lunch to your room and place it inside your backpack. You then find time to change into your school uniform, wash up, and grab your notebooks and stuff it into your backpack. Just as you finish, you head your parents' footsteps gathering towards the front door.

Shit, I'm late.

You run downstairs as fast as you can, hearing the car horn honk twice as you open the door and lock it behind you.

"Sorry," you catch your breath, "Had a late start this morning."

"Wake up earlier," you hear your dad grumble as he folds his arms.

The rest of the car ride is silent except for the sounds on the AM radio your dad has put on to hear if there will be any traffic going into work today.

When the car finally reaches your school, you gather your belongings together. Just as you're about to exit, your mother calls out to you. You look at her a bit confused, especially by the genuinely sweet look on her typically stern face.

"Happy birthday, kitten."

"Oh, thanks," you force a smile before stepping out of the car.

You walk away from the car, not bothering to look back until you know they're long gone. Only then do you let out a sigh of frustration.

I shouldn't be so upset. I thought they were going to forget completely.

As you walk to the front of Karasuno High you find your friends Mayumi and Satsuki waiting for you, their features making it easy for you to spot them from far away. Satsuki's extremely messy brown hair paired with her brown eyes and black glasses accompanied by Mayumi's red-orange signature pigtails and big green eyes almost has them sticking out like sore thumbs.

Once the two of them spot you, Mayumi waves and runs up to you. You notice she's carrying a bag in her hand as she heads towards you.

"Y/N!" she beams as she wraps her arms around you excitedly, "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, Mayu," you smile genuinely for the first time all day.

Mayumi nods and grabs on to your hand. She then drags you over to where Satsuki had been waiting.

"Happy birthday, Y/N," Satsuki says sweetly.

You thank them both again, this time adding that you're glad they both remembered.

"Of course we remembered, silly! You're our best friend!" Mayumi beams.

"You're right," you chuckle. "Man, I wish I didn't have to leave the two of you in a few months..."

Satsuki shakes her head. "Don't think like that," she tells you.

"Yeah, but anyway you'll do great in England!" Mayumi interrupts.

"I heard it was cold and boring there," you pout, not wanting to think about the positives of moving.

"Pshht," Mayumi waves her arms around like a crazy person. "There's more to it than that! There's got to be tons to do and people to meet!" She then begins to wiggle her eyebrows up and down, "and maybe you'll even meet someone!"

"Sure," you dismiss the last comment, "In all of my eighteen years, nobody has ever expressed interest in me like that so it's not likely that'll just magically happen when I move, you know."

"Forget about it," Satsuki sighs after sternly shaking her head at Mayumi to end the conversation. "Let's just go inside before we're late."

Inside your building, the three of you finally stop walking once you're reached your locker.

"Mayu, can you hand Y/N her present so she can put it in her locker?"

"Sure," Mayumi nods as she hands you the gift bag. "Y/N, you can open it after school, okay?"

"Okay, thanks," you smile as you take the gift.

The three of you then split up and go to your respective classes. In yours, you sit down in your usual seat and zone out as your teacher begins to speak.

"This is so boring," you think to yourself as you look out towards the window, past the random boy who sits next to you.

It's such a nice day out, why do we have to be stuck inside? I heard it rains a lot in England too... I wish I could just go outside instead of being here and enjoy my last days in Japan.

While the lecture continues, you find yourself beginning to compose a list of things you'd like to do before leaving Japan.

Yuri Gardens, Shiro Castle, Tanjiro Island

Once your class is over, a bunch of students rush past you to leave the classroom and accidentally knock down your notebook. You watch as the four of them rush out of the room, your eyebrows furrowing in anger as you have half a mind to chase after them.

When you finally get over yourself, you look down to the ground where your notebook had been, only to see it gone and replaced with two shoes. You follow the shoes all the way up until you recognize the person as the boy who sits next to you in class. His light grey hair making him easily distinguishable. However, it's his hazel eyes and the birthmark under his left eye that you decide to pay more attention to.

Following his eyes down, you notice that he's reading your poorly constructed list you had just created during class.