❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑜𝑠𝑠' 𝑆𝑜𝑛 (2)❀

FLASHBACK

You sit in the kitchen, working on a new coloring book as your parents run around the house to get ready to leave for yet another one of their fancy parties. However, this time the party is being held at the boss' house.

You look over to your dad and see him making some smelly meal with fish. "Daddy, what're you making?" you ask as you scrunch up your nose.

"An appetizer " he says as he calls you over to him. You hop off your chair and stand on your tippy toes to get a better look at the food. "It's called tuna tataki."

"Can I have one?"

Your dad nods and hands you one of the bits of fish. You take a small bite at first but quickly devour the rest of it.

"That was so good!" you beam. "You should be a chef, daddy!"

He smiles and passes you a small bowl. You peek inside and see it's filled with soy sauce. Together, the two of you pour the sauce on the food gently.

"It looks so fancy!" you say as you admire your work.

"It's my special trick," he hums. "Now, go clean up the table and we'll get ready to go. I bet your mom will walk in any second."

You walk over to the table you were previously sitting at and begin to clean up your crayons. At the same time, your mother runs in and sits beside you.

"Stop fooling around," she says as she sees your dad placing more garnishes on the food he has made. "We've got to go soon!"

You watch as your mom slides her foot into one of her shoes and buckles the strap.

"Hi mama," you say gently.

"Hi," she replies quickly.

You continue to watch her as she almost freezes in place for a moment. She slowly puts down her foot and looks up at you, her eyes dark and cold.

"You better behave today young lady or I won't be able to bring you to another one of these parties again, got it? We don't want a repeat of last time."

Last time... you think as you look down sadly.

Just in time, your dad puts the container of food between the two of you and pats your head reassuringly. "Cheer up kiddo. The boss' son will be there, too."

"Can I play with him again?!" your eyes light up.

"Sure," he smiles, "just nothing too rough this time, okay?"

"Promise!"

Your mother stands up and ruins the happy moment with a scoff. "Time to go."

When you get to the party, your parents usher you to the front door

When you get to the party, your parents usher you to the front door. You hold your breath as it opens and the boss is revealed on the other side. Immediately, the eyes of the boss glue to your body. He eyes you for a moment (although it seems like an eterrnity) before finally looking up at your parents.