❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒❀

The same day, when it's time for lunch, you wait for Suga as he gathers the two boxes of sushi for you both. Then, together you make your way out of the classroom. He continues to follow you as you begin to lead him out of the building and across the courtyard.

"Where do you usually sit for lunch?" he asks in the midst of the semi-far walk.

"Outside under the Maple when it isn't raining," you reply dreamily, thinking of how nice your lunch spot is.

"I usually sit outside too with my teammates," Suga nods. "That is, when we aren't practicing for a game or something."

At the word 'teammates' you're instantly reminded of Daichi and begin wondering how he's doing. It's been a little while since you last talked to him.

"Koshi, have you talked to Sawamura lately?" you ask him.

"Mhm," he replies, "but he seems a bit... off lately. It's understandable with everything that's going on with him, though so I try to help him out as best as I can."

"Thanks," you smile, "that's nice of-"

CRASH! Your sentence is cut off by a loud noise and the sound of a young girl gasping. The two of you quickly look over to the side and see Daichi and a first-year girl. It looks as though she had spilled something onto him and he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going.

"I-I'm really sorry," she squeaks out as she bends down to pick up her food that, luckily, was secured in a bento.

"No, it's alright," Daichi tries to assure her, but the girl only shakes before running away.

Beside you, Suga sighs. "Mind if I meet up with you in a bit?"

"Do you want me to come with you?" you ask.

"No, it's alright. I'll meet you under the Maple in a bit."

You nod and part ways with Suga. You look back briefly only to see Suga patting Daichi's arm.

Soon you reach your friends who immediately greet you excitedly, but Satsuki's smile soon fades when she notices that you've arrived empty-handed.

"No lunch again, Y/N," she shakes her head. "I'm disappointed."

"Actually," you smile happily as words flow carelessly out of your mouth, "I do! It's Suga."

Mayumi immediately gasps and looks around to see if anyone heard you. "Y/N! What the fuck?! Don't say that out loud, gross!"

"Eh?" you hum before realizing how you had phrased your previous sentence. "It's not like that," you chuckle. "I meant that he's bringing lunch, he just got a bit held up on his way."

"Really?!" Mayumi beams, "That's so great! We never get to talk to him!"

Satsuki nods in agreement. "Well now's our chance because they're headed this way now."

They?

You turn around and see Daichi walking alongside Suga as they approach you. Mayumi then lets out a small squeak.

"Huh? Why's Suga bringing the creep with him?" she asks with a shiver.

You provide your two friends with the quickest update ever on Daichi saying that he's the boss's son and that he isn't really a 'creep,' and ending with a quick "I'll explain better later," as the boys arrive.

"Makes sense," Satsuki whispers with a smile.

You smile too, happy that your friends are willing to include both Suga and Daichi now. Then, the two boys take a seat on their side of you. You look over at Suga who shows a faint look of disapproval at Daichi before sitting down fully. You don't question it, though, as you wait patiently for your sushi. And when Suga finally passes your food to you, you accept it gratefully.

"So I heard your last volleyball game was a couple of weeks back, is that right?" Satsuki asks as the five of you begin eating.

You notice a saddened look on Daichi's face as he nods and replies with a simple, "yes."

"We still practice with the first and second years," Suga adds, "to keep them prepared and excited for the next season even when we won't be on the team with them anymore."

"Ooo, are you going to come back to watch their games?" Mayumi asks Suga.

As Suga replies, you look over at Daichi. His saddened expression is now paired with a tense body. You place your hand on the fist he's making with his left hand to attempt to get him to calm down.

"Uh, so Satsuki when did you say graduation was again?" you ask to change the conversation for his sake.

"The thirtieth," she replies. "It's super close, so you better not slack off on your studying!"

"I won't," you sigh as you begin to think about those evil exams.

Once lunch nears its end, you say your goodbyes to Daichi, Mayumi, and Satsuki before parting ways. Then, you walk back to your classroom with Suga.

"Monday's the day you're released from house arrest, right?" he jokes.

"Yep," you say with a groan, thinking of the dread the next few days will bring.

"Okay, then Monday I'm going to take you out to celebrate," he grins.

"Oh really?" you say cheekily, "Do you have a place in mind?"

"Shiro Castle," he replies.

You roll your eyes at the familiar-sounding name. "Wasn't that one of the things on the idiotic checklist," you shake your head.

"You guessed it," he chuckles as he throws his arm around your shoulder. "I can't wait."

Although you don't give him a direct, verbal response, you do send him a smile that shows that you're excited, too.