❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑝 𝑀𝑜𝑚❀

After graduation, you spend your weekend getting some well-deserved rest. You had talked to Suga and the rest of your friends a bit over text but focused more on yourself for the little time you had.

On Monday morning when you wake up, you see that you've gotten a text from Suga.

SUGA: I'm taking you to Tokyo today, please don't say no. I already paid for everything.

SUGA: By the way, we'll be there for a few days. ;)

You can't help but smile at his messages, but as much as you'd like to go you know you can't. You may have graduated, but you still have work.

SUGA: Skip it.

Y/N: Idiot, if I keep skipping work I'll be out of a job.

SUGA: Right because you're going to keep that job for all of what... three weeks?!

Y/N: You ass! Fine, I'll go.

SUGA: Be there in a few!

Once you finally agree to go with Suga, you go downstairs to notify your parents that you'll be gone. You rehearse what you're going to say in your head so you don't leave room for them to say no.

When you get downstairs, you find your dad sitting on the couch watching television. You stand beside him and take a deep breath.

"Dad. I'm going to Tokyo for a few days and I just wanted to tell you that," you tell him as confidently as you can.

"Okay," he grins as he looks over at you, "have fun, Y/N."

"Eh?! That's it?! You don't care?" you ask.

"Of course I do," he chuckles, "but your friend already asked me about it."

"Ko- Suga talked to you?"

"Yep," he nods before his smile turns into a frown. "Now can I talk to you about something?"

You accept and sit down beside him as he pats the couch cushion beside him. You watch a more serious look then grow on his face as he turns off the television and clears his throat.

"The divorce is final," he says bluntly. "This morning before you woke up your mother packed a few boxes and I think-"

Just then the doorbell rings and your dad stops his sentence. However, he does say that you better get the door. You look at him a bit confused but do as he says. When you open the door, you see Daichi standing on the other side with a blank look on his face.

"Sawamura?!"

"Hi, Y/N," he says in a way that makes it seem as if he is ashamed to be at your house.

"Is everything okay?" you ask worriedly.

"I'm, uh, just here to pick up some boxes..."

"Oh... Ohhh, okay come in," you say as you begin to understand what's going on. You lead Daichi to your parents' room where, sure enough, there are about ten large cardboard boxes sealed up and waiting to be transported.

Geez, she couldn't do anything herself. Why'd she have to get Sawamura to do this for her?

Daichi thanks you and begins to pick up a box and head towards the front door. You chase after him to open the door for him.

"Hey, why are you doing this?" you ask as you follow him outside.

"Apparently it's necessary for me to help my new 'step mom'," he rolls his eyes.

The two of you share a quick laugh before going back inside to repeat the process. However, the next time you arrive outside you see Suga's car pull up. Your heart drops for a moment as you worry about the next interaction the two boys will have.

"Hi, Y/N! Daichi!" Suga waves as he approaches the two of you.

Thank god, you sigh as a breath of relief washes over you.

As soon as Suga notices what Daichi's doing, he offers to help. When you're satisfied with the way the two of them are interacting, you go back inside to finish your conversation with your dad.

"So, Sawamura's going to be back and forth now too, huh?" you sigh as you sit beside your dad again.

"Mhm," he nods sadly.

"If she's moving all of her stuff out, that means you got the house, right?" you ask.

"No," he mumbles before placing his hands on his head. Once again your heart sinks as the singly word hits you like a ton of bricks. "I've got to figure something out soon before she kicks me out."

You nod, understanding what he's saying but not wanting to believe it. You want to ask about his job as well, but you don't want to pry so you decide against asking. Instead, you hug him goodbye and go upstairs to pack for your trip.

Once you're all packed, you bring your bag downstairs with you and drop it outside by Suga's car. When you turn around, you see both him and Daichi carrying boxes towards you.

"All done," Daichi tells you as he places the last box into the car. "Thanks for letting me stop by, Y/N."

"No problem," you say with a knowing smile. "You're welcome anytime."

"Good to know. And Suga, thanks for the help."

Suga nods and tells Daichi that he and you are on your way out, so you'll be going now. After saying your own goodbye to him, you open the door to Suga's car and drop off your bag. You then hop in and wait as Suga does the same.

"Ready to go?" Suga smiles at you.

"I've got no idea what you've got planned," you giggle, "but I'm ready, yeah."

"Good," he grins before turning on the car and rolling down the windows.

As the two of you leave, you wave goodbye to Daichi. Then, before you know it, you're on the road to Tokyo.

 Then, before you know it, you're on the road to Tokyo