❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦❀

Once you and Suga arrive at a house with loud music, he parks the car and the two of you step out. You walk beside him towards the house where you're immediately greeted by Tanaka again.

"Suga!" he yells out. "And Y/N, right?" he adds with a smirk.

"She's not interested, dumbass," Suga groans as he grabs onto your hand and pushes past his friend into the house.

"Come on, you know I only have eyes for Kiyoko, man," you hear Tanaka whine from behind you.

What happened to the red-haired girl he was interested in before?

The two of you continue to walk through the house until you see a few familiar faces. You're reintroduced to the red-haired Hinata once again as well as his tall black-haired friend, Kageyama.

"Hi Y/N!" Nishinoya waves to you, remembering your name from way back. "Congrats!"

"Oh, thanks," you say to him. "Were you at the ceremony, too?"

"Of course!" he beams.

The two of you talk for a while and somehow you get on the topic of career paths.

"What do you think you're going to do after high school?" he asks in front of the groups.

You stumble over your words as you look at the pairs of eyes glued to you. Considering that you're moving to England, you haven't really given much thought to anything outside of that. Luckily, someone puts their hand on your shoulder and cuts in for you.

"Hey guys," Daichi's voice rings in your ear.

You let out a huge sigh of relief as you look up at him. He sends you a quick smile before looking away. You notice his expression turn into a slight frown. You follow his eyes and see that he's watching Suga who's also wearing a strange expression on his face. However, you try to ignore it and continue a new conversation with the group.

Much later on, you walk out of the bathroom with Mayumi who, unlike you, had been drinking. She holds onto your hand and swings it as she hums her way back out towards the others. You look over at Mayumi's happy face and think back to what Tanaka had said to you earlier that day.

"Cute red-haired girl with pigtails"

Your face drops upon your realization that he was talking about Mayumi. Then, you commence your operation to keep Mayumi away from Tanaka.

"Y/N," she hums, "You know what's not fair?"

"Hm?" you ask.

Mayumi looks around the room before pulling your arms close towards her. She then stumbles back until she falls down on the couch.

"Ah, sorry," she begins to apologize. "Come sit."

Mayumi pats the spot next to her. You decide to sit beside her and once again she looks around the room for a reason unknown to you.

"It's about time I tell you," she says seriously. "I think I like Satsuki..."

"Mayu, not funny," you roll your eyes. "I don't think she'd like you saying that as a joke."

"It's not a joke," she says as her face begins to turn a deeper shade of red than it already was from the consumed alcohol. "I do like her... but she... Sawamura," Mayumi then pouts.

You wrap your arms around your friend and try to console her as best as you can, a bit confused whether she's one-hundred percent serious or not. That is until Satsuki shows up.

"Y/N! Come here quick!" Satsuki says in a panic.

Almost immediately Mayumi stands up and stares straight ahead at Satsuki. "Hi, Satsuki!" she squeaks out loudly.

"Uh, Mayu are you okay?" she asks.

Mayumi nods intensely as she hums "mhm".

"Okay good. Y/N, come on," she then calls to you.

You tell Mayumi that you'll be back, but she insists on following you. Together, the three of you rush outside to the backyard where you all gather behind a large bush and peek over to see Suga and Daichi conversing.

"I came out here a minute ago and heard a bit of what they were saying. I thought you should probably hear it, too. We'll give you some privacy."

Satsuki nudges Mayumi and they quickly leave you by yourself outside as you watch the two men in secret. As you listen in, you realize that they're having an argument.

"She's leaving in a month, Suga. What more do I need to tell you?!" Daichi's voice grows louder.

"And so are you! I'm not just going to roll over and give her to you," Suga growls back.

"I never asked you to. I don't think she should be led on for a few weeks. You're going to break her heart, don't you understand?!"

As much as you don't want to agree with Daichi, you see his point. You want to enjoy as much of your time as you can with Suga before you go, but you don't necessarily want your heart broken.

When the yelling begins to escalate out of control, you stand up and run out of your hiding place towards the two of them. You stand in front of Daichi and wrap your hand around his wrist.

"Koshi, I think it's time for us to go," you say after you successfully break the two of them up.

Suga nods but keeps contact with Daichi for a moment before walking away. You then quickly apologize before running after him.

When the two of you get out to the front of the house, you call out to Suga and tell him to stop walking.

"Sawamura needs a supportive friend right now, didn't you say that to me?!" you remind him. "He's going through so much and he needs you to be there for him. Whatever bullshit you have with him, you need to get past it, okay? He... only has a month left." Your words begin to trail off.

"I'm sorry," Suga says as he realizes the saddened look in your eyes.

He gives you a quick hug before telling you he'll give you a ride back to his house. However, you shake your head in disagreement.

"It's okay," you attempt to smile. "Can we just go to your house?"

"Let's go," he grins as he wraps his hand in your and guides you to his car.