❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑜𝑜𝑙❀

After dinner, as per Suga's request, you show him around the rest of your house that he had not yet seen. Once the tour concludes, you end up by the back door.

"Can we go outside?" Suga asks as he looks out the door.

"I think it's about to rain, but sure let's go."

In your backyard sits a deck alongside a huge pool. You follow Suga as he walks over to it.

"You're pretty lucky," Suga says as he looks out across the yard. "Must have been fun playing here as a kid."

You shrug and walk over to the pool. You sit down by the edge and place your feet in the water. "It's not that lucky when you can't really share it with anyone," you say knowing that having friends over means letting them hear yelling and screaming.

Suga takes a seat beside you. "Seems like you're pretty distant with your parents," he comments.

"Was it that obvious," you look away. "But you're right, I don't have the best relationship with them."

"It wasn't obvious 'til I heard your mom yell at you when I left the other day..."

You let out a sigh, more than a bit embarrassed that he both heard your mom and pieced together the details of your home life better than anyone else without being told much.

"Sorry about that, my mom just thinks that I'm going to run away before she can take me away from-" you stop yourself before you say too much.

Luckily, Suga doesn't question your behavior. Instead, you watch with confusion as he stands up silently and looks down at the pool.

"Are you okay?"

No response. Then, he begins to walk away far from the pool. Only when he stops and turns around does he speak with his charming smile again.

"I'm not a great swimmer so I hope someone will save me!" he calls out to seemingly no one in particular.

As you realize what he's saying, Suga runs towards you and the pool. He jumps into the water making a huge splash and soaking your clothes.

That idiot...

"Help!"

You look over to see Suga's head just barely bobbing above the water until he goes under completely.

"Suga?! Oh, crap!" You begin to freak out, not knowing whether he's serious or not, and worried that he might actually be in trouble.

You don't waste much time diving into the water and swimming towards him. Just as you reach the spot where you saw his body go under, he jumps out at you and squeezes you.

"Suga! You idiot, you scared me!"

Suga chuckles, not taking you too seriously. "You were right, Y/N. Your pool is more fun with other people."

"Except," you begin to lecture him as you're released from his embrace, "now your only clothes are soaked."

"So what?" he grins. "I'm having fun with you, that's what matters. Lighten up, Y/N!"

Without waiting for whatever excuse you were about to come up with, Suga dives underwater again. You look around for him, but it's a bit difficult to see under the water in the dark. Then, when you hear him come up for breath, you see he has popped up a ways from you.

You dive into the water as well, swimming over to him with a smile on your face. When you get to him, he's sitting on one of the steps. You sit beside him.

"You know, I meant what I said before. I really like spending time with you. You help me take my mind off of a lot of stuff I don't want to think about..." he trails off.