❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑘❀

"Ehh?" 

You turn around from your position between Suga and his captain to see the same orange-haired kid pop up yet again. He seems to look you up and down quickly before continuing to question Suga. 

"Your cousin is the waitress from the restaurant the other night? How come you didn't say anything to us?"

You then slowly fix your gaze back to the captain who also seems to be waiting anxiously for Suga's response.

"Ah, well," he laughs awkwardly as he tries to come up with a reasonable excuse, "I didn't want to embarrass her or anything."

"You can tell them the truth," you shake your head and sigh. "I asked him to pretend like he didn't know me 'cause I was working with my friend."

Suga sends you a slight, reassuring smile obviously happy that you backed him up. When heat begins rushing to your face, you look away towards the boy still inspecting you.

"You guys look nothing alike," he shakes his head. "You're really cousins?"

"Hinata, Y/N is my cousin not my sister," Suga steps in.

"Oh, haha you're right. My bad. Anyway, I'm Hinata," he says as he bows slightly towards you. "It's nice to meet you Y/N."

"You too," you politely respond.

The captain then chimes in, introducing himself as Daichi. "I apologize for what may have seemed like an interrogation. I just didn't know that Suga had a cousin at Karasuno after all this time."

"Right, well I've been wrapped up in school work since it's not going too well for me," you admit.

Daichi sighs. "I know a few others like that too," he looks over in Hinata's direction.

Suga mentioned that some of his friends aren't very smart. Did he mean his volleyball friends?

"Well," Suga beams as he wraps his arm around your shoulders, "I'm going to be tutoring Y/N after school some days when she needs a ride home."

Immediately, you feel your face heat up from the contact and the words you weren't expecting to flow out of his mouth so easily.

"Yep," you agree as you wiggle out of his hold and into a safe distance away from him.

You catch him chuckle at your reaction for a moment before saying goodbye to the rest of his friends. He then grabs your hand and begins ushering you out of the gym.

"Hurry. Before they ask you more questions," he whispers.

Outside of the gym, Suga finally lets out a breath of relief. You do the same once he lets go of your hand.

"Sorry about that," he sighs, "they can be a handful sometimes. Oh, but nice job keeping up with what I was telling them."

"No problem," you smile. "But, they just seem like they care about you."

Suga chuckles. "Yeah I got worried about Daichi there for a second but you handled that well! I suppose I should make it all up to you now."

"Mhm," you nod with the slightest smirk. "I need to know if all that lying was worth it."

Suga apologizes for making you have to lie to his teammates and the two of you steer the conversation into something more pleasant for a while.

"By the way, I've got work at five and I really need to be there on time... It's my first real work day."

"Oh? Good luck then," he smiles sweetly.

You look away from Suga, knowing full well that if you did look at him your stomach would get in knots just from his charming smile alone. You manage to squeak out a "thanks," before ending the conversation there.

"You didn't bring a car to school, right?" he soon asks.

You tell Suga that on most weekdays, except for days when your parents are called in early, you ride with your parents to school and take the bus home or catch a ride with Satsuki and Mayumi. 

"That's alright," he hums, "I'm more than happy to give you a ride when you need it."

"Where is it that you plan on taking me exactly?" you say skeptically. "Not kidnapping me, are you?"

He sighs. "I thought it was going to be a surprise."

"And I thought you said you were going to make it up to me for lying to your friends," you add triumphantly.

"Alright fine," he groans. "If you must know, it's Hiyoriyama park."

"Hiyoriyama park? What's there?"

"You've never been?" he asks confusedly.

"No," you shake your head. "At least, I don't think so."

Suga smiles and begins to describe Hiyoriyama park to you, telling you of the cherry blossoms and the view overlooking the city.

"Sounds nice," you smile at the thought of the park. "Do you go there a lot?"

Suga looks away and nods. "It's got a nice breeze and it's a pretty good spot for keeping my mind off of things."

Things like... volleyball?

"Uh, Suga, I don't mean to pry but is everything okay with you?"

"Worried?" he flashes you a smirk.

"Not like that," you huff and cross your arms. "You just seem upset is all."

"I'm fine," he attempts to assure you, but you aren't thoroughly convinced. "I just find it hard to get rid of the negative energy sometimes, you know?"

"I get it," you nod, thinking about your own set of issues.

The two of you finally get to Suga's car. As he opens his door, you do the same and step into the passenger seat.

"Ready to go?" he asks as he turns on the engine.

"Hm, I think so," you tease as you click on your seatbelt.

Suga smiles at you and puts the car in reverse. You look over at him and feel your face tingle with heat. You thank god that he's looking away because he would most definitely tease you for the look on your face.

I'm getting in way over my head.