❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡❀

After your exchange with Daichi over his food order, you go back to the kitchen to place it with the chef.

"How's it going with the creep," Mayumi whispers to you as she walks over.

You shrug. "He's honestly not being too weird. I mean he asked me for what I'd recommend but customers do that sometimes, don't they?"

"Yeah," Mayumi thinks aloud. "I supposed that's true."

When Daichi's meal is up, you say goodbye to Mayumi and bring the meal to him. He beams excitedly when he sees it.

"Wow, this looks delicious! I'm so glad I asked you for your opinion!"

You smile and tell him to enjoy his meal. You then begin to walk away, but soon something tells you to stop. You find yourself turning around and walking back to his table although you're a bit hesitant on doing so.

"Can I ask you a question?" you quietly ask.

"Of course," he nods.

"How is Suga, I mean my cousin, doing in your club? He always seems like he's bothered by something when he talks about it.

Daichi smiles and puts down his utensils. "You're a good little cousin, aren't you," he chuckles.

Your face heats up at the unexpected nickname, but you do your best not to let it bother you.

"I guess he didn't tell you, but he decided to let a first-year take his spot to start and he's still kinda struggling with it. Although, he is doing way better than he was before."

"Before?" you continue to pry.

"Hm? Your cousin didn't tell you about that either?" he questions with a slight grin.

You shake your head in response as you anxiously await for what he's about to explain to you.

"Before, Suga didn't know if he should leave the team because he wasn't getting play time and didn't want to hold anyone back or be a burden to the first-year and make him feel bad. Now at least he shows up to practice. Except," he narrows his eyes as he peers at you, "when he has to tutor his cousin and miss out."

"Sorry about that," you laugh awkwardly. "W-well enjoy your meal and let me know if you need anything. My apologizes for keeping you talking for so long."

You then scurry away from the table, thankful that he didn't say anything more before you could leave. Once you get to the safety of the employee's only marked room, Sophie approaches you again letting you know that once your tables are cleared, you're free to go home. She also notes that Mayumi has just finished her tables and left while you were busy with your table.

"Okay, no problem," you wave before she turns to walk away. "Thank you for telling me!"

Sophie smiles her adorably sweet smile and turns away to head back to her post, leaving you to yours. Then, once you're done for the night you go back to Sophie to say goodbye.

"Good night, Y/N, see you tomorrow," she grins as you wave and open the front door.

"Bye!"

On your walk to your car through the parking lot, you feel as though something's watching you. You walk a bit quicker as you fumble around your bag to grab your keys and unlock your car door. Once you get in the safety of your own car, you turn around in your seat to get a better view of the restaurant you just left.

"I think they've got security cameras here at night. Smart, yet still kinda creeps me out," you sigh. "Just like at home."

You look around the parking lot just to make sure that there really is nobody watching you. Seeing no cars with lights on, you feel a bit more relieved.

I'm just tired, you tell yourself as you shake off the feeling.

You begin recalling your night with Daichi and how he acted, calling you Suga's 'good little cousin'. In fact, you get chills just thinking about it.

That guy so obviously sees right through the whole cousin act we've got going on.

You sigh and start up your car, leaving the parking lot to head for home. Once you're finally at your destination, you kick off your shoes and look around the room. There, sitting by the dining room table is your mother.

"Hi mom," you say as you walk past her and into the kitchen, not trying to stir up too much drama.

"Darling come here for a second, will you?" she hums deceivingly sweetly.

"Sure," you squeak as you feel your blood run cold. Hearing your mother speak that way is never a good sign. "Is everything alright?"

Your mother plays a video on her phone and as it starts, you immediately recognize it as the front of your house. And there, in all of its glory, rolls up Suga's car. You close your eyes as his face is clearly shown in the frame, trying to prepare yourself for what's about to come.

"You were not with your friends like you had told me, Y/N," your mother's voice speaks with a darker tone now.

"I was with a friend..."

Both your and your mother's attention turns back to her phone as she zooms in on his face through the paused recording.

"I've never seen that boy before," she comments.

You roll your eyes. "Does it matter? We're leaving in two months and it's not like he's going to-"

"Less than two months," she corrects you. "You shouldn't be leading on some boy before you leave. Besides, I'm not making any exceptions for staying in Japan over some boy!"

"Mom, he's just my friend. I don't have any interest in him anyway."

And I'll still not want to go to England anyway.

Your mother shakes her head as she puts down her phone. "I really hope you are going to work at that restaurant with Mayumi and not fooling around someplace else."

"Someplace else?!" you scoff. "Why would I lie about where I'm going every day!"

Immediately, your mother stands up and towers over you with what little height she still has on you. No matter the situation, she's always able to make you feel ten times smaller.

"I will find out if you are lying, Y/N. No need to get upset," she says triumphantly.

You scoff at her sudden boost of confidence and begin to walk away. However, she grabs onto your arm tightly and whips you around to face her. Then, her other hand appears from thin air and makes contact with your right cheek.

You pull yourself out of her grasp and run out of the room without another word. Although your mother adds one last comment to her lecture, you tune her out as your mind turns foggy and dark.

That bitch.