❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑟❀

After the park, Suga gives you a ride home. You be sure to thank him multiple times throughout the ride too, just to make sure he knew you appreciated the gesture. As he pulls up in front of your house, you thank him yet again.

"Like I've told you before, don't worry about it. I'll be glad to give you a ride any time!"

You nod and begin to gather your belongings. As you do, Suga looks out the window towards your house.

"You've got a nice place," he hums.

"Thanks but it's not like I paid for any of it, so don't give me any compliments," you tease.

"You're right," Suga smiles. "Well, I had a good time with you again today. Good luck at work tonight."

"I will," you nod, "and I had fun too."

Immediately, his face lights up and it's not difficult to tell that he's overjoyed by your comment.

"But don't get any weird ideas!" you comment as your cheeks begin to heat up, thinking about how he grabbed your face before.

"Goodbye," you then squeak out before exiting the car as quickly as you can before you can make a fool out of yourself in front of him yet again.

One you get inside your house, you yell out, "I'm home!" to see if anyone's around.

Although you didn't expect anyone to be home, your mom walks up to you with a serious look in her eyes and a frown on her lips.

"Where the hell have you been?!" her voice booms so loud you hope that Suga had already left and didn't hear it.

"I went out with my friends. Are you mad? I didn't come home late..." you say while your voice gets progressively quieter.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work soon? If you make a commitment, you should keep to it!" she ignores what you say.

"But-" you cut yourself off from talking as you see your mother raise her hand. You close your eyes and wait for the loud noise and pain you dread so much, yet it never comes.

When you look up again, your mother sighs and places her hand back down at her side. "If you're supposed to be at work soon then go get ready or you'll be late."

Without another word from you, you run upstairs and shut the door behind you. You sink down against it and curl yourself into a ball for just a moment to take a breath.

"It's my fault, shit," you mutter to yourself, "I should have texted her before. Whatever, too late now."

You stand up and get changed before leaving your house as quickly as possible.

"Y/N!" Mayumi greets you when you arrive at the restaurant. "You got here just in time! Shift's about to start!"

Once you're ready, Mayumi and Sophie give you a set of tables to work on for the night. Then, you get started on your shift.

Half past eight the crowd has finally died down and you only have a few customers finishing up with their meals.

"Hey," Sophie smiles as she walks up to you, "you've got a single at table thirteen."

"Someone just came in?" you question, "It's getting late."

Sophie shrugs and wishes you luck before walking back to her post. You do your best to put on a sweet smile and walk up to the table.

Once you stand before the customer, your body freezes and you suck in a sharp breath. Before you stands Suga's captain, the man who introduced himself as Daichi.

"Hi!" he smiles at you. "I must admit I was hoping I'd see you here but didn't think I'd be so lucky as to have you as my waitress."

The two of you laugh awkwardly for a moment as you both try to come up with something to say. As for yourself, you're stuck wondering if all the volleyball guys have the same weird showing-up-everywhere issue that Suga has which causes him to always show up where you are.

"S-so can I get you started with anything to drink?" you ask politely.

"Just water, please."

You tell Daichi that you'll be right back after grabbing his drink and then walk into the kitchen. When you're there, Mayumi approaches you with an empty glass.

"Ugh, I can't believe he's back again," she groans as she hands it to you.

"You know him?" you ask as you take the glass to fill it with water.

"Yeah, I know him," she sighs."He's a creep and pretty much the main reason why I told you to stay professional the other night. I was sure he was going to say something to you. Besides your cute grey-haired friend, that captain guy had his eyes on you more than anyone else."

"I'll be careful, don't worry," you assure her before walking away.

You decide not to give your own opinion on Daichi that you think he seems nice because you aren't too sure on it yourself.

When you get back to his table, he thanks you for the drink. "And I apologize if this is awkward for you, I can always ask to sit somewhere else," he adds.

"No, no, it's alright," you shake your head, letting your curiosity of the man get the better of you. "I can separate work and school life just fine."

Daichi nods. "I do the same with volleyball," he admits.

You're about to ask Daichi about volleyball when he hums and catches your attention.

"What would you get?" he asks as he refers to the menu before him.

Shocked, you shake your head and admit you don't have an answer. "Honestly, I don't know the whole menu yet... I'm, uh, new."

Daichi then hands you the menu with a warm smile. He asks you to take it as long as you're comfortable with doing so. Cautiously, you take the paper and begin reading through the items. After choosing a meal, you relay it to him and pass back the menu. However, Daichi shakes his head.

"You can take it back. I'll go with what you've suggested."

"J-just like that?" you say to make sure that's what he really wants.

"Yep, just like that."