❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑠❀

"The hell are you talking about?! At least I came back last night! And where the hell were you?!"

Sunday morning you wake up to loud yelling from downstairs. You do your best to block it out by putting one of your pillows over your head, but it does little to help.

"I came back last night! And sober, might I add!"

Unable to lay still for long, you reach over to your nightstand and grab your phone. You dial Mayumi's number and wait for her to pick up.

"Mayumi," you yawn, "I need to get out of my house. Are you free today?"

"Yes!" she practically yells through the phone, "What'd you want to do?"

"Can we meet up at Tanjiro Island? I'll call Satsuki and invite her, too."

"No, don't worry about that. I can hear the screaming through the phone so I'll call Satsuki. You just get dressed and leave your house as soon as you can."

"Thank you," you sigh, "I'll see you then."

The moment after you hang up, you jump out of bed and pull your things together. You grab a bathing suit and slip in on. Then, you remember the marks on the upper part of your arm that Daichi found last night. You quickly get some makeup to conceal them before checking your face as well. Luckily, the red mark from last night didn't last 'til morning.

I just hope Mayumi doesn't hit my back again or they'll notice something's up. It's a miracle they haven't already noticed.

You then stand up and put the rest of your clothes on. You finish packing up and slip down the stairs and out of your house before you can be seen.

Not paying much mind to the time, you drive down to the boat dock and wait a few minutes for your friends to show up. Soon, you feel your eyes become heavy and you rest your forehead on your steering wheel.

You eventually wake up to gentle knocks on your car window. You look up and wipe the drool off your chin. There, outside of your window stands your two friends smiling at you. You wave and see Mayumi giggle at the tired look on your face.

Once you've collected yourself together, Satsuki opens the door for you. Mayumi takes your hand and helps you step out of the car. You then lock the car behind you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," you say groggily to your friends.

"It's okay," Satsuki smiles, "you don't need to say sorry for that."

"Yeah! And we bought a ticket for the boat already for you so you don't have to worry about it!" Mayumi beams.

You look over towards the dock and see that the boat has already arrived. You thank your friends and start your walk over to the water.

"By the way, I brought lunch for all of us so we don't need to worry about that," Satsuki says.

"Wow, yay!" Mayumi squeaks, "Today's the best!"

"Thanks, Satsuki," you smile. "That's so nice of you."

"It's nothing," she replies.

"Yeah, Satsuki and I are just glad we finally get to hang out with you!"

The three of you board the boat and take a seat up at the top floor. You find yourself mesmerized by the movement of the water as you begin to zone out again.

"So, Y/N, how'd it go when you left your house this morning?" Mayumi asks.

"Eh? Oh, I don't think they noticed I left. They probably won't even notice until I come back," you say as you still look down into the water below.