❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔❀

The following evening, you and Suga get ready to go out for your last night together in Tokyo. You've decided to walk to the Kawashima Shopping district and you're ecstatic. You hope to find something you can give to Suga as a thank you for the trip. On your way out of the hotel room, you make sure to grab your wallet and purse.

You wait beside Suga as his car is brought to you by the valet employee. As you wait, you see the young man from your first day again. His eyes meet with yours and widen right away. When he sees Suga's car coming towards you, he scurries over to the door to open it for you.

"Thank you," you say with a smile as you sit in the car.

When Suga gets in the car, he lets out a disgusted sigh. "That kid's just messing with us, isn't he?"

"I think you scared him," you giggle as you correct his statement. "He looks so nervous."

"He probably always looks like that," Suga teases before starting up the car.

You roll your eyes and decide against disagreeing again. "Anyway, do you have any cousins over at Kawashima like you surprised me with at the fish market we went to?"

"Nope," he chuckles, "but if I did, that'd be pretty cool."

Suga soon parks the car on the side of an empty street. You look around, wondering if you're in the right area but don't question it. Once you get out of the car, the two of you walk together until you reach a street all lit up with bright signs and lights which blinds your eyes used to the dark sky.

"This place is so cool," you beam as you subconsciously place your hand in Suga's and intertwine your fingers with his. "Let's go!"

Suga smiles at your happy demeanor and follows you down the street. You walk around for a while until the street becomes crowded with people standing in what seems to be a line.

"Is there something going on over there?" you ask Suga.

He gets up on his toes and looks over the crowd of people. "I think it's some kind of restaurant. Want to check it out?"

You nod and walk over to the restaurant. You find out that the line is for take-out food and the whole crowd is waiting for the same thing, Yamitsuki Croquette. You decide to wait in line as well, hoping to try the food.

When the food arrives, you and Suga sit down at a bench a bit far away. You open the box and pick up what looks like a big chicken nugget. As you sink your teeth into it, the flavor of both meat and sweet potato fills your mouth.

"So good," you sigh as go to take your next bite.

"Mhm," he agrees. "I've got to learn how to make this."

"And when you do, you've got to teach me," you smile.

Suga agrees to your request and the two of you finish eating your food. When you're done, he tells you that he needs to use the bathroom and asks if you'll be okay with standing outside alone for a minute.

"I'll be fine," you reassure him as you hold up your phone. "I've got this if you need me."

Suga nods but keeps the look of concern on his face. "Okay," he tells you, "I'll be right back."

You give him a quick wave goodbye and watch as he walks away. You then put your phone in your pocket and look around at your surroundings. You find a jewelry store and decide to go in, purely out of curiosity.

As you look around the shop, your eyes graze across many gorgeous items. They only fully stop as you find a beautiful white and gold watch. You can't help but stare at it awhile, admiring the beauty.

"Would you like me to pull that out for you?" a store employee asks.

You let out a small gasp from being so lost in thought and not noticing their approach. "Sure," you nod slowly.

You almost stare at the watch slack-jawed as it begins to shine as the employee pulls it out of the casing for you to get a better look.

"It's very pretty," they chuckle when they notice your expression.

"Very," you emphasize. "How much is it?"

"39,000 Yen," they smile, "but for you... 35,000."

You try hard not to laugh at their horrible attempt at giving you a discount. However, you do think that you've been saving up a lot from work and Suga has spent a lot for your trip so it only seems right to splurge a bit for him.

"I'll take it," you say softly, almost as if you were in disbelief that you actually said yes to such a high price.

The worker congratulates you on your purchase and walks over to the register. You follow and, as you wait for them to ring it up, look out the window. There you see Suga looking around outside for you.

Crap, I gotta hurry up.

"Would you like it wrapped or placed in a bag?" the employee then asks.

"I'm okay! Just the box is fine," you say anxiously.

When the employee hands the box over to you, you thank them and quickly slip it into your purse. You then walk outside and act as normal as you possibly can.

"Hey!" Suga calls to you. "I was looking for you. Where'd you go to?"

"Sorry," you laugh awkwardly, "I just went in that store."

You point over to the jewelry store and Suga gives you a strange look.

"That expensive-looking store? Did you buy anything?" he asks.

"Eh? No, I was just looking," you shrug.

He nods. "Okay well let's keep walking. Ready to go?"

"Yep," you smile as you slip your hand back in his. "I'm ready."